in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-07-2008 2:20 PM by saf. 56 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2008 12:47 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Your thoughts please!

No moderator would ever censor a post to avoid upsetting Bang & Olufsen unless it was either offensive, or gave confidential information that could be damaging to the company.

Neither of these happen on BeoWorld, and the worst we have on here are what i would term 'startlingly accurate rumours' Laughing

The moderating team on here prefers the 'hands off' approach, and most of the time we work behind the scenes to make sure everything goes smoothly. Ever double-posted and noticed it miraculously disappeared? Yes, that's us lot - beavering away in the background, not bothering anyone. That's the way we prefer it !!

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 02-07-2008 12:54 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

saf:

Funny you mention this guys (ie the two distinct groups, ala Porsche clubs). I for one have been actually surprised: I’ve always had an impression that the member’s disposable incomes (or any stereotype socio-demographics for that matter) were definitely not being in the forefront on the Forum. If I noticed any differences between members it has been more like, eg:

a group of very B&O-knowledgeable people (where I do not belong)

a group of  people chasing the latest thing (where I do not belong)

a group of great collectors (where I do not belong),

a group of  sound & vision experts (where I do not belong),

a group of  fantastic linguists (where I do not belong)

a group of people you can’t outwit (where I do not belong)

a group of people who always behave (where I do not belong)

a group of people … etc. etc.

Somehow I feel great here though I apparently do not belong … I guess the greatest thing (up to a point) is to be tolerated by others. It gives a lot of inspiration to become more tolerant and listen to others – and I’m still learning. Personally, if this lesson is served as a kind of self-regulating mix of B&O, other subjects and fun – as it seems to me it indeed is - I guess it’s not so bad at all(, Lee.)

If you ever feel like you need to be alienated any further please let me know  - I'm here to help anyone I canBig Smile

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 02-07-2008 1:09 PM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Thanks, Puncher! Big Smile

Maybe I went a bit overboard?!

(I came to think if it's not because both of my parents were teachers ... Laughing )

• 02-07-2008 1:30 PM In reply to

h1npw:

I think the last 2 posts are very relevant............as John says, without wanting to promote an us and them site, I think there are 2 distinct types of interest that visit the site and it would be worthwhile considering catering for the 2 groups in a more distinct and even way than at present.

With regards to Eduards views - for the site to be successful it will have to look to continually improve and keep "raising the bar". The moderators should indeed be focused on the KPIs regarding member numbers and general activity levels. At the same time Lee has to strike a very very careful balance of marketing and self (meaning the moderating team) congratulatory posts not to turn members off and for the site not to become too commercial. I think the idea of a seperate KPI page is also worth considering.

With regards to the independancy of the site I can't agree with Ed's view of   "that if they give Beoworld moderators team a lot of information, the moderator team can never be independent. They have to say thank you and that's it". 

Thay may have to say thank you - doesn't mean that the moderators or the members have to agree!!!  I think recent posts have demonstrated that beyond doubt.

You're keeping very quiet Peter - What are your thoughts?

Cheers

Nigel   

I beg the indulgence of the members. I am very quiet simply because I am not around nearly as much! I no longer have any access during the day and I missed this morning as my internet access at home went down! Also out this evening so not back till late!

I try to be friendly with B&O but I don't agree with everything they do. I certainly have criticised many of the new products - the DVD2 and BS6 are certainly deserving of criticism. However I try to be constructive. I am not sure why Ed was so concerned about figures - in fact only Lee and I had access to the site figures in full through another part of the site - I must confess to not looking that often except when I needed a tie breaker for the competition.

I think I can speak for all the moderating team in saying that we will continue to try to keep this site as good as we can and to be as unobtrusive in our moderating as it is possible to be. 

• 02-07-2008 1:48 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

saf:

May I add..

a group of people who are friendly, love their B&O and are a pleasure to hear from (where you definately DO belong, Saf)

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-07-2008 2:20 PM In reply to

Jandyt:
    saf:

May I add..

a group of people who are friendly, love their B&O and are a pleasure to hear from (where you definately DO belong, Saf)

Andy T.

All good - but let's not meander away from the purpose of this thread, and that is to address Ed's concerns and perhaps have the opportunity to suggest possible improvements to the site. I've noticed that whenever we have been directly asked about the site, the thread tends to end up more with the mutual exchange of pleasantries, rather than a good old-fashioned debate about what's good and what's not. Clearly we're all friends, but let's get back to the point, eh? 

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 02-07-2008 2:20 PM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Ok, Andy (the gun is safely back at the drawer of my bedside table)

Big Smile

Page 3 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3