in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-07-2008 2:20 PM by saf. 56 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (57 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-04-2008 7:12 AM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Your thoughts please!

Dear BeoWorld Members!

It is with sadness that i inform you that Eduard, our Dutch speaking moderator has decided to leave the moderating team here on BeoWorld. Although i feel it is more of a personal issue that has nothing to do with BeoWorld, i completely respect his decisions and would like to highlight some of the statements he gave as reason for his leaving which i think are open for discussion with all BeoWorld Members. After all, if we do not discuss what could be potential problems, or say what some people may be thinking - the site will stagnate and not move forward. This is not our aim, and i am happy to give answers on what i am able to..

I will highlight the points Eduard made -

* BeoWorld only cares about numbers and statistics

* We only care about what Bang & Olufsen think, and are not acting as an independent site

* PrizeDrawBot has a villa in Monaco, and spraying a BeoLab 2 Lamborghini White is too "bling bling" - this is BeoWorld now..

* The Prize Draw is draining funds too much, and is not working. This could finish the site.

These are all actual statements made by Eduard, and ones i feel honour-bound to address - even if only to let everyone know how Eduard feels. I think this is fair?

Everyone likes to feel part of something successful, and this is what BeoWorld has been from the day it launched. I am so proud of the work everyone has put in - both members and moderators, and our success is not only measured by how the members feel - it can also be measured by the amount of people that stumble across the site and like it so much they go through the whole registration process and become members themselves.

I get great pleasure when i see around 20 new members a day joining our community, and it really makes me think we are doing something right. I also freely admit that typing in Bang & Olufsen into Google and seeing us at or near the top gives me a feeling that the content on here is relevant enough to B&O that we are recognised as an authority on the product (as a whole - i know nothing!)

I am proud of what we have achieved in 10 months, and i publically apologise if it comes across that i am obsessed with figures when telling us all how well we are doing. It is not meant this way.

* We only care about what Bang & Olufsen think, and are not acting as an independent site

I find it hard to agree with this, but will happily throw it open for debate. At the end of the day we are a fan-site, and coming online every day to slate Bang & Olufsen would beg the question "why own it then?"

Back to the main question though - Ed has implied that we may be afraid to speak our minds when criticising Bang & Olufsen, and are too frightened to say what we feel for fear of upsetting B&O. What do we think about this?  I will not add my personal thoughts on this as it's a pretty incisive question that i think you will all enjoy answering.

* PrizeDrawBot has a villa in Monaco, and spraying a BeoLab 2 Lamborghini White is too "bling bling" - this is BeoWorld now..

PrizeDrawBot is not available for comment at this time, but i will apologise for his residencies across the world on his behalf.  I will also apologise to all members for having a BeoLab 2 casing sprayed in Lamborghini White, it was never my intention to cause upset to any member. I will think long and hard before choosing any future colours.

As for BeoWorld being 'bling bling' - in fairness to Ed, it may mean something different in Dutch which i am told by him. It means that we care more about what is on the outside than the inside (of the site) - and once again, i will leave this open to discussion.

* The Prize Draw is draining funds too much, and is not working. This could finish the site.

Now, this is valid - and a fair and sensible point raised by Ed. I will explain my thoughts.

When setting up BeoWorld, i wanted the site to have dignity and to be self-sufficient. Personally, i got sick and tired of the previous site owners 'poor old me' tales, telling us the site was in danger of closing down, how he had no money, how expensive the site was to run, and how we needed to donate money just to keep the site online.

That is not my idea of how to run a website, and i promised myself BeoWorld would never ask or beg for money and charity from it's members to keep 'existing'. If BeoWorld was going to relaunch - bigger, better and brighter - it was going to stand on it's own feet and be proud. So, i took the plunge, took out a £25,000 loan - and thought of ways to make the site the best on the net.

So, the question was - how does BeoWorld pay for itself?  Okay, i thought - we have manuals, lot's that even B&O don't have on file, so we can offer a basic level of membership that allows access to them. This is the same as the old Connoisseurs Club. Fine, but what else beyond that? What can we do that is new, innovative and rewards members for joining and paying their hard-earned money?  The Prize Draw was my answer, and i thought it would be exciting, rewarding and would boost funds needed to run the site by encouraging people to join as Gold Members.

