in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-26-2012 8:30 AM by Mr10Percent. 264 replies.
Page 10 of 11 (265 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-20-2011 9:58 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Re: What is your favorite watch?

Here is a Tissot V8 on top of my Chevrolet V8! Cool

This is where my love of leather banded watches comes from, it all started here. Amazing Cool

and another...

Evan

• 08-25-2011 9:40 AM In reply to

• Brendan
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-05-2011
    • Melbourne, Australia.
    • Posts 26
    • Gold Member

Love that Flighdeck. I want!

• 09-11-2011 1:09 PM In reply to

At the moment this one;

First one sold in Finland, one of the first world-wide.

Laughing

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 09-11-2011 3:15 PM In reply to

bayerische:

At the moment this one;

Laughing

216570 Smile Drool... What a great watch! Yes -  thumbs up If you want to get rid of this one, give me a call! Smile

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 09-11-2011 3:17 PM In reply to

Not exactly a watch but still a time keeping device. I love the simplicity of this one.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 09-11-2011 3:36 PM In reply to

beocool:
    Not exactly a watch but still a time keeping device. I love the simplicity of this one.

Great idea! Wouldn't work for me though, I would never be able to remember whether I had rolled it already or not Big Smile

-mika

• 09-12-2011 1:57 AM In reply to

beocool:

bayerische:

At the moment this one;

Laughing

216570 Smile Drool... What a great watch! Yes -  thumbs up If you want to get rid of this one, give me a call! Smile

Don't expect that call anytime soon! LaughingLaughing

That is an interesting "device". But I think I would have the same problem as Mika... Did I turn it or didn't I?

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 09-30-2011 2:25 PM In reply to

• Orry
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-27-2011
    • Toronto
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Just got this Nooka watch,

Based out of New York, the designer previously worked for Seiko then created his own line of incredibly original interpretations of how to represent time.

• 09-30-2011 9:19 PM In reply to

Orry:

Just got this Nooka watch,

Based out of New York, the designer previously worked for Seiko then created his own line of incredibly original interpretations of how to represent time.

That is neat !

I would not buy it for practical reasons (I would be certain to catch it on a door and wreck it) but it is certainly quite nice and it is great to see someone experimenting with a form that has been with us for centuaries !

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-23-2011 3:36 AM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

I've just bought this Sekonda very cheaply (£37 off ebay). I absolutely love it! I think the design is great. Large (38mm) face so even old duffers like me with deteriorating eyesight can see the time, and very lightweight too.
    Cheers
    Nigel 
  • 10-27-2011 12:47 PM In reply to

Not exactly a watch, but I like the idea. Smile

• 11-06-2011 4:33 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

fridsten:

Now I've got one. :)

I know, it's with the silver dial and jubilee bracelet, but right now it's getting serviced and the dial changed into a blue one.

I got it for my 40th birthday, and, as it happens, so did my dad 25 years ago. Big Smile

Of course, he bought himself a new Rolex... Stick out tongue

And yes, that's my arm.

Nice watch.  I've been very much looking at the date just 2.  Just should I also wait until my 40th.  The date just i like is green and gold. 

• 11-19-2011 11:27 AM In reply to

My wedding watch.

-Andreas

• 11-19-2011 12:33 PM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Nice choice Andreas Wink

Jonnie

• 11-19-2011 3:12 PM In reply to

bayerische:

My wedding watch.

Nice 5513 Yes -  thumbs up The wedding was awesome too, thank you for having me as a guest. Smile

• 11-22-2011 11:24 AM In reply to

Just waiting to fall into the temptation of one of these. Will only be a question of time.

• 11-26-2011 11:33 AM In reply to

My little collection... Panerai Luminor Marina logo, Heuer Montreal PVD Black, Seiko, B&O Wristwatch

• 12-10-2011 2:24 PM In reply to

Never seen this before. Not the easist way of displaying the time, but I quite like it.

• 12-10-2011 5:09 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

beocool:

Never seen this before. Not the easist way of displaying the time, but I quite like it.

That is absolutely amazing! I have a new favorite watch now!

