in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-23-2008 4:23 PM by Jandyt. 37 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-03-2008 3:21 PM

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Look what I got today!!

Sorry I've been a little quiet the past couple of days, but I've got a good excuse.Smile
    A while ago, I had posted on some thread or other how I would give an arm and a leg for a cetain item.
    One of our members, Casdave, had read the thread and told me he had this for sale, and was I interested.
    I told him that although I would love to be able to buy this from him, I was skint. "Oh and by the way, how much were you looking for?"
    When he answered, I couldn't refuse!!
    Today I went to collect.
    Here it is.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-03-2008 3:27 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Look what I got today!!

Very nice.Yes -  thumbs up Noticed there is a Beomaster 5000 on Ebay at the moment. Now you need Some Beovox 5000's to hook up to it.Wink

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-03-2008 3:50 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Andy, i am genuinely delighted for you. Big Smile

After seeing Andy's face after listening to these at Frede's house, i could see it was a mini-mission of his to acquire them.  Thank you so much to Casdave for making his ambition possible, and i can assure you that you have made one man very happy. Andy will treasure these, and this is testament to a BeoWorld members thoughtfulness that Casdave sold them to Andy at a price he could afford. 

Andy, i have a pair of average condition Beolab 5000's and some BeoVox 2500 Cubes you can borrow until you source some of your own - let me know if you would like them 'on loan'. Yes -  thumbs up

Lee

Smile 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 02-03-2008 4:15 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Now you can't have a Beolab 5000 amp and a Beomaster 5000 tuner without these!

Poor me, never win owt!

He hasn't finished his thread.....

He has the full set, including the reel to reel.

Heads on the tape recorder will need alignment, but it is a good 'un.

All I want to be sure of, is that everything works fine, the input levels had been adjusted to suit other sources I was running at the time, so these will have to be matched and balanced, but its an easy enough task.

• 02-03-2008 4:17 PM In reply to

• Beowulf
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Derbyshire
    • Posts 143
    • Bronze Member

Congratulations Andy! The system looks great and what a kind and generous offer Lee.Big Smile

Kind reards

Dave 

Beowulf

• 02-03-2008 4:18 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

How generous Lee! I jave just been on the phone for a while so should have posted my cubes ages ago.
    Now, the Beolab 2500 cubes are a bit useless without these!!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-03-2008 4:20 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

And for good measure, we need one of these!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-03-2008 4:27 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

A huge thank you to you Casdave!Big Smile
    As Lee pointed out, I am one of the happiest men, I have wanted this setup since Frede demonstrated his to us when we visited his home in Denmark.
    I will be having a good play with it tomorrow and will keep you all informed.
    They will not be arranged like this picture, before you all start on me!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-03-2008 4:37 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Your new setup really looks very good. I am sure it sounds even better. Enjoy it!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 02-03-2008 4:46 PM In reply to

• classic
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Venø - Struer / Denmark
    • Posts 224
    • Founder

Hi Andy,

I would like to congratulate you as well. Now you can start to enjoy the real classic sound of Beolab 5000. I think the offer from Lee is very good for you. It is really the true Beolab sound by using the correct speakers designed for the Beolab.

By studying the pictures, it looks like the products are in real good conditions too ?

Setting up the system, please remember the unike Beolab 5000 feature - you can adjust the level on all inputs, which give you high listening pleasure by switching source. Do you have the user manuals for the system?

/Frede

Beolab 5000 -  "If another amplifier sounds different then it needs repair!"

• 02-03-2008 4:50 PM In reply to

Congratulations - and full honours to Casdave who keeps his classic B&O in such excellent condition.

I am listening to an FM live transmission on mine right now, and know just how pleased you're going to be! 

