in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-23-2008 11:52 AM by ajames. 27 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2008 4:08 PM

B&O in White

Just wondered how many people will be interested in products offered in white by B&O? The BeoCom 2 and BeoCom 6000 phones will be available in white, as will the BeoVision 8 and the BeoSound 1. It wouldn't surprise me if B&O use the colour more often with other products too if this initial 'test period' proves lucrative. I must admit, I do love the BeoVision 8 in white and I can imagine the BeoCom 6000 would look good in white although I can't quite see the BeoCom 2 working so well. What do people think? Anyone about to order in white?

Simon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 01-15-2008 4:16 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: B&O in White

Hi Simon,

When did you find this info - ie. BeoCom 6000 in white?

I wouldn't mind a BV8 in white, as long as I could connect some BL3's in white, too. Snag is, they might look a bit daft on their silver stands.

• 01-15-2008 4:22 PM In reply to

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

I got the newsletter email from B&O today and it had an article on white equipment. Also saw a white BV8 in my dealer today, it was quite nice although they had it on a black video stand until a silver floor stand came in.
  • 01-15-2008 4:24 PM In reply to

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=249&nlid=106&TId=27255637890

And here's the link to an online version. 

• 01-15-2008 4:28 PM In reply to

At the B&O farm tour last year we had a tour through the aluminum factory.

Some members were extra anctious if/when B&O would produce Alu parts in white.

What I can remember was that WHITE color wasn't possible on ALU parts.

So I'll guess the alu parts must be painted white... 

• 01-15-2008 4:54 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

rsmyth:
    I got the newsletter email from B&O today and it had an article on white equipment. Also saw a white BV8 in my dealer today, it was quite nice although they had it on a black video stand until a silver floor stand came in.

Oh, I didn't receive this. A BV8-32 in white might be good as a second TV in the future. Like the white BeoCom 2.

• 01-15-2008 5:02 PM In reply to

When it comes to colours it's obviously personal preference and going to depend largely on how your home is currently furnished. For me, white is definitely going to work well in my flat since I have designed and furnished it in a minimalist style which is what I like. My flat is very open plan and white (and subtle shades of) throughout. I think this is an interesting step forward for B&O and one, I would suggest, that is going to turn out to be quite a good move. I will almost certainly buy a BV8 in white sometime soon for use as abedroom TV. I am just not ready for it yet as there are other things I want to do first.

Simon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 01-15-2008 8:20 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Generally, I like the B&O colours.

I have the BS 1 grill covers in Ice Blue and B&O Red, and both were scratched last year ( kids and guests can't stay away from it ).  Having seen the white cover, I've ordered one in White to contrast on a black granite countertop.

I do agree with you about the BC 6000. I have one from Germany in Mustard Yellow and think the white is a different story.

To each his own.

• 01-16-2008 3:14 AM In reply to

Does anyone know if it will be possible to swap the shell of an old Beocom 6000 to the new white?

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 01-16-2008 4:22 AM In reply to

Beocom 6000's are already available in White and also in Red, they were introduced in December and look really good.  I can't imagine that it will be too difficult to fit a new White or Red cover to an MKI Beocom 6000, even if it does need a little modification.
  • 01-16-2008 4:37 AM In reply to

Finally, B&O is back to white again. It looked really good back then on the Beosystem 5500/6500/7000 and the Beovision LX whiteline was always one of my favourites. Actually my parents still have one of those. When the Beovision 8 was introduced it took quite some time before I liked it. But in white it's the best looking TV they have to offer right now, in my humble opinion. I just wish it had better specs. I also would like a Beosound 1 and a Beocom 4 in white.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 01-16-2008 4:41 AM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Saw the com 6000 at the weekend in white at my dealers. It looks superb, can imagine it could get quite grubby though.

Jonnie

• 01-16-2008 5:06 AM In reply to

Again, this is down to personal preference but I think that white B&O things age much faster than those with cabinets that are "painted" standard colours - namely black or other darker colours. The MX range of TVs look particularly old in my opinion in comparison to their black counterparts.

I only hope that B&O do not introduce a walnut inspired colour scheme or reintroduce the wood paneling effect used in the late 80s and before!

• 01-16-2008 7:02 AM In reply to

The strange thing is I love the white stuff apart from the white MX. Actually my MX is black. Exception to the rule?

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 01-16-2008 7:20 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I'm really not sure how i feel about the white. I like it, but i would NEVER buy it.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-16-2008 8:39 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

And now,

What about a white HDR (like the old VX series), a white BeoLab3 (like the Red Line) and a white BeoSound 5 (like the old BeoSystem) !

All paired with a white BV8 !

Very classy !

May be one day...

• 01-16-2008 9:51 AM In reply to

eduard:

Hiort:
    Does anyone know if it will be possible to swap the shell of an old Beocom 6000 to the new white?

Yes it can and it is very easy to do, you can buy the front's at your dealer!!

Ed

the backs Ed the backs not the front ;-) 

• 01-16-2008 9:53 AM In reply to

At least B&O considers these changes and are willing to take a chance.  While "I" might not pick white for a phone, some would love it and thats great. I really like the white BS 1.

I wish they would do something with the BL-2 color choices.  The current greyish color matches nothing in the current loudspeaker line-up.  I am nearing the purchase of one of these beasts and have contemplated having it painted black or maybe blue like Peter has done.

I know the minute I buy one and go to the expense of having a good paint job done on it, B&O will decide to offer a color choice!Super Angry

Roger 

• 01-16-2008 1:39 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Really do like the look of the Beocom 2 in white. Been trying to get the WAF on one of these beauties for ages, not working though. If B&O do a Beocom 4 in white though no problem there. On the subject of white MX's I love mine. Think it looks fantastic in white IMO.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-16-2008 2:04 PM In reply to

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

I bought a white BC6000 in December. It looks great next to my Wii, but I admit I don't use it that much for fear of it getting dirty (I've heard newspaper print is especially bad). It is not a million miles away from the light grey - In bad light you can't tell the difference.

Ian 

• 01-16-2008 5:12 PM In reply to

If anyone wants a BeoCom 4 in white, I'm your man Yes -  thumbs up

I agree with Simon that a white BeoCom 2 might not look so great. However, if the white was given a metalic icey-white colour I think it would look fab! I really like the white BV8, but unfortunately I bought my black BV8 before there was any talk about a white one! I would quite fancy my Serene in white!

• 01-17-2008 6:47 AM In reply to

That's an interesting thought Henry. I can definitly see a white Serene working very well. Might even tempt me to buy one! I loved the white mobiles the minute they came out, and the some of the pink ones! Dare to be different, I love that philosophy and B&O does it better than most.

Simon.

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >