in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-26-2012 8:30 AM by Mr10Percent. 264 replies.
Page 4 of 11 (265 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-05-2009 7:43 AM In reply to

Re: What is your favorite watch?

Youre right Lee, £149,000 for a watch! Go for the Altin instead, its cheaper :)

• 05-09-2009 12:42 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

There is definitely something kind of cool about the tough as nails tactical watches from Kobold.  One of their features requested from SWAT teams and Special Op's was a bracelet that wouldn't open when scuffling hand to hand with bad guys.  That's definitely the watch I want when getting into fights at the local...  Or rather .. um...   wrestling with my five year old.

-Michael

• 06-02-2009 12:29 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Today, my wife offered me the IWC Aquatimer Automatic. I have been dreaming for a long time about it already! She's the best!!! Big Smile

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-16-2009 4:48 PM In reply to

Had this for a while..

RLXseadweller

Of all mechanical watches, my favourite.. though as it turns out I'd rather not have a lump of metal on my arm, and besides I can usually guess the time within a few minutes! Smile

• 06-17-2009 11:41 AM In reply to

Ulysse Nardin Repeater

Isn't it beautiful - I wish I could afford One.

ulysse Nardine circus minute repeater

I hear they are so rare - Ring tone, Reminds me of the B&O serene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWurkkh_U_A

• 06-18-2009 5:39 PM In reply to

DavidOd:

Ulysse Nardin Repeater

Isn't it beautiful - I wish I could afford One.

ulysse Nardine circus minute repeater

I hear they are so rare - Ring tone, Reminds me of the B&O serene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWurkkh_U_A

Errrr....you must be a real playa to want one of those bad boyz :P

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 06-22-2009 5:16 AM In reply to

Mechanical movement Trias retrograde watch. High quality swiss movement.

Flyback minute hand. Your brain is so used to the conventional analogue dial that the retrograde type makes you stop and think, especially when someone asks you the time- you simply can't reply instantly!

Sit opposite someone at a table and you can see that they spend half their time trying to figure out just what that thing is on your wrist!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 06-25-2009 5:44 PM In reply to

RODANIA Chronograph Thierry Boutsen

Though I have this one for over 10 - 15 years , I only started wearing it in the last 5 years. Still as accurate as the day I got it.

• 06-26-2009 12:03 PM In reply to

Hi Llewelyn.
  • 07-02-2009 11:39 AM In reply to

I have a Rolex Daytona gold ,a rolex submariner this was a 18 years old gift from my dad and it my favorite now im 41 years old so is a excellent investment also i have a Longines  classic from 1934 this was a gift from my MOM also like a 20 years ago  but now  I try to get a hublot bing bang red devil 

• 07-17-2009 4:36 AM In reply to

Not exactly a watch, but I would like to share this with you anyway. There will be a limited edition of this clock of 20 pieces. More information right here.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 07-17-2009 4:58 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Bricktop:

Sorry...but your Christmas bonus is a fake Seamaster worth around £50

Please expand on your assumption - i'm captivated!

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 07-21-2009 10:33 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Bell & Ross BR03-92 (military type) Love B&R (too rich for my blood though) Still wear a quartz Fossil from my college days. Sal
    Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 08-31-2009 7:52 AM In reply to

I have 3 different watches. 

Stylish, to wear to a party:

Functional, to wear into earth orbit:

Perfection, for landing on the moon Laughing :

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 08-31-2009 10:04 AM In reply to

Michael:

There is definitely something kind of cool about the tough as nails tactical watches from Kobold.  One of their features requested from SWAT teams and Special Op's was a bracelet that wouldn't open when scuffling hand to hand with bad guys.  That's definitely the watch I want when getting into fights at the local...  Or rather .. um...   wrestling with my five year old.

These are really cool too! So how do they make sure the watch stays on your wrist in a fight? Do they give you a crash-course of Krav Maga? Laughing

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 08-31-2009 10:09 AM In reply to

A "favourite" that I will never own must be this one:

Lange und Söhne, TOURBOGRAPH

Price... 390.000 euro.