• 02-03-2008 5:03 PM In reply to

That's just wonderful. Congratulations, Andy! Yes -  thumbs up

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 02-03-2008 5:39 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Thankyou all for sharing in my good fortune.
    Frede, I have just downloaded the user and service manuals and am enjoying reading the content of your website http://www.Beolab.dk/ 
    I will have a bit more time over the next week to increase my knowledge of this wonderful set up.
    Overall, the 7 items are in fairly good condition and Peter has one or two parts he his happy to let me have (bless him) eg 'volume' button has worn text, and numbers worn from the tuner scale. Just cosmetic.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-03-2008 5:44 PM In reply to

Wonderful system! We have a little project on the go on Beoworld about this system which will hopefully come to fruition in the not too distant future. I wonder how many of us have this system.

The only thing Andy is lacking now is the Beogram! These are a little less common. Mine will soon be winging its way to Frede at Classic Audio in Struer along with the rest of the Beolab 5000 system.  

• 02-03-2008 5:53 PM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

You jammy dodger!!

Seriously many congratulations...... will you all be holidaying in Streuer this summerCool 

• 02-03-2008 6:02 PM In reply to

looks really great andy, im really pleased for you, couldnt have happened to a nicer guy Party!!!

jay

jason

• 02-03-2008 6:35 PM In reply to

Hearty congratulations, one of the all-time classic B&O setups. I hope it gives you many years of pleasure!

Simon 

• 02-13-2008 11:00 AM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

How much do these "normally" go for?

I'm bidding on a set on ebay at the moment but I've no idea what a fair price would be.

Cheers

Nigel 

• 02-13-2008 11:23 AM In reply to

h1npw:

How much do these "normally" go for?

I'm bidding on a set on ebay at the moment but I've no idea what a fair price would be.

Cheers

Nigel 

Depends how far you drive it up in advance Nigel! Steady on the old bid button a week in advance and they might be cheaper in the long run!

I've been after this pairing for a couple of years now. They rarely appear on eBay together in the UK in good cosmetic condition. I say good cosmetic condition because after 40 years it is very likely that they will need servicing to bring them back up to spec. To give you an indication I saw a MINT pair in teak, boxed, somewhere near you in Nottingham about 18mths ago on eBay. EACH ONE went for about £350. The seller also had some mint Beovox 5000s in teak, and these too went for around £100 to the same buyer I seem to recall. You might also want to consider what Frede at Classic Audio charges for a reconditioned Beomaster/Beolab 5000 setup. Hours of work and lots of new parts go into each unit, and when I enquired at the end of last year I think the cost Frede quoted me just for the Beomaster/Beolab was 15,500 Danisk Krone = approx £1500. I suppose it depends on what you want them for. Soundproof uses his regularly and speaks very highly of Frede's work in an old post somewhere on this forum.

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 02-13-2008 11:37 AM In reply to

I think you may  be helped by the fact that the ones you are bidding for do not mention Beolab 5000 at all in the header so this may keep bidding down.

The last time I noticed this pairing on Ebay in similar condition they were sold in separate auctions but by the same seller at the same time and went for around £100 each. If they are fully working and in good nick anything under £200 the pair would be a very good price, but they can and do go for more.

Simon

• 02-13-2008 11:37 AM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

Indeed - not my usual bidding strategy - just got a bit excited when I saw them, and then what do you know? Another pair comes along!

Mmm.... some scarey numbers there John....you've really gone and depressed me now [:'(]

I suppose I'll know the answer to my question when the bidding stops! Laughing

Cheers

Nigel

• 02-13-2008 11:43 AM In reply to

h1npw:

Indeed - not my usual bidding strategy - just got a bit excited when I saw them, and then what do you know? Another pair comes along!

Mmm.... some scarey numbers there John....you've really gone and depressed me now [:'(]

I suppose I'll know the answer to my question when the bidding stops! Laughing

Cheers

Nigel

To be fair though, this listing isn't as polished as the £700 one, and these aren't boxed. Hope you get a bargain :)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 02-13-2008 11:45 AM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

Simon

Both pairs I can see have got Beolab in the header... Is there another set? What's the item number you're refering to?

Cheers

Nigel

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next >