in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-08-2007 11:02 AM by v800. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-03-2007 4:59 AM

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

Earset 2 - damnit!!

It's had to go back now!! Got a full refund no questions but that's not the point!!

I bought this, worked perfectly in terms of connexion & making/taking calls but whenever I spoke to someone, they had a terrible echo of their own voice & couldn't hold a conversation. Tried 2 sets with my phone - same result. Tried the same 2 sets with my mother's phone & the instore serene (all calling the same person) & no problems. They've taken the model number of my phone & are consulting technical, I've no problems at all with the service (& she did offer to sell me a Serene they'd had back at a nice rate) & it's obviously something just betwixt my handset (LG U400) & the Earset 2 but I'm just annoyed, you know? Gr. Sad

PD "The difference betwixt erotic & kinky is that betwixt using a feather & using a chicken..."

• 05-03-2007 6:11 AM In reply to

• Ericvr6
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 205
    • Bronze Member

Re: Earset 2 - damnit!!

sorry but earset 2 is first made for the serene. that your phone not works on the earset is not B&O falt.

It is just not compatible

tip use your mothers one

gr eric

• 05-03-2007 6:24 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Thats exactly what happened to the pre-production model when i saw it in Linne!

It was being used with a Nokia at the time, and worked perfectly.  It didn't want to know my Serene though, which was a bit confusing! Tongue Tied

Lee 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-03-2007 6:25 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Oh what a hideous font. How can we take you seriously with that big purple writing.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-03-2007 6:36 AM In reply to

And also the color ......
  • 05-03-2007 6:40 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

LaughingLaughingLaughing
    You don't half get some stick over your font, Paul!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-03-2007 7:00 AM In reply to

I hope it works with a Nokia 8800 and in the future the iphone!
  • 05-03-2007 8:43 AM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

jandyt:

LaughingLaughingLaughing
    You don't half get some stick over your font, Paul!

Andy T.

I know, I only try & brighten the place up. Sad

PD "The difference betwixt erotic & kinky is that betwixt using a feather & using a chicken..."

• 05-03-2007 9:27 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Ericvr6:

sorry but earset 2 is first made for the serene. that your phone not works on the earset is not B&O falt.
    It is just not compatible

I can't let you say that : Bluetooth (and now bluetooth 2) is a norm, so everything labelled Bluetooth should work together (as long as it's a normal think to link them together, I do not say that you can connect two earset together : pointless!!). So manufacturers please respect the Bluetooth norm!!! In that case, I hope that it's not the B&O stuff which is to blame as the most expensive BT headset on the market should respect the norm very closely...

• 05-03-2007 9:39 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Sorry he's right. B&O produce products for their own market first and foremost. If the earset happens to work well with another make of phone all to the good. Unless they say it will work with phone a b or c you can't expect it to work.
  • 05-03-2007 9:45 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

PD:

I know, I only try & brighten the place up. Sad

Threaten Comic Sans Paul unless they leave you aloneLaughing

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 05-03-2007 9:46 AM In reply to

You have it good. When I tried it with my phone, people at the other end could not hear me what so ever. It was as though the mic was not work. The audio I got of "What? Hello? Who's there?" was absolutely fabulous though. The boys in the store were slightly embarassed to say the least.

Nicholas
  • 05-03-2007 10:32 AM In reply to

• jonnyb
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-06-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 123
    • Bronze Member

This is very frustrating. I've just spent five whole minutes mocking up in Photoshop what I imagine PD's B&O set up must look like and you can't upload pics to the forum. I want my money (and five minutes) back. Sad
  • 05-03-2007 10:37 AM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

Blast, I was away during the whole Comic Sans debate - I'd've enjoyed that!!

Jonny - I'm interested, mail the mock up to piercepd@yahoo.co.uk !!

Still trying to get a decent picture of my B&O in chaotic situe but my room is too cramped/wide agle lens isn't wide enough!!

• 05-03-2007 11:01 AM In reply to

• jonnyb
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-06-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 123
    • Bronze Member

Glad you enjoyed that, Paul!
  • 05-03-2007 1:48 PM In reply to

• v800
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Hi

Just wanted to share my experiences with a newly purchased earset 2. I exchanged it from a prevously used sony ericsson hbh-300 with that long pin-style reaching almost to the mouth (too big looking)

Sound compared with the hbh-300, both used with the same serene phone: Very rough, flat and sticky/high treble. Some calls hurts the ear even at lowest volume. The hbh-300 was much more soft in the sound appearance.

Quality: The bluetooth connection get clips and pops with my serene in my belt pocket 40cm away. When I take the Serene out it all get non-interference and clear. When I have the Serene folded and in my closed hand I very often also get interference in the connection. The hbh-300 was never this picky with the distance and it was purchased 4 years ago. Also often I get disconnected in the same situation: I make a call. All good. I hang up, dial another number and TADA, the phone makes the  call without the headset and I get the answering voice from the one I call heard from the Serene and the headset icon on my Serene is suddenly gone. :(

Comfort: after like 5 minutes the earset-2 hurts the my ear. I found out that I could just hold the speaker to the most upper part of my ear (above the ear tunnel) and then fold down the earhook to fix it at that position. But that way I will have to have more volume to hear the caller and also other people will hear the sound since the headset is virtually above the point where it should put in the speaker into.

Look: Yes it is very different and has that classy and quality appearance. But why is the speaker bulb angled???? It just makes the whole headset rotated and the lower part sticks out from Your ear and I think that makes it look more clumsy, or am I way out of line here?

• 05-05-2007 9:24 AM In reply to

Tried earset 2 yesterday with 2 Nokia 6230i's and they didn't work. Very frustrated!!
  • 05-08-2007 11:02 AM In reply to

• v800
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Gonna return my headset tomorrow. Doesnt work good at all. 50% of all pairing tries, the headset doesnt connect properly, often the green light lights up continously and the headset locks and cant even be switched off. :(
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)