in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-03-2008 1:53 PM by Stars. 40 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (41 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-16-2008 6:20 PM

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

It's that time of year again, the F1 season has started

So who was up during the small hours of this morning to watch the Australian GP live? Obviously if you live in Australia this will not have been the case. Had to watch the repeat myself ,as I had to go to work for a while this morning. Fingers crossed that Lewis Hamilton will take the title this year.Yes -  thumbs up

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 03-17-2008 3:39 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Re: It's that time of year again, the F1 season has started

Craig:

So who was up during the small hours 

I SKY+ it and watch it first thing. Nice pit stop incident.  

• 03-28-2008 10:11 AM In reply to

Who is Lewis Hamilton?

Forza Ferrari!

BV10, Avant DVD, BL5, BL4000, BS2300, BV6-26, MX 4002, 2xBeocom 6000, LC2

• 03-28-2008 2:48 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

thavn:
    Who is Lewis Hamilton?

Forza Ferrari!

Lewis is the Rookie that only lost by one point to Ferrari's number 1 driver.Laughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 03-31-2008 8:52 AM In reply to

I think he may have been joking Laughing

Huge excitement already this season. My bet is dominant Ferrari next weekend as they tested in Bahrain during the winter, but it seems anything can happen so far.

Are any UK BeoWorlders interested in entering the ITV.com Fantasy F1 game? It is free to enter, big prizes up for grabs, but mainly just a bit of fun. The game officially begins this weekend with Bahrain as the first 2 races were used as a practice for users to get to grips with the game. Post a reply if you would like to give it a go and if a few people are interested I'll set up a mini league so us BeoWorlders can compete against each other as well as everyone else.

http://f1fantasy.itv.com/?cmpid=FF5001

• 04-27-2008 11:24 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I watched the race this afternoon. It was very booring. It looks like in Schumacher days.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-27-2008 11:30 AM In reply to

Tom:
    It was very booring. It looks like in Schumacher days.

Can't complain Laughing
    And I don't have to watch it anyway, since it's only on pay TV here in Finland, and going to the pub to watch the race gets hard on your liver... 

-mika

• 04-27-2008 2:57 PM In reply to

The Ferraris had a beautiful drive today. Hamilton was pushing hard, but I feel the Ferraris just cruised through the entire race. An occasional speedy lap from Raikkonen and Massa would suggest this.

I felt for Fisichella only just missing out on Force India's first world championship point, but I would have been impressed if he could have kept Heidfeld behind him any longer.

2 retirements for Renault was pretty embarrassing. Williams were hardly noticed throughout the race, as were the Hondas, but I suppose some points were made.

I hope Heiki is okay for Istanbul and hasn't suffered serious injury. A front blow-out at that speed must scare the hell out of you!

So as the teams have now settled for the 2008 season, the big question is why have the McLaren's been lacking pace over the past 3 races when they seemed dominant in Melbourne?

Tom, I didn't think today's race was boring. Catalunya isn't generally an action-packed race simply due to the layout of the track in my opinion.

• 05-25-2008 5:41 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Well its the best racr of the F1 season IMO, Monaco. Did anyone watch the qualifying yesterday? Managed to watch all 3 parts in between moving. So now the BV3 is set up at the new house and whilst the race is on today nothing else is going to get done.Laughing

CraigSmile

• 05-25-2008 12:42 PM In reply to

To be honest I think Monaco is usually more a parade of cars than a formula 1 race. But we sure got a lot of action today, thanks to the rain.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 05-25-2008 12:53 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Hamilton & the McClaren team were absolutely outstanding today. Well worth his win for the way he drove in the middle section.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 05-25-2008 2:05 PM In reply to

Devastated for Sutil and Force India. Completely innocent and nearly fourth.
  • 05-25-2008 5:31 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Peter :

I couldn't agree more Peter, that was a real kick in the teeth, Sutil's was the drive of the day IMO. I'm not sure how guilty Raikonen was though, he seemed to just hit a damp patch and the car did the rest.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 05-26-2008 2:10 AM In reply to

Medogsfat:

Peter :

I couldn't agree more Peter, that was a real kick in the teeth, Sutil's was the drive of the day IMO. I'm not sure how guilty Raikonen was though, he seemed to just hit a damp patch and the car did the rest.

Chris.