This people have done - almost 700 so far, which is only slightly behind target - and thankfully we have our Silver Members, plus of course our advertisers - and this is all donated of peoples own free will. No begging, no complaining.

Now - the question.. is BeoWorld losing money?  The answer - yes, a little. Is that honest enough?

However, i have been paying the shortfall without a single word to anyone for months now - and the shortfall amounts to the monthly loan payments for the initial development of the site. Once this is paid off in 2 years time, we will be totally free of debt and will be at the magical break-even i always wanted. For now, i will pay the loan payments without complaining - it was my choice to take the loan out.. I'm a grown up and it was my choice, nobody forced me to do it.

BeoWorld is safe, and always will be - and the promises made to members will be honoured - every month, without fail. There is no fear of BeoWorld 'going bust' - which is about as likely to happen as my sons pet goldfish becoming Prime Minister of the UK - (although i think 'Bart the Fish' would do a better job sometimes..)

So, i will leave Ed's points open to discussion - and will welcome all comments, positive or negative. Without debate, we will never move forward - and this is why i am happy to state what has been said without trying to hide anything or cover anything up. Once again, i would like to thank Ed for what he has done - and sincerely hope he can conduct himself with dignity and respect for BeoWorld if he chooses to stay on as a member here.

Over to you..

Lee 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 02-04-2008 7:27 AM In reply to

• zazouzt
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • near Strasbourg/France
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

Re: Your thoughts please!

Hi,

I don't agree with Eduard's points.

I come to this site every day with pleasure, to see if i can learn something new about B&O and his products.

Best Regards

Théo

• 02-04-2008 7:58 AM In reply to

• beodim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 130
    • Founder

Just want to comment regarding the Prize Draw draining funds. I hope that the majority of the gold members have not joined for the Prize Draw but rather to support this site. So if the prize draw hits the budget too much, then it should be abandoned or downsized and I don't think that the gold members will leave the site just because of that.

Another point: Has Eduard proposed any solutions or improvements to the issues he identified?

BV7-40, BC6-26, DVD2, BCordV8000, BS4, BS2, BS Ouverture, BC9500, BM8000, BCord9000, BL8000, BL6000, BL2, BL3, BVox4500, BCom6000, Beomedia1, BCom5, Serenata

• 02-04-2008 8:07 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

beodim:

Another point: Has Eduard proposed any solutions or improvements to the issues he identified?

No, i have only received these points as given to me. This is why i have highlighted the points he made to the members for discussion, and hopefully we can come up with any answers if we feel they are needed.  All i wish to do is be fair, open and honest with the reasons he gave for leaving.

Smile

• 02-04-2008 8:25 AM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

I think mr. Eduard has lost a bit of his faith in B&O... I mean B&O is becomming more different these days and they're searching for the wealthiest people instead of the normall design and a/v people with a bit more money to spent.

We still like B&O, but the group that really owns and wan't to own the newest products are becomming smaller and smaller Sad. For example, everybody has got a Avant, MX or a LX in the past, but nowadays 50% replaces those older screens for a smaller lcd because the bigger B&O's are to expensive these days. 10% of the other people wants a bigger screen and they don't care about the money so they buy a bv4 or 9. And at least there is a group of 40% that want a bigger screen, but they haven't got so much money to spent or they don't want to spent so much on a screen that isn't as good as a screen 1/4 of the same money. This group will buy a Pioneer or what else, and maybe later a Blu-ray player from the same brand etc. In the end B&O will loose those 40% and thats starting already (look a the closed stores in the last 2 years)....

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 02-04-2008 8:28 AM In reply to

• Boots
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-16-2008
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Hi Lee9,

I have only recently joined and at the moment I'm just a basic member so I am unable to comment on the points raised due to the little involvement I have had.

I found the site and it's features to be most informative and helpfull and it would appear that at the moment it is the only one of any real us available.

I do however have a couple of points, compared with some other sites/forums that I use on a regular basis I have found BeoWorld a bit difficulte / orquard to use.  Its use does not 'flow' as well as a lot of others and when reading posts of messages the writing can be distorted with either print being smaller in places or fading. Also  lines appear accross the writing making it unreadable.

I can vary where on the writing the problems occure by reloading the page and the errors move to a different section. 

The time setting/zoning is a bit confusing as the 'to day & yesterday' messages and the fact that the site clock appears to be so far from UK real time does not either.