Very cool. Cool

Evan

• 12-10-2011 11:29 PM In reply to

• mediabobny
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Greenwich Village, NYC
    • Posts 336
    • Founder

Stars:

Just waiting to fall into the temptation of one of these. Will only be a question of time.

I love my 1980's Admiral's Cup (as well as my Rolex of course).

• 12-11-2011 4:24 AM In reply to

• AT
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 187
    • Founder

Nice found! Real nice idea Smile A watch without hands Smile

IMHO the dial is a just a  little bit unusual, and I really prefer the AM/PM scale in it. I looked around this watch, and I found, that there are something like this called as "Harry Winston Opus X", however Opus X is far more expensive, and IMHO not so good looking as this. As far as I can see this watch is selling about $13.000 with a heavily modified ETA movement,  so it's an affordable watch against to the Opus X.

Just for fun, here is another very genuine ETA installation:  Epos 3391, which has one of the most common ETA3371 movement installed, but still looks competely different than any other ETA installations:

By the above, if somebody can find a reliable solution for this look:

Then please do not hesitate to share it with me :)

• 01-13-2012 7:14 AM In reply to

• PentaIII
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

One of my current weekend watches, Nautilus 5712.  To be fair not the most comfortable of watches to wear, but a nice semi complication Patek.

Patek Nautilus

• 01-14-2012 5:28 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Can anyone give advice on my next watch. I want something high quality but fairly subtle and understated(most people I work with have huge vulgar Breitlings). Give me time and i will contradict myself!

1st Choice and nothing to do with its name is the Rolex Air King. Simple, affordable and top quality. Something I could get up in the morning and smile to myself about.

2nd Choice the Ball Engineer 2 Arabic £1750. As above but with tritium which my current watch has and can be useful, and day date. The Rolex doesn't have this. COSC certified eta movement and about £1500 less!! 

http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/ball-watch-company-arabic-chronometer-watch-nm1022c-lcaj-sl-bl-1101

3rd Choice Fortis B-42 Pilot Proffesional. Actually 2 watches from same model. Simple day date with same movement as Ball but not COSC certified(standard quality) but £950.

http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/fortis-b-42-pilot-professional-day-date-watch-6451011-l-01-ft-028

The chronograph version with the eta 7750 movement at £2100.

http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/fortis-b-42-pilot-professional-chronograp-watch-6351011-l-08-ft-029

The Rolex has a great name and as long as that name has a long heritage of making the best, then to me that makes a difference. I like its simplicity .

The Ball in many ways a more useful watch and cheaper, with day date and tritium but fairly bland. I think I'd end up always thinking maybe I should have got the Rolex.

The Fortis are again more affordable and have a dedicated following, but I have my reservations about their use of baulk standard movements. They do little modifications. 

Over to you

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 01-15-2012 6:41 AM In reply to

Chris:

Can anyone give advice on my next watch. I want something high quality but fairly subtle and understated(most people I work with have huge vulgar Breitlings). Give me time and i will contradict myself!

1st Choice and nothing to do with its name is the Rolex Air King. Simple, affordable and top quality. Something I could get up in the morning and smile to myself about.

2nd Choice the Ball Engineer 2 Arabic £1750. As above but with tritium which my current watch has and can be useful, and day date. The Rolex doesn't have this. COSC certified eta movement and about £1500 less!! 

3rd Choice Fortis B-42 Pilot Proffesional. Actually 2 watches from same model. Simple day date with same movement as Ball but not COSC certified(standard quality) but £950. The chronograph version with the eta 7750 movement at £2100.

The Rolex has a great name and as long as that name has a long heritage of making the best, then to me that makes a difference. I like its simplicity .

The Ball in many ways a more useful watch and cheaper, with day date and tritium but fairly bland. I think I'd end up always thinking maybe I should have got the Rolex.

The Fortis are again more affordable and have a dedicated following, but I have my reservations about their use of baulk standard movements. They do little modifications. 

Over to you

The short answer is: get the Rolex!

• 01-17-2012 12:56 PM In reply to

• AT
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 187
    • Founder

From these opitons? Of course the Rolex. IMHO of course Smile

Page 10 of 11 (265 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next >