in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-24-2008 8:07 AM by bert4243. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-23-2008 12:55 PM

Confused [*-)] Connecting STB To Beovision 8 To Use Beo5 Remote

Hi peeps, i have been advised you have to have a scart connection between the Beovision 8 and the SKY+ STB to enable the Beo5 remote to function properly with the IR Blaster. However, because i'm going through a wall i want to drill smallest hole possible. Does anyone know if a scart to 3 phono with a scart adapter on the end would work? Basically would it still carry the voltage through for the IR Blaster? If so this would enable me to drill a smaller hole then just put the adapter on once through?

See following link for what i mean http://www.futureshop.co.uk/profigold-pgp3200-switchable-scart-adapter-p-548.html

Rob 

• 03-23-2008 2:02 PM In reply to

Re: Connecting STB To Beovision 8 To Use Beo5 Remote

Rob,

If you wish to put a SCART cable through a wall with the smallest hole possible, I suggest you pull the pin out of the SCART at one end and replace them on the other side of the wall. In fact you can get SCART plug kits from Radiospares just for this task.

Also, I would suggest that you don't use adapters.

Regards Keith....

• 03-23-2008 3:05 PM In reply to

Is the Sky+ box HD? If so I would recommend the component connection (audio must go into scart in this case but it doesn' require a full scart cable to go to the box). 

The scart to 3 phono connection will not give you the best picture and it won't carry any power, just audio and video.

Also I think you are confused about the STB. The BV8 has to outputs for the STB that are independent of the scart or component connection. It's an extra cable. 

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 03-23-2008 4:00 PM In reply to

Hi mate can you send me a weblink to show thye item you mean? Are you basically saying i should cut the end of the scart lead off then use a kit availavle from Radiospares to reattach once threaded through hole? 

• 03-23-2008 4:00 PM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

Rob,

If you wish to put a SCART cable through a wall with the smallest hole possible, I suggest you pull the pin out of the SCART at one end and replace them on the other side of the wall. In fact you can get SCART plug kits from Radiospares just for this task.

Also, I would suggest that you don't use adapters.

Hi mate can you send me a weblink to show thye item you mean? Are you basically saying i should cut the end of the scart lead off then use a kit availavle from Radiospares to reattach once threaded through hole?  

• 03-23-2008 4:09 PM In reply to

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

You're able to buy cut scart cable from places such as Maplin. Not sure about the terminal connectors though, but here's a link to the cut cables;

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?menuno=12286&FromMenu=y&doy=23m3&MenuName=SCART%20Cable

Might be of use for you.

Robert.

• 03-23-2008 10:52 PM In reply to

jk1002:

Is the Sky+ box HD? If so I would recommend the component connection (audio must go into scart in this case but it doesn' require a full scart cable to go to the box). 

The scart to 3 phono connection will not give you the best picture and it won't carry any power, just audio and video.

Also I think you are confused about the STB. The BV8 has to outputs for the STB that are independent of the scart or component connection. It's an extra cable. 

Cheers

JK 

I understand what your saying but after speaking to someone at B&O on the phone he said it has to be a scart to scart link as the power for the IR Blaster is sent down one of the unused scart pins and 3 phono wont carry the voltage needed.

• 03-24-2008 7:50 AM In reply to

>>I understand what your saying but after speaking to someone at B&O on the phone he said it has to be a scart to scart link as the power for the IR Blaster is sent down one of the unused scart pins and 3 phono wont carry the voltage needed<<

Look at the user manual. The BV8 has 2 outputs to connnect a STB cable, one is actually included. There is no way to link that to a scart port.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 03-24-2008 8:07 AM In reply to

jk1002:

>>I understand what your saying but after speaking to someone at B&O on the phone he said it has to be a scart to scart link as the power for the IR Blaster is sent down one of the unused scart pins and 3 phono wont carry the voltage needed<<

Look at the user manual. The BV8 has 2 outputs to connnect a STB cable, one is actually included. There is no way to link that to a scart port.

By STB i mean the SKY plus box (Set Top Box), think your confused in thinking im trying to connect the IR Blaster directly to the scart. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)