I think that the site provides a good source of information on B&O products of all ages and the choice of membership level and prizes is a unique feature that appears to be poular amongst those who have a real interst in the products rather than using it as a' means to an end' type of reference place.

Hope that all the above is taken in the right spirit, and appologies if this was not the place to express those points mentioned.

All the best

Boots 

P.S. Sorry about typos, unable to find the spell checker. 

• 02-04-2008 8:38 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

Beobird:

I think mr. Eduard has lost a bit of his faith in B&O... I mean B&O is becomming more different these days and they're searching for the wealthiest people instead of the normall design and a/v people with a bit more money to spent.

My thoughts going to the same direction  BnO is going to produce only for the super super rich russians and arabs. In near future we can close Beoworld. :(

• 02-04-2008 9:16 AM In reply to

This is a suprise...

I for one disagree most with what Ed has said.. I do have "concerns" with the prizes that are on offer as they are considerable and I would imagine that the money could be better spent but thats just my opinion.. that said, its a fantastic opportunity to win some B&O for £30.. how many p1ss this away on a friday night at the local boozer?

Is Beoworld a yes man to B&O? hope not and the recent posts on the outage of a certain Mr T should reiterate this..  I consider myself to be quite outspoken and find the direction of B&O to be confusing at the moment.. and question this repeatdly as do others so that B&O is part of the future and not a blip in the past which could quite easily happen if not managed well.

What I will say is that there are people on the forum who are at best naive when it comes to running a site like this and think that the odd donation here and there will pay but that is simply not the case.  What began as a past time for someone has now become a huge global interest and the responibilty of making sure this continues has to be addressed.  I find it amazing when people question the membership costs as to me these are now essential for a site of this size to continue.  I lost count of the times Beoworld was down with the old owner and the fact that there was a considerable amount of money from members aswell as equipment which were donated to help keep Beoworld alive but nothing was ever seen from this money or were we told what happened to it.

For an enthusiast site to have a "relationship" with its interest is unique, I am a member of numerous fan based forums and all distance themselves with these communities so to critisise this again is beyond me as I feel this is a step in the right direction as both can learn from one another.  Its all and well to employ "yes men" which I feel to a certain degree is what was possibly going on in B&O.

Is BW just numbers and statistics? no but it does help to see how big BW has become.  I remember when the forum was in a notepad format and was relatively primitive compared to what it is today.  Numbers and stats are essential in understanding how you are performing and helps aid desicions on improving and growing what you already have. I cannot recall there being a flood of posts on these counts, maybe if these are "offending" some then maybe we have a KPi page on BW for those members who are interested? some basic counts on growth, hits size etc?? at least that way its official and there for all to see without it being "in your face" as Ed may believe?

Just to add, I think there will come a point where people may lose interest etc and this I feel is maybe where the content may begin....  I do not post as much as I have a lot going on in my life at the moment but always take time out to have a quick look and see whats going on.   BW is not about one person but about a global community. I for one would be saddened if all that has been put into BW has been lost because of what I can only amount to petulance or "toys thrown firmly out of the pram" type scenarios from members but that said this does not mean that we are not allowed to agree/disagree or question the direction taken by the mods etc.

For what its worth, I am inclined to agree with what Beobird has written....  and fear that this will become a brand for the uber rich.

• 02-04-2008 11:39 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Hi beoworlders!

Here are my thoughts about Ed's points 

I am very interested in the statistics of the site, because I want to know how Beoworld is doing, if it is progressing, getting new members etc. I think it is good for the site's health if it's members care about such things.

I can't really see the point here. Beoworld is an exchange platform for B&O-Fans, and every day you can find posts of people telling that they are not satisfied with a product or a service. I may not have looked "behind the curtains of Beoworld", but I have never felt like B&O would try to influence this site.

Beoworld is a site where people with similar interests meet. I don't care where they live, what color their speakers are, as long as I can have a good time here. 

This is up to Lee. He bought and built up the site, and as far as I know him, he has made his previews and knows what to do.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 02-04-2008 12:43 PM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

… I can sense a lot of emotions here young apprentice, Master Yoda said.

(Though perhaps worth of quoting, I bet he didn’t have any B&O, or Beo, himself - how could he? How could he have known, then?)

