in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-23-2008 4:23 PM by Jandyt. 37 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-13-2008 12:58 PM In reply to

Re: Look what I got today!!

Frede is restoring my system. If you get the best B&O system, you need the best restorer!
  • 02-13-2008 1:00 PM In reply to

The ones you were the high bidder on! Stick out tongue

They didn't mention the 5000 bit in the header when I last looked which is the bit that makes them special, the Beolab 1700 turns  up  quite a lot and is a decent little unit (I have one) but not in the same league as the 5000 which is much harder to find.

Simon 

• 02-13-2008 3:10 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Peter :
    Frede is restoring my system. If you get the best B&O system, you need the best restorer!

At some point this year Frede will be getting my Beomaster 1000 to work his magic on. When I e-mailed him for a quote I had just change my e-mail address. Accidently gave him my old one, so when he could not send a reply he took the time to phone me. How nice was that?

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-13-2008 3:29 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

An absolutely lovely bloke. He gave a lot of time to me, Ed and Lee when we visited him. Cracked open a bottle of wine for us too!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-13-2008 4:30 PM In reply to

3 cubes? Does mangled mean the same in Danish as English! Laughing
  • 02-13-2008 4:52 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Peter :
    3 cubes? Does mangled mean the same in Danish as English! Laughing

Looking at the picture I would have to say yes.LaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-13-2008 4:55 PM In reply to

Beovox 5000 og Cube Beovox 2500. Højtaler fra Bang & Olufsen :
    - 2 Beovox 5000 i teak kabinet på forchromede stålben. Fremstår med maler pletter og brugsspor - Virker ifølge rekvirenten.
    - 3 Cube Beovox 2500 - Diskant spreder. Fremstår med brugsspor - 2 m. flere huller på membraner. En virker ifølge rekvirent. Flere topdæksler mangler. Eftersyn tilrådes. (5)

Translated to English:

Beovox 5000 and Cube Beovox 2500. Speakers from Bang & Olufsen:

- 2 Beovox 5000 teak cabinet with chrome steel legs. Apears with paint spots and signs of use. Works acording to the claiment.

-3 Cube Beovox 2500 - Treble units. Apears with signs of use - 2 with several holes on the membranes. One works acording to claiment. Several covers are missing. An overhaul is advisable.

• 02-17-2008 3:13 PM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

I've joined the club!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bang-Olufsen-Beolab-5000-amp-Tuner_W0QQitemZ110223427570QQihZ001QQcategoryZ86805QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Chuffed to bits. Hope they're as good cosmetically as the seller says they are. Will let you know

Cheers

Nigel 

• 02-17-2008 3:23 PM In reply to

I had seen you watching those - lovely bit of rosewood! That would seem a reasonable price for a good pair. You will be after the rest of the system then! Laughing
  • 02-17-2008 4:47 PM In reply to

h1npw:

I've joined the club!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bang-Olufsen-Beolab-5000-amp-Tuner_W0QQitemZ110223427570QQihZ001QQcategoryZ86805QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Chuffed to bits. Hope they're as good cosmetically as the seller says they are. Will let you know

Cheers

Nigel 

Well done Nigel! I hope I too can join the club one day. Shelled out on a B&O poster on eBay tonight, so must save some dosh up first! 

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 02-18-2008 2:25 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Well done Nigel!
    You'll be on tenterhooks now, hoping they arrive safely.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-23-2008 4:23 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat this evening! Why?
    I have finnished restoring a Beogram 1102 that I got for about a fiver on eBay.
    I just plugged it into my Beolab 5000 amp,set the phono input to low and put on an LP.
    I chose Elton John's 'Funeral for a friend' as it is a good track to test bass, treble and stereo seperation.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been busy today, I replaced the front plate on the Beomaster with one that Peter kindly sent me. Some of the lettering was worn off my own one. Quite pleased with myself as everything went smoothly. Unfortunately, I still have no stereo light on neither the master nor the Beolab. On the Beolab, it is probably the bulb. Peter sent me one but sadly it was a duffer.
    On the Beomaster, there must be some other problem as both the bulb in it and the one Peter sent are both fine but neither work.
    I have managed to get my signal on the guage up to 65, but to no avail. Can't afford an oscillascope yet!
    Next project is to modify a five pin din on my Beogram CD 7000 so I can plug it into Aux as the phono socket is occupied now and I am planning to plug my Beocord 2400 into the tape socket. 
    The only socket available will then be  Mic but sadly, it accepts far too low a current for my MP3 player.
    I wonder what I can use 'Line out' for?Hmm

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2