in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-24-2008 11:00 AM by londonguy. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-23-2008 12:43 PM

My new beovision 3

Hi guys,

First of all i wanted to thank everyone on this forum for providing me with great advice as it's enabled me to purchase and replace my MX7000 with a contemporary adversary.

Secondly i also wanted to ask you great chaps a few more questions:

1) Fast moving images don't look great on the set, is there a setting that i can adjust?

2) How do i connect the dolby optical out (Sky plus) to the Beovision 3?

3) How can you tell if you have an anti reflex screen?

Thanks in advance.

• 02-23-2008 1:30 PM In reply to

Re: My new beovision 3

Which model do you have? If it is the 32", there is one digital input matched to the AV socket and another to the V.Tape socket.

If  you look at the back of the BV3, there should be a duck egg blue sticker which will have the options fitted listed - AR means anti reflex screen fitted.

If you find moving images not so great, you can turn off the Film Mode in the service menu. 

• 02-23-2008 1:51 PM In reply to

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

I looked behind the set and found a sticker, it says 'Acc' but nothing is listed after it, the dealer i bought it from stated it had anti reflex screen but i wanted to double check, is there any other way of telling?

I found two input sockets on the back of the set, i presume these are the ones that you mentioned, which means that i have to obtain a digital optical out to analogue wire?

Sorry for being ignorant but how do i get into the service menu and where would the film mode be listed?

Really sorry about all the questions Peter.

• 02-23-2008 2:10 PM In reply to

Is it a 28 or 32" model? The inputs are the digital inputs.You will need the converter. How many speaker outlets does it have?
  • 02-23-2008 2:21 PM In reply to

Hi Peter,

It is a 32" model. It has a DSS module with connections for 2x front, 2x rear and subwoofer.

• 02-23-2008 2:57 PM In reply to

Actually I am wrong - AR is not on the back - just looked at my Avant which has STB, DS and PIP.
  • 02-23-2008 6:04 PM In reply to

Hey Peter,

Thank you for taking time out and checking the back of your set to confirm that it does not appear on the label, thats very nice of you and appreciated.

• 02-24-2008 11:00 AM In reply to

Hello again Peter,

I've noticed since your last post that when i watch sky the menu bar that appears at the bottom of the screen as you change channel, appears a bit shaky (sorry that i can't articulate it any better), the image is pretty static on my avant dvd, is there any reason for this? Or a setting i have forgotten to adjust?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)