in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-25-2008 4:54 AM by steph. 201 replies.
Page 7 of 9 (202 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-14-2008 12:34 PM In reply to

Re: BS5 Any news???

big deal on the circular interface , apple used the wheel on it's ipod , now it's moved on

if they bring anything out even remotely approaching the ipod touch i'll be impressed

no , make that flabbergasted 

it's really quite sad , apple and bno could make a wonderful team , but both companies are so arrogant in their own ways it will never happen

so we have to make do with a 3rd rate windoze xp embedded pos

popgear is grate™

• 05-14-2008 1:49 PM In reply to

"and was told ML will be fine. To me this is great news for myself and all my clients who will be able to make an easy physical transition to BeoSound 5 when it arrives.  "

So this means that yo can have the socket unit and master in differents room!

Case: I have BV 9 and if I change my BM1 to Beomaster5 I can pilot via BV9 screen

And if I bought Beosound 5 I can have this in another room and use that screen to pilot thru playlist etcBig Smile

Or? 

• 05-14-2008 1:55 PM In reply to

Flappo The Grate:

big deal on the circular interface , apple used the wheel on it's ipod , now it's moved on

if they bring anything out even remotely approaching the ipod touch i'll be impressed

no , make that flabbergasted 

it's really quite sad , apple and bno could make a wonderful team , but both companies are so arrogant in their own ways it will never happen

so we have to make do with a 3rd rate windoze xp embedded pos

I'll be flabbergasted when B&O does not follow the Apple way and fortunately both parties are "too arrogant" to join the same team, just imagine the apple non-design in combination with the B&O design. I'm just one of the many,many user who are content with their "1st rate" XP.

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 05-14-2008 5:57 PM In reply to

• mason
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-08-2008
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

Hey Trip Your claims about Beosound 5 have already been disproved.I am afraid the "THX certification, a single hair from George Lucas' beard" is already in use on this AV product. Check it out.http://www.nikkor2d2.com/BTW, no – I won't be getting one. I'll be holding out for some Danish stuff :)
  • 05-15-2008 1:49 AM In reply to

Holy crap Mason. It's... it's... BEAUTIFUL.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 05-15-2008 1:55 AM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

Trip,

I would disagree on your love of the Serene human interface.  You must not use this phone everyday like I do otherwise you would see the flaw in the design of the keypad wheel layout.  Dialing with one hand almost always causes the cursor to jump to the beginning of the number string resulting in misdialed numbers.  This surely this action never received positive feedback at the "measure of pleasure lab".   

• 05-15-2008 2:03 AM In reply to

Expo, 

You are right on this. I have trained my fingers to avoid it fairly well (thank you piano lessons), but I believe that having the wheel shut down as soon as dialing begins would be a welcome change in software. I stand by my assertion, though, considering that I direct dial 1 call for every fifty or so I scroll to, whether in my phone book or in a call list.

And for the record, many disagree with my love in general.  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 05-15-2008 2:07 AM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

Roger,

What your implying is that Beomaster 5 is the same box size as the Beomedia 1, which could suggest that it is just a Vista OS version with it's name moving from beomedia to beomaster.  That could also explain all the delays. 

• 05-15-2008 2:11 AM In reply to

I swear to god. If the BeoMaster 5 or any other product has Vista on it I will boycott the damn thing. I'm serious Bang! Are you listening!? I'm already uneasy knowing that Windows XP is furtively running somewhere in my house!

• 05-15-2008 2:05 PM In reply to

• astrauch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Saarbrücken, Germany
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

Hi,Beosound5 sounds really nice..But when I heard Microsoft, I remembered reading in article about a partnership of B&O and Microsoft in december. It was mentioned that future B&O TVs and Audio-systems will be based on Microsoft technology.

Here's the link (german): heise online - Bang & Olufsen plant TV- und HiFi-Geräte auf Windows-Basis

If true, I would NEVER buy one!

Andy 

• 05-15-2008 2:16 PM In reply to

I would,
    Don't see a problem with using Microsoft OS for B&O products. It does not matter what's better at this time.
    What really matters is who is going to be around in the future.
    I think by using Microsoft OS platform for B&O software development is a good business decision.

David the BeoPerson
  • 05-15-2008 6:16 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

With respect to Microsoft... I generally avoid MS as much as possible, but what's the alternative?  I haven't seen Apple allowing others to OEM their hardware/software.  Linux perhaps? but that direction has its own set of issues...

Stan

• 05-18-2008 9:15 AM In reply to

What is the soundQuality of digital music compared to cd.

• 05-18-2008 9:54 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

It hasn't been released, nobody knows.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 05-18-2008 9:58 AM In reply to

TripEnglishWhistle
  • 05-18-2008 10:28 AM In reply to

• msinn
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-11-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 48
    • Gold Member

koning:

What is the soundQuality of digital music compared to cd.

What kind of music are you getting from a CD? On my CDs music is stored digitally Whistle

• 05-18-2008 12:44 PM In reply to

ok,

That means the sound reproduction is the same.

I must have it!!!!Party!!!

• 05-18-2008 12:54 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Not at all, it could store things in MP3/AAC format. We don't know yet, so it's impossible to say what the sound quality is going to be like. It also depends on the DAC used, and if it has a digital output to best make use of the BeoLab 5's capabilities.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 05-27-2008 5:13 AM In reply to

• 05-27-2008 7:40 AM In reply to

That is there for some time. It seems that the "box" itself is done or nearly done and they are just fiddling with the software.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-27-2008 8:24 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Yes, according to the most recent financial report it is a software-issue.

• 05-27-2008 9:15 AM In reply to

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

Hopefully we get a preview in the new magazine that's out in June. I'll be honest, I'm really looking forward to this product and hope it can live up to our expectations. 

Robert. 

• 05-27-2008 12:01 PM In reply to

My personal guess is that we'll see the BS5 in the sept/october issue. There are not going to make the same mistake as to have a product in the catalogue and not having it in the stores...

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 05-27-2008 1:27 PM In reply to

• Doc
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 585
    • Bronze Member

To which product are you referring?
  • 05-27-2008 3:07 PM In reply to

• nlb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Does anyone know if the BS5 can be operated using a remote control like the Beo4 or Beo5, or is the 'screen' supposed to be a 'fixed' remote control in the room? nlb.
Page 7 of 9 (202 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >