in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-03-2008 1:53 PM by Stars. 40 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (41 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-13-2008 5:24 PM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

Re: It's that time of year again, the F1 season has started

Ah Monza. I was there in '99. We didn't speak a word of Italian & got lost in the forest! Ended up craning over the bridge on the straight after the Lesmos to see anything & had no idea when the race was over!!

Yeah, Donington... a great place for bikes, touring cars & Download, just not sure about F1 these days, although maybe a replay of Senna '93? Wink

PD "The difference betwixt erotic & kinky is that betwixt using a feather & using a chicken..."

• 08-13-2008 5:48 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Great track Donnington, I have taken my old kit car round there several times. Never got to do the hairpin though as it was always the short track. First time I went there was for Monsters Of rock in 1994.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 08-28-2008 4:29 PM In reply to

just heard that phil hill passed away today...

• B&o bottle opener
  • 09-07-2008 10:28 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Wow, what a race that was today, the last two laps had me on the edge of my seat. Don't know what our neigbours must have though when Lewis did cross the line, I was rather vocal to say the least.LaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 09-07-2008 11:25 AM In reply to

Missed it. The Belgium Grand Prix is usually one of my favourites.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 09-07-2008 1:30 PM In reply to

I cannot believe that Hamilton has been penalised. The incident was a racing incident where he took a short cut across a chicane - if he had not there would have been a collision. He then let Kimi back through before passing him at the next corner. To be handed a 25 second penalty seems perverse.
  • 09-07-2008 2:12 PM In reply to

What an absolute farce.

Again, the FIA has demonstrated a clear and biased approach to McLaren and Hamilton when involved with drivers for Ferrari.

I wonder what will happen now as I cannot see this relationship continung and the breakaway from F1 may start to gather momentum on the back of this.

Scandalous.

• 09-08-2008 1:12 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

mobeyone:

What an absolute farce.

Again, the FIA has demonstrated a clear and biased approach to McLaren and Hamilton when involved with drivers for Ferrari.

I wonder what will happen now as I cannot see this relationship continung and the breakaway from F1 may start to gather momentum on the back of this.

Scandalous.

This penalty was way over the top IMO. Just another incident where the FIA have bowed to Ferrari. Lewis was more than fair in his overtaking, I do not see how he gained an advantge when he backed off and went behind Kimi's Ferrari. Before overtaking in what was a fantastic bit of driving.

CraigSmile

• 11-02-2008 10:41 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

All ready for the last race of the season. All been well when I next post on thus thread it will be about Hamilton been champion.(fingers crossed)

CraigSmile

• 11-02-2008 1:57 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

The F1 season is over

OMG - how close was that?

I've no fingernails left, I really thought that last tyre change had blown it for him.

Congratulations to Lewis - despite the best attempts of his team the boy done good. I need a beer.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-02-2008 2:25 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Medogsfat:

OMG - how close was that?

I've no fingernails left, I really thought that last tyre change had blown it for him.

Congratulations to Lewis - despite the best attempts of his team the boy done good. I need a beer.

Chris.

That was fantastic, my heart was in my mouth. For the last two laps I was pacing around the Living Room like a mad man. When hamilton crossed that line, I screamed so loud. Then went and got a beer to celebrate.

CraigSmile

• 11-02-2008 5:04 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I think that was the best race I have ever seen. Though I support Ferrari, I think Lewis Hamilton deserved that title.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 11-03-2008 2:30 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

The F1 season has ended.

Tom:
    I think Lewis Hamilton deserved that title.

I agree, especially considering the way the FIA have treated him & McClaren with the number of points they have robbed him/them of.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-03-2008 8:17 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: The F1 season has ended.

Medogsfat:

Tom:
    I think Lewis Hamilton deserved that title.

I agree, especially considering the way the FIA have treated him & McClaren with the number of points they have robbed him/them of.

Chris.

that's my point. it would not have been right if Massa had got the title.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 11-03-2008 10:19 AM In reply to

How much did cost the Timo Glock's final corner sudden braking  ? Whistle
  • 11-03-2008 1:53 PM In reply to

Felipe will be back next season, hopefully with Kimi in a higher gear too.
Page 2 of 2 (41 items) < Previous 1 2