in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-06-2007 3:44 PM by pedrompinto. 45 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (46 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-29-2007 12:05 PM In reply to

Re: Favourite song on favourite B&O system?

j0hnbarker:

It's good to see that there are others keeping the indie flag flying out there

Also have the best of the roses!

Indie music is something I have come back to a lot lately, still sounds as good!

• 04-29-2007 12:22 PM In reply to

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Craig:
    Craig:

If am showing my B&O to visitors I usually put on We Come One by Faithless.

CraigBig Smile 

Forgot to mention, my system is a BS3000 masterlinked to a BV3-32. Speakers are those of the BV3, no external speakers at the moment. Although my dealer did phone me last week to offer me some Beolab1's. Lack of funds at presentSadso had to pass.

CraigBig Smile

Have a listen to Penta's with your 3000 before you look at BL1's cos it will cost you the price of a lab 2 aswell if you dont

Cheers Graeme
  • 04-29-2007 12:36 PM In reply to

• Fil
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 90
    • Founder

Bs 7000 , Penta III 's  (sometimes on speaker 4 with BL4000's)

John Lee Hooker - Boom Boom Boom - Live

• 04-29-2007 2:00 PM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

As I'm typing, "Bachelorette" by Björk on BL3 + BL2 at insane volume... Is Volume 73 that high anyway? Laughing

Philippe

• 04-29-2007 2:56 PM In reply to

• beodim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 130
    • Founder

"Blue Monday" by New Order on BS4+BL8000+BL2.

BV7-40, BC6-26, DVD2, BCordV8000, BS4, BS2, BS Ouverture, BC9500, BM8000, BCord9000, BL8000, BL6000, BL2, BL3, BVox4500, BCom6000, Beomedia1, BCom5, Serenata

• 04-29-2007 3:35 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

philippe:

As I'm typing, "Bachelorette" by Björk on BL3 + BL2 at insane volume... Is Volume 73 that high anyway? Laughing

Philippe

ask your neighbours! Stick out tongue

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-29-2007 3:39 PM In reply to

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Agree with blue monday, she sells sanctuary, 2 tracks that cant be played loud enoughCool

A track I have been playing a lot over the past week "ride across the river" Dire Straits (from Brothers in arms album) on BC9000 with Penta III's and from my pc @320kbps through a BM6000 driving RL6000, both are amazing, you really must try it, Its an amazing demo song. Its an album I havent listened to for years cos I thought I had sickined myself of it............how wrong I wasBig Smile

Cheers Graeme
  • 04-29-2007 8:07 PM In reply to

Totally agree with this - anything by New Order is good. Been listening to the album 'Republic' tonight and it's great! 'Regret's' recycled Joy Division riff is amazing!

What's the worst song on B&O equipment though??? Let me again put forward a vinyl 7 inch single version of Gazza and Lindisfarne's 'Fog on the Tyne' played on a Beocenter 2000 through MC 35s! I should know as I bought one for curiosity a year or so ago, and it's truly terrible!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 04-30-2007 3:48 AM In reply to

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

j0hnbarker:
    Totally agree with this - anything by New Order is good. Been listening to the album 'Republic' tonight and it's great! 'Regret's' recycled Joy Division riff is amazing!

What's the worst song on B&O equipment though??? Let me again put forward a vinyl 7 inch single version of Gazza and Lindisfarne's 'Fog on the Tyne' played on a Beocenter 2000 through MC 35s! I should know as I bought one for curiosity a year or so ago, and it's truly terrible!

Bought one out of curiosityHuh? It cant be healthy having that level of curiosityStick out tongueLaughing

I was messing around with my stuff last week playing old records. I came across a picture disc single from the 80's called holy joe, by Haysi Fantayzee.......................it was really awfullIck! through my BG3000, BC9000, Penta III's and I hereby promise never to subject them to it againLaughing

Cheers Graeme
  • 04-30-2007 4:57 AM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

jk1002:
    >>The Doors 5.1 version from perception album. On a Beosound 9000, with BL3 at front and BL6000 at rear. A voice can't get any deeper than Jim Morrison's in that song<< 

Do you mean 5.1 Surround? How does this work with a BS9000? Or is it just stereo on 4 speaker?

This is remastered in 5.1 in audio-only DVD's. You need a 5.1 set up to really hear it as it is. It's actually a new recording with the surviving 3 members of the Doors, mixed with the original voice from Jim Morrison. It's in the new compilation "Perception" celebrating 40 years from the debut of the mithyc californian band.