Surprise

• 02-04-2008 1:01 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Sometimes I feel I'm just not sensitive enough to own B&O gear. Smile

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 02-04-2008 1:05 PM In reply to

I'm not on board with Ed here. The site is addictive (I know, I've been trying to kick the habit, and it's apparently impossible.)

I did express some concern when the prize draws were first announced that these could prove a drain on resources, but that's not my call to make. I didn't sign up for Gold to win prizes, but to have access to all the manuals, etc. If scaling back on the prizes would make it possible to establish a nice working gallery for members (which I have read many would like to have) then that's worth considering ...

BeoLab 2 with Lamborghini Mother of Pearl White sounds exceptionally nice (depending upon the setting - but I have seen an Avant made up for Lee's daughter, and my daughter went all ga-ga for that one. This is the joy of owning second-hand equipment - we can either go for a full restoration, or for bespoke adaptation. I've seen BeoLab 8000s hanging upside down from a ceiling, I can live with Lamborghini coloured subs!)

ADDING: And if B&O feel OK about having artists decorate the BL5 for the magazine, then I guess we can rest easy here.

And I don't really see that the site is kow-towing or shilling for B&O. There's a lot of engaged and informed strong criticism here, that I'm certain is not always popular over in Struer - but that's how enthusiasts keep their brands on their toes. Porsche has similar relationships - with expressions of love and dismay - with many of their enthusiasts, and that's working.

Shouldn't the growing site stat's be a point of pride? It means the site is working, and pulling in new followers. And I really do think it has helped make the transition into the quirkiness of B&O a lot smoother for thousands. I often surf particular sites looking for a solution to a problem I've come across. I don't sign up as a member, but I do avail myself of the information listed - I'm certain that BW is delivering that service to a lot of people. Post a question over at the official site, and you're lucky to get an answer at all. Post it here, and you have an informed answer within minutes.

Sometimes the fun wears off, one goes elsewhere for a while just to take a breather. (And I am trying to cure myself of my BW addiction! Believe it or not ...)

• 02-04-2008 2:12 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

My thoughts (as requested) 

I must admit to being rather bemused by this whole turn of events. If Ed feels he needs to give up his Moderating role then thats obviously up to him - he needs to dispose of his free time as he sees fit.

Regarding the listed points, I can't say that I find BeoWorld to be obsessively numbers or statistics based (unless this crops up regularly at Moderators meetings) - the number of times I have read this type of info in the General forum can probably be counted on one hand, indeed the old site probably had more on screen stats than this one (although to be fair that may be a function of the host program).

As for pandering to B&O's feelings, I think they will be smarting slightly if they've been following recent threads regarding their TV range (among others). I have never found an overall bias toward the company although I would expect any criticism to be reasonably debated rather than a pointless rant without foundation (and I would expect such unfounded posts to be removed to maintain the high quality of the posted matter currently on-site).

Prizedrawbot IMO can live in whatever (cartoon) house he wishes and can paint his speakers skyblue pink with black polka dots if that floats his boat - personally I think they would look silly but then I won't need to look at them in my own living room. I see no problem with modifiying the colour of your own devices, B&O themselves offer stuff in a range of colours, a white BL2 isn't so outlandish after all they did make white Conas (perhaps if it was painted Skoda white instead it wouldn't sound so "bling bling"). In fairness I can see a slight difference in the current site compared to the old in that the old site probably had a higher percentage of posters who I would class as the "retro enthusiast" and conversation on the general forum may have been more "nuts and bolts" than it is now. I think this site has a higher percentage of early adopters than previously which can sometimes give a "look what I've just got" feel to the general forum however thats OK too, it tends to happen when new product are released and its good to hear reviews/tips/advise from other users, especially if your having problems. In terms of site content overall I think there is a very healthy mix of retro stuff, techy stuff and lifestyle stuff as well as the to-be-expected current product stuff. This is all held together in a slick, easy to navigate site - it is definitely not "all show and no content".

As for the prize draw - if it was necessary to drop the draw in order for the site to be successful then that would be OK by me, I certainly didn't join because of the raffle! For those than want access to all on site data without joining the draw, there are less expensive memberships available. One of the major features of this site is that it isn't plagued with adverts and pop-ups, that alone is worth the annual subscription to me.

In any case I think that it is rather obvious that the presence of the prize draw hasn't affected the quality, content or stability of the site.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 02-04-2008 2:19 PM In reply to

• Jumbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-21-2007
    • Posts 14
    • Founder

Hi Lee,

let me start by stating i am very happy with the new Beoworld and and don't think about what it costs to be a member but the value i get for my £30. If the 1st prize every month was a pen i would still renew my membership. 

Since we are in debate mode though i would be grateful if you could clarify one point for me regards the prize draw. My understanding is that subscriptions for membership pay for the prizes. A number of the prizes are supplied by Lifestyle AV. I would be grateful if could confirm if they are supplied on a net cost basis or if Lifestyle AV "sell "them to beoworld at a retail price.

Kind regards

Sean

• 02-04-2008 2:29 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Hi Sean

Prizes 'donated' by LifeStyle AV are given to BeoWorld for free, and prizes 'supplied' to BeoWorld are sold at exactly the same price as LifeStyle AV pays for them. 

This is done in order to help BeoWorld survive, and i am in a very fortunate position to be able to do this by obviously having access to plenty of pre-owned B&O products - both modern and vintage. Being 'in the thick of it' means i get the real rarities too from closed-down dealers etc, and i get great pleasure in sharing these with prize winners.

Lee

Smile 

• 02-04-2008 2:30 PM In reply to

I joined Beoworld as a gold member mainly to access the manuals.  I enjoy reading the various postings and occasionally post a comment.  I usually look at Beoworld at least once a day.

As for Bling, we could discuss that forever.  I have always considered B&O design as modernist in style.  However on the B&O site, products are featured sometimes in what I would consider bling decor.  This is probably their way of appealing to a wider audience. 

I would like to have my Beolab 2 sprayed in Porsche black but I can't find anyone in the US who I would trust to do it.  It would match my black Beolab 8000s.

I suppose that Lee's interview with Torben might be construed as caring about what B&O might think but look what happened to Torben. People at B&O might be afraid to talk to Lee again.  One thing I don't like about B&O is the lack of information about forthcoming products like the Beosound 5.  Since I am making decisions about a computer purchase, I would like to know the specifications of Beosound 5.  Teasing with a brief picture is not enough.  I am delaying the purchase of the new remote because I don't like the idea of going to the dealer when I need to make a change.  They of course charge for that service.

Maybe the larger problem is that we all know B&O is changing and none of us have any idea what the company will be like at the end of 2008 or sooner.  There is no denying that B&O is appealing to the wealthy on a global scale.  This is not really new. However it is only the Beovision panels that are really priced too high considering the other offerings in the market place. 

Thanks Eduard for your time and efforts as a moderator!

Bill 

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 02-04-2008 2:41 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Have to say I am very suprised on two counts. Firstly Ed stepping down as a Moderator so to speak. Secondly some of the comments made. This is the way I see it.

Well I think it is wonderful to see how the site grows from strength to strength. Look at what has been achieved in less than 12 Months, I for one enjoy reading the latest stats. After all the way I see it we all make up those stats and should be proud of the folowing this community has.

Does this mean Beoworld, it's Members or both? Now I though it was fantastic the B&O wanted to have closer ties with the site. When Lee met Mr T, I think it was fantastic thing for Beoworld. Just something else which hows well the new site is going. From a members point of view I think if we don't like a product then we say so.

What is the problem with PrizeDrwBot? Really cannot understand why that should be an issue. As for sparying a Beolab White, why not. Again cannot understand why that is an issue too. It has to look better then the Beolab 5's in the last catalogue.

Well I am 100% confident that Lee knows what he is doing here. So I have no worries about this myself. Others may disagree.

Well IMO I think we all have a website/community that we can all be proud to say we are a part of.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-04-2008 2:53 PM In reply to

• sveifors
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North of Norway
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

I have to say Lee, I don`t agree at all with Eduard.

I love the beoworld site and it is my home on the internet. When I am away i use my mobile and still reads this site, several times a day. If I am not happy with something or want some change I simply use my membership to write into this forum, and I am honestly mean that I am being heard.

Keep up the Good Work, I need it every day 

Sveifors Always look on the B & O side of life
  • 02-04-2008 3:48 PM In reply to

One thing... am I right in thinking that PDB is just simply "make believe" like the boogie man and *whispers quietly* Father Christmas?? and that PDB is all just a bit of FUN???

I always thought Bling was diamonds, gold, huge "cribs" and "waving rollies from side to side" and all that malarky.. not spraying a subwoofer "lamborghini" white.........................

I think Skoda also use the same paint and parts etc..... maybe we tone down and replace Lambo with Skoda??

Just a thought?

• 02-04-2008 3:49 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

mobeyone:

One thing... am I right in thinking that PDB is just simply "make believe" like the boogie man and *whispers quietly* Father Christmas?? and that PDB is all just a bit of FUN???

I always thought Bling was diamonds, gold, huge "cribs" and "waving rollies from side to side" and all that malarky.. not spraying a subwoofer "lamborghini" white.........................

I think Skoda also use the same paint and parts etc..... maybe we tone down and replace Lambo with Skoda??

Just a thought?

Have you been nicking my post?Big Smile

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 02-04-2008 3:57 PM In reply to

Puncher:

Good heavens no... Whistle

*he says reading the above again!!!!!!! but I may have been "influenced" by the said post... or maybe not..

One for the mods.. can we have a bling count or meter? like the old star count except we get a bigger dime for all the posts we rack up!!!!!!!

• 02-04-2008 4:10 PM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

You´ll both go into time out in a minute!Big SmileLaughing
  • 02-04-2008 4:20 PM In reply to

mobeyone:

Puncher:

Good heavens no... Whistle

*he says reading the above again!!!!!!! but I may have been "influenced" by the said post... or maybe not..

One for the mods.. can we have a bling count or meter? like the old star count except we get a bigger dime for all the posts we rack up!!!!!!!

I think "bling" should be an unacceptable word and automatically filtered out by the software!Laughing

Regards Graham

• 02-04-2008 4:50 PM In reply to

• Yendys
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 100
    • Founder

My thoughts on Ed’s comments is a little surprising, I  have been a member if not a very active poster of Beoworld’s web sites for some years.  Lee (and the moderators) have created a very user friendly, fun, informative and stable environment to visit and belong to, hence the constant growing number of members.

I too think the prizes are a little over the top and personally believe they could be stepped down a notch in value with impact to member numbers.  I joined like many above to have access to the huge repository of manuals.

There has been a constant flow of subjective threads with open and honest discussion about past, current and future products so I just don’t see how anyone could feel that isn’t anything but a true enthusiasts, totally independent site. 

I don’t feel the statistics and numbers (which are very important to anyone running and paying for a site like this) come over much very at all to a member.  (To Lees point this wasn’t the case at time with the previous sites.)

Also have similar concerns to what market B&O are aiming at as mentioned by Beobird.

BV10, AvantDVD, BS3000, BL8000, BL6000, BL4000, BL3500, BeoPorts, BC9300, BC7002, CX100s, C75s, Beo4s, BC6000s, LC2s, A9, A8s,

• 02-04-2008 4:57 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

9 LEE:

It was with great sadness that I heard about Ed's decision yesterday but I was not completely surprised.
    It is quite dificult for me to make comment here, as I love Ed like a brother, as I do Lee. Therefore I will keep this post to a minimum.

I don't think so Ed, Beoworld or Lee is delighted about the numbers and statistic, but not obsessive about them. I think I can remember about three times when Lee has given us the latest stats, and each time we have asked him to keep us up to date.

I'm sorry Ed, but that's poppycock! Look how we have all slagged off Beosound 6! Our posts have not been moderated for this. I think Struer appreciates the constructive critisism. Of course we care what B&O think, for heavens sake, we are all B&O fans!

This does not warrant a reply.

If Lee decides that his other business (Lifestyle AV) can contribute to Beoworld, then that's his buisness and not ours. If he announced that there were to be no more prize draws, I would still happily pay my £30 for the next 12 months.

Yes, B&O aims at the wealthier customer, and always has done. That doesn't mean Beoworld does. We do have some wealthy people on here but we also have some that are not so. I'm almost a pauper!  A large percentage of us will only ever have second life products but we will remain Beofans and therefore Beoworlders.

Having said all that, Ed, you have contributed so much to Beoworld, for which we are grateful and I sincerely hope you will continue as a member. "And if ever I should meet you by land or by sea, I will always remember your kindness to me

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 1 of 3 (57 items) 1 2 3 Next >