in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-30-2007 3:08 PM by DrDimitris. 49 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (50 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-22-2007 2:37 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Re: Prize Draw

Have you considered upgrading to Gold membership? the prize draw entry would then be automatic.

The more Gold members the better the prizes will be.

Please support the site if possible.

• 06-22-2007 8:51 PM In reply to

Dear All:  

The site provides a service to many of us who enjoy the products.  The dealers, unfortunately, not all provide excellent or good service.  The group of users, specially gold members, make up some of the differences. 

This site also teaches about all of the extra stuff the B&O stuff can do.  

The monthly price drawing are a nice carrot.  It is a way to support the site.  My plan is too renew next year...

dario 
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
  • 06-23-2007 9:15 AM In reply to

Guys, a week tonight and we have the second round! Who's ready to party? Drinks Cool

• 06-23-2007 9:53 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

P9000:
    How do you enter the drawing if you are bronze?

As alreadt stated, gold membership gives automatic entry for every monthly draw as long as your membership is valid. However it is also recognised that £30 membership isn't always an option for some people and as a bronze member you are valued just as highly as any other member of Beoworld. After all the forum exists to help ANYONE who has a problem or comment to make regarding this wonderful brand.

To answer your original question - you can enter the draw by providing your name, address & email address by registered post - the details are here

I ought to point out though that this would probably cost as much or even more per month to do than actually signing up for gold membership.Big Smile and you don't get the level of access to all the user & service manuals and other benefits on site.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 06-23-2007 1:25 PM In reply to

Chris check mated that one!
  • 06-23-2007 2:40 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Can't wait, Henry!
    Even if I win nowt, it's still a great entertaining evenimg.
    And now the nights are closing in, we need something.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-23-2007 3:29 PM In reply to

jandyt:

Can't wait, Henry!
    Even if I win nowt, it's still a great entertaining evenimg.
    And now the nights are closing in, we need something.

Andy T.

Fingers crossed my friend!

• 06-23-2007 3:42 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Henry:

Laughing

Not my intention Henry, merely pointing out the economics and benefits of gold membership.Big Smile

I have to add that if the next prize draw night is half as exciting as the last one then £30 is well worth it for the entertainment value alone. It certainly beats sitting there flicking through 700 satellite channels trying to find something worth watchingTongue Tied

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 06-23-2007 4:00 PM In reply to

You're right Chris. It's great fun LIVE. But very few of the winners were online last time!

If I were online and won the BS4 my post would probably have looked something like this:

sdfasdf asfu;o2jnbsdf AAAAAAAA dfnsdfsdfsf gooooo leeeeee hoooo leeeeee JUMBO im lovin it sdfasdfaa sdfsdf HmmCoolDogSmile toot toot.

• 06-24-2007 3:46 AM In reply to

I'm still not a Gold Member so will I not be included in the prize draw Henry?

Rgrds,
    Shun

• 06-24-2007 3:59 AM In reply to

If you signed up at the polo, I see no reason why you are not gold. I take it that you won the Gold membership - or paid at the time? I'll send a message to Lee!Laughing
  • 06-24-2007 4:45 AM In reply to

Thank you kindly Peter. The prizes this month look fantastic!
  • 06-24-2007 4:54 AM In reply to

I can't guarantee you will win though! Laughing
  • 06-24-2007 6:58 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

nastynip:

I'm still not a Gold Member so will I not be included in the prize draw Henry?

Rgrds,
    Shun

Hi Shun

You will be upgraded tonight. Sorry - i've been snowed under!

Lee

Big Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-24-2007 7:03 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

9 LEE:

Sorry - i've been snowed under!

Snow! Its flooding thats the problem up here.

Big Smile 

• 06-24-2007 10:47 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Clearing space for the White Beosystem ready for when I win.LaughingLaughingLaughing

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 06-26-2007 4:22 PM In reply to

• P9000
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-22-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Henry:

Not really. 

There is no address listed on that page.  The page is vague, that's why I have the post.  Legal issues aside, I would be more encouraged to spend the extra money for a gold membership if I knew this site took care of all people in any class of membership.

Regards. 

p.s. If postage costs me over $5 a month to send a postcard in for the prize drawing, I will consider the Gold membership.

• 06-26-2007 4:43 PM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Recklinghausen, Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

Beoworld takes care of all members, equal if your bronze, silver or gold member !

Last year, when the old site was up, I was registered as a simple member, with no access to the c.c. and no special privileges, but I got so much help from the site I never got from any site before. This year I decided to sign up as a gold member, because I wanted it all. I want to support the site, because I think, what Lee and the others around Beoworld do here is extremely good work. This simply is a very nice place to talk with others about why we are here: Bang & Olufsen - and everything that has to do with B&O. This is much more better than hanging around on the couch drinking beer and watching TV - where do you get so much fun for only 44€ a year.

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

• 06-26-2007 4:50 PM In reply to

I think this site does take care of all classes of member! Go ask a question on the official site and see how quickly you get a useful answer. If you mean that all members should automatically go into a draw for free B&O, where do you think the money comes from? This site gets no sponsorship from B&O and it is only by the efforts of Lee and others that it is up and running. A huge amount of time goes into running this site - all unpaid. I spend many evenings scanning manuals and catalogues as well as editing and adding entries to the free data files. I thoink this is excellent service to all members. Can you think of any negatives?
  • 06-26-2007 4:53 PM In reply to

P9000:

Henry:

Not really. 

There is no address listed on that page.  The page is vague, that's why I have the post.  Legal issues aside, I would be more encouraged to spend the extra money for a gold membership if I knew this site took care of all people in any class of membership.

Regards. 

p.s. If postage costs me over $5 a month to send a postcard in for the prize drawing, I will consider the Gold membership.

I'm confused by this comment, I'm yet to hear any member, Gold, Silver, Bronze or otherwise say they are not taken care of. Yes, there is alot of encouragement to "Go for Gold" at present, but that is simply because people want to secure the future of the site. Without recouping the money Lee has outlayed, we run the risk of not having a Beoworld of any description in the future. There would, therefore, be no people to take care of at all!

If you don't want to become a Gold member no-one will hold it against you, and you will - i'm sure over time, when the huge benefits of the site become clearer - upgrade anyway.

Cheers Smile

Joachim
  • 06-26-2007 5:16 PM In reply to

• P9000
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-22-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

If the new site/program is as great as everyone says, then I'm sure the address or details of where to mail in an entry form will very rapidly appear on the official contest page or on this thread.

Of course, if I was a gold member or founding member, I wouldn't exactly want the free means of entering these contests to appear very prominently either ;). 

Regards.

p.s. I've contributed a 3D 'possible proposed design' rendering in the past -- support of this site doesn't have to just be financial.

p.p.s. Although this site does need to bring in money to float, perhaps a contest isn't the best means of getting people to sign up.  There are legal issues here in the U.S. for having contests but not having a free means to enter said contest.

• 06-26-2007 5:30 PM In reply to

I suggest you contact Lee directly and I am sure he will be happy to supply all the information you require.
  • 06-26-2007 5:38 PM In reply to

• van
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-19-2006
    • Brighton, UK
    • Posts 663
    • Gold Member

Hi

Information on prize draw rules & regulations and advise on entry via post is available within the PRIZE DRAW section under "prize draw rules & regulations"

The address for BeoWorld can be obtained from the "contact page

I hope this helps 

• 06-30-2007 11:58 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Good luck me, oh and everybody else.
  • 06-30-2007 3:08 PM In reply to