Gustavo

• 04-30-2007 9:07 AM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

tom:
    philippe:

Philippe

ask your neighbours! Stick out tongue

Hey Tom! Well no reaction there was (I guess it wasn't that loud... Or maybe the neighbors were enjoying my B&O driven music! Stick out tongue)

Philippe

• 04-30-2007 10:22 AM In reply to

• andyp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Peak District, UK
    • Posts 57
    • Bronze Member

Yep, playing anything by New Order can only be good! Bought 'Heart & Soul' Joy Division box set this weekend so had that pumping out:

'Digital' by Joy Division, on a BS4 with BL5. Nice! 

• 04-30-2007 10:36 AM In reply to

London Calling - The Clash
  • 05-05-2007 6:44 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Sorry to be a boring old fart but when I show off my B&O to guests it's always
    Also Spracht Zarathustra (Theme from 2001 Space Oddissey (sorry about spelling)) on Beogram cd7000 Beomaster 7000 Penta 3s  vol 72.
    It used to scare the dog into the kitchen!

I was lucky enough to visit Frede in Veno near Struer last week and his demo will stick in my mind forever. Hotel California, Beolab 5000, Beovox 5000 and cubes. Awe inspiring!!!!!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-05-2007 9:57 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

jandyt:

I was lucky enough to visit Frede in Veno near Struer last week and his demo will stick in my mind forever. Hotel California, Beolab 5000, Beovox 5000 and cubes. Awe inspiring!!!!!

Andy T.

Is it safe to assume this was on vinyl or tape Andy?

Never heard this set up of BL5000 & BV5000/cubes but by all accounts it's quite some combi'. I know member casdave has this speaker set up so maybe I should hassle him into inviting me round for a cuppa one day soonBeer

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 05-05-2007 10:33 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Live performance of Gloomy Sunday, Bjork, on the BeoLab 5 - WONDERFUL.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-06-2007 2:22 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

philipsmz333:
    Live performance of Gloomy Sunday, Bjork, on the BeoLab 5 - WONDERFUL.

I love happy music too! Surprise

Most stuff from 'August & Everything After' by Counting Crows is pretty impressive on my system. Can take it all the way up to 78 (full blast) without distortion (apparently the sign of a poorly designed amp, but I'd say it's more that they've capped the volume level).

Weekly top artists:                   

• 05-06-2007 3:18 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Medogsfat:
    jandyt:

Andy T.

Is it safe to assume this was on vinyl or tape Andy?

Never heard this set up of BL5000 & BV5000/cubes but by all accounts it's quite some combi'. I know member casdave has this speaker set up so maybe I should hassle him into inviting me round for a cuppa one day soonBeer

Chris.

Funny you should ask that,Chris.
    No it was on CD and as I already have the vinyl I've spent the last three days trying to locate the same CD as frede was demonstrating. Incidently at Struer we were given a demo of the same song on DVD. It's a totaly different intro to the one I have on vinyl.
    I think it might have been a live farewell concert from Melbourne.
    I've ordered a set of two CDc and one DVD from a guy in Latvia on eBay so when (and if) it comes I'll let you know .

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-06-2007 3:29 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

BTW Chris, this is the combination he used. NOT Beolab 5000 actives but Beolab 5000 amplifier.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-06-2007 3:42 PM In reply to

jandyt:

BTW Chris, this is the combination he used. NOT Beolab 5000 actives but Beolab 5000 amplifier.

Andy T.

I can attest to the depth of sound in Frede's listening room, Andy. He was kind enough to play the same CD for me, when I was there. Wonderful soundstage. I loved the way his Beovox 2500 were mounted on the wall, above the Beovox 5000 "boxes". I think he's spent some time going over the drivers and capacitors on those speakers ...

Also brought a CD of my own, with Tord Gustavsen's Trio. Music I knew well - sounded excellent. (So excellent that I've begun thinking about getting a set of those speakers, in spite of initially thinking I wouldn't).

I'm lucky enough to have a Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 sitting in my living room, totally refurbished by Frede. They've been playing Tord Gustavsen's latest - Being There - just about non-stop!

• 05-06-2007 3:44 PM In reply to

Sunday afternoon groups:

- Au Revoir Simone

- Ladytron

Does anyone fancy this ? 

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

Page 2 of 2 (46 items) < Previous 1 2