Yes... A sad moment, really.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 05-26-2008 12:11 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Peter :

My heart realy went out to Sutil, and it was not as if he had got to where he was by luck. Had to be the driver of the day IMO. So now Lewis Hamilton is leading the driver standings. Now only two races ago some people were saying how his chances for this season were over. Lets hope they eat there worsds.LaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

• 05-26-2008 12:36 PM In reply to

What a great race. After watching the qualifying on Saturday I thought we were in for a grid position race, but I'm glad the rain came into play to shake things up a bit. I think Sutil was lucky to get to 4th place during the race, as this would not have happened without such mixed and unpredictable weather conditions. However, he had a great drive and I was very sorry to see him lose his 4th place and the team's first ever opportunity of scoring points. Kimi should have been driving more conservatively at that stage in the race and not lose out on anymore points.

I believe all the drivers on the podium thoroughly deserved their place including Lewis of course. I hope Robert manages to win his first grand prix soon as he really is BMW's best driver in my opinion. Let's see if Lewis can dominate Montreal as he did last year.

• 05-26-2008 3:43 PM In reply to

• AT
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 187
    • Founder

I'am just curious, why nobody talks about the other aspect...

If I know well, if a team has a single point, then all the transfer costs will be payed by FIA, which means a lot of money for a small, and not wealthy team. Raikönnen earn more money in one race, than this costs, so I think it used to be fair to pay this fee for Force India until they receive a single point (in this year of course).

I think, there is nothing to do for Sutil now, but it could be at least a small "sorry" for Him also.

Anyway, I thought it used to be a good idea to let Raikönnen go away (maybe he kick off somebody else...) but at that point in Monaco - there was no time, and place to do it.

So, I think, this was not a regular accident, and let me say - if it used to happen in the opposite way, like Sutil kicks Raikönnen out - than I think FIA used to take immediataly away Sutil's licence, because of this crasy driving.
  • 05-26-2008 4:22 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

beocool:
    To be honest I think Monaco is usually more a parade of cars than a formula 1 race. But we sure got a lot of action today, thanks to the rain.

I was happy to see some more action on the circuit than usually, but to be honest, this was more of an auto-scooter race than a F1 Race. Sutil was very unlucky, but if you let these cars take that kind of races, this is what happens. 

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 07-24-2008 7:58 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I can't believe no one has mentioned Lewis Hamiltons last 2 performances (GB & German GP's). so I will.

Just how good is this kid going to get? Frighteningly prodigious.

Chris.

• 07-24-2008 3:34 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Medogsfat:

I can't believe no one has mentioned Lewis Hamiltons last 2 performances (GB & German GP's). so I will.

Chris.

Have to agree with you Chris, I did not get to see the German GP. Spent the day gojng wound the Heratige Museum at Gaydon. As it was Land Rovers 60th anniversary all staff and contractors were given free tickets and a model of the first Land Rover.

CraigSmile

• 08-13-2008 7:49 AM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

Craig! I'm ashamed of you! Missing a race indeed!

Lewis is scarily good but unfortunately for him, it's now all pressure. If he doesn't win the title, he's messed up! It's only his second year!!

Booking my BGP '09 tickets soon, anyone else going?

PD "The difference betwixt erotic & kinky is that betwixt using a feather & using a chicken..."

• 08-13-2008 12:32 PM In reply to

I think I might consider going to Silverstone next year as I remember hearing the GB grand prix will be changing venue for 2010. Craig, can you confirm this? I am going to both Monza and Singapore this year! Anders, will you be at Monza again this year?
  • 08-13-2008 12:46 PM In reply to

Craig:
    Medogsfat:

Chris.

Have to agree with you Chris, I did not get to see the German GP. Spent the day gojng wound the Heratige Museum at Gaydon. As it was Land Rovers 60th anniversary all staff and contractors were given free tickets and a model of the first Land Rover.

CraigSmile

I love the Gaydon Museum though have not been since the demise of Rover. The last time I went was on a quiet day and I took the GT6. They told me not to go to the car park but to park up by the entrance. Became an exhibit for the day! Laughing

• 08-13-2008 1:57 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Henry:
    I think I might consider going to Silverstone next year as I remember hearing the GB grand prix will be changing venue for 2010. Craig, can you confirm this? I am going to both Monza and Singapore this year! Anders, will you be at Monza again this year?

Henry, it looks as though the British Grand Prix will be going to Donnington after 2009. Although the track will need around £10,000,000 spending on it from what I heard. Worst part is that until about 5 years ago the company I worked for had a box at Donnington. Some muppet decided that golf days were a better idea for customers so the box went.Sad

CraigSmile

• 08-13-2008 2:54 PM In reply to

Yes I thought it was Donnington. I have always wondered what Brands Hatch would be like with the modern F1 cars though! The blind turn one that falls away at the exit is brilliant. 
Page 1 of 2 (41 items) 1 2 Next >