-Andreas

• 09-08-2009 7:41 AM In reply to

Cant go past a Raymond Weil TANGO... Best for all occassions and turns heads...

Michael

• 09-08-2009 8:38 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Just treated myself to one of these..  I've been after one for a while. Number 10 of 1500.

• 09-08-2009 11:13 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

9 LEE:

Just treated myself to one of these..  I've been after one for a while. Number 10 of 1500.

I don't look at watches often but just yesterday I found myself at the Panerai website looking at your new watch. Well I certainly can't get it NOW! :)

-Michael

• 09-08-2009 12:46 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I got it to replace a watch i have worn and loved, and bought from a BeoWorld member actually!

My Heuer Monaco reissue (boxed, and just been professionally cleaned & polished) is now for sale..  In very good condition and has been my 'daily driver' for about a year and a half now - just fancied a change and when the  Panerai unexpectedly came up.. you know the rest.. LOL

Anyway - it's either going to be sold, or consigned to a drawer which would be a shame.  Please bear in mind it's not the 'TAG Heuer' it's the 'Heuer' branded one.  I'm no afficionado, but it think this makes it more desirable?

It's just like this one..

• 09-08-2009 3:11 PM In reply to

9 LEE:

I got it to replace a watch i have worn and loved, and bought from a BeoWorld member actually!

My Heuer Monaco reissue (boxed, and just been professionally cleaned & polished) is now for sale..  In very good condition and has been my 'daily driver' for about a year and a half now - just fancied a change and when the  Panerai unexpectedly came up.. you know the rest.. LOL

Anyway - it's either going to be sold, or consigned to a drawer which would be a shame.  Please bear in mind it's not the 'TAG Heuer' it's the 'Heuer' branded one.  I'm no afficionado, but it think this makes it more desirable?

It's just like this one..

Tempting to say the least!!! 

I shouldn't buy anymore watches, since I have bought 2 in the last 25 days... Laughing Wifey will kill me. 

The Monaco is actually next on my list. How much do you ask for it? 

-Andreas

• 09-08-2009 3:13 PM In reply to

Michael :

Cant go past a Raymond Weil TANGO... Best for all occassions and turns heads...

Michael

My friend has one, a rectangular, it's a nice watch. Too bad it's a Quartz... That's what I hate with my Rado. 

-Andreas

• 09-08-2009 8:30 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

bayerische:
    These are really cool too! So how do they make sure the watch stays on your wrist in a fight? Do they give you a crash-course of Krav Maga? Laughing

The bracelet is screw-locked preventing the watch from being torn off the wrist in the event of a strong impact or while being manhandled in a hostile struggle. Krav Maga is optional but recommendedWink

I actually knocked out the tooth of my local bodyguard in Haiti with my Tag Heuer sapphire. I was on a "diplomatic" trip and we were playing stupid to get the last mango out of a tree.  

It was of course an accident, but never the less, I WAS unarmed while he had a shotgun in his hands.

If the whole thing wasn't so silly I might be tempted to brag that I disarmed my "armed opponent" with my TAG.    Of course I felt terrible due to the lack of basic medical that is available down there which ironically was the reason for my visit.Embarrassed

Not a scratch on my Tag though.  Of course he did abandon me two days later after our vehicle broke down in a bad neighborhood of Port-au-Prince...  

-Michael

• 09-09-2009 6:22 AM In reply to

beocool:

Not exactly a watch, but I would like to share this with you anyway. There will be a limited edition of this clock of 20 pieces. More information right here.

That this is very cool indeed! But limited edition of 20 pieces?! Must mean it will be very expensive. Hopefully someone will make cheap know-offs...

-Andreas

• 09-11-2009 11:30 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

9 LEE:

Great watch, Lee! Yes -  thumbs up A friend of mine has a Radiomir too, but I can see no differece between your "Black Seal" and my friend's "standard"-Radiomir. I thought the "Black Seal" Edition was all black? 

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

Page 4 of 11 (265 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »