in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-26-2012 8:30 AM by Mr10Percent. 264 replies.
Page 6 of 11 (265 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-10-2010 7:00 AM In reply to

Re: What is your favorite watch?

At the moment this one.

Omega Seamaster 600m, "Ploprof". Vintage 1973.

Waiting for it's proper bracelet to arrive.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 12-10-2010 8:03 AM In reply to

I currently have this one

Radiocontrolled / Safire glas / No battery change.... Sun powered Yes -  thumbs up

Whant to have this one... eventually....Stick out tongue

• 12-10-2010 8:40 AM In reply to

bayerische:
    At the moment this one.

Good grief, Andreas.

I have been on a "diving" style watch fetish recently and crossed over the Ploprof.

Seeing it on your wrist, I am concerned that it would send you straight to the bottom!

My only news: just took delivery of a Constellation for wifey. Wink

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-10-2010 9:08 AM In reply to

I was lucky enough to find one of these in perfect condition, at an antique store in South Beach, Miami, some years ago. A strange coincidence - a few hours before a friend and I had talked about wanting to own one, and he'd told me how hard they were to find. Then we walked into the store, and while he was looking at something else I noticed ... could it be ... well, what do you know?

So I bought it without him noticing, swapped watches on my wrist and can still remember his face when we reunited with our girlfriends and he suddenly saw my new watch.

"How?"

"While you were looking at the paintings."

• 12-10-2010 9:18 AM In reply to

@soundproof : Allso a realy nice watch... i could settle for thatStick out tongue

i just love the Daytona

• 12-10-2010 9:58 AM In reply to

burantek:

bayerische:
    At the moment this one.

Good grief, Andreas.

I have been on a "diving" style watch fetish recently and crossed over the Ploprof.

Seeing it on your wrist, I am concerned that it would send you straight to the bottom!

My only news: just took delivery of a Constellation for wifey. Wink

Constellations are nice!

This one is the vintage model, 600m version. I love it, wait till' I get the sharkproof metal-mesh bracelet for it! Big Smile 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 12-10-2010 9:59 AM In reply to

soundproof:

I was lucky enough to find one of these in perfect condition, at an antique store in South Beach, Miami, some years ago. A strange coincidence - just hours before a friend and I had talked about wanting to own one, and he'd told me how hard they were to find. Then we walked into the store, and while he was looking at something else I noticed ... could it be ... well, what do you know?

So I bought it without him noticing, swapped watches on my wrist and can still remember his face when we reunited with our girlfriends and he suddenly saw my new watch.

"How?"

Nice find Soundproof!!!

Man, those are pretty expensive nowadays! Did you get it before the craze?

-Andreas

• 12-10-2010 10:24 AM In reply to

bayerische:
    Constellations are nice!

The funny thing is that I never particularly cared for them. It is what she liked, so that is what she got! I must admit that it is a very nice watch now that I had some time to play with it. I am really impressed with it, at least moreso than I expected.

bayerische:
    wait till' I get the sharkproof metal-mesh bracelet for it!

I assume you will leave behind a flawless wrist.

Daytona: Classic, great looking watch -and a very funny story, soundproof! Laughing

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-10-2010 10:35 AM In reply to

burantek:

bayerische:
    Constellations are nice!

The funny thing is that I never particularly cared for them. It is what she liked, so that is what she got! I must admit that it is a very nice watch now that I had some time to play with it. I am really impressed with it, at least moreso than I expected.

bayerische:
    wait till' I get the sharkproof metal-mesh bracelet for it!

I assume you will leave behind a flawless wrist.

Daytona: Classic, great looking watch -and a very funny story, soundproof! Laughing

Laughing

Atleast the watch will be sharkproof. Laughing

-Andreas

• 12-10-2010 1:31 PM In reply to

bayerische:

Nice find Soundproof!!!

Well, they did have to pull my card twice, as the limit was under the price. Big Smile

It was just too good a joke to pass up, I can still remember his face when he saw the watch on my wrist.

Lots of nice watches in this thread.

• 12-10-2010 4:58 PM In reply to

soundproof:

bayerische:

Nice find Soundproof!!!

Well, they did have to pull my card twice, as the limit was under the price. Big Smile

It was just too good a joke to pass up, I can still remember his face when he saw the watch on my wrist.

Lots of nice watches in this thread.

Great story!

I guess it was quite a lot then! Big Smile

But hey,  you have an awesome piece of Rolex history!!!!!!!!!

-Andreas

• 12-10-2010 5:16 PM In reply to

bayerische:

At the moment this one.

Omega Seamaster 600m, "Ploprof". Vintage 1973.

Waiting for it's proper bracelet to arrive.

Great watch, Andreas. You know what I just bought Big Smile Watch this space...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 12-10-2010 5:19 PM In reply to

soundproof:

I was lucky enough to find one of these in perfect condition, at an antique store in South Beach, Miami, some years ago. A strange coincidence - a few hours before a friend and I had talked about wanting to own one, and he'd told me how hard they were to find. Then we walked into the store, and while he was looking at something else I noticed ... could it be ... well, what do you know?

"How?"

Soundproof, fantastic watch! Yes -  thumbs up I'm jealous. Big Smile

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 12-10-2010 5:31 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

This is my pride and joy, the Tissot T-Tracx. It was my high school graduation gift.

Evan

• 12-10-2010 5:55 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Here is my Invicta S1 (Model 5181). Very comfortable band, stays put on my wrist. Im wearing this one to a dance tomorrow night!! Cool

I think the mint green color accents look incredible against the black face.

Evan

• 12-10-2010 6:08 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Oh and before I forget, Mom's Chrsitmas gift ordered today! I think its called the Invicta Wildflower.

Evan

• 12-15-2010 1:54 PM In reply to

Just got myself a Panerai Radiomir Black Seal Ceramic. Smile

• 12-15-2010 1:58 PM In reply to

beocool:
    Panerai Radiomir Black Seal Ceramic.

Surprise Knockout! Congrats!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-15-2010 7:45 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Sharp lookin!

Evan

• 12-16-2010 2:35 AM In reply to

The Casio AQ310G for me, my father received it for his 20-year birthday in 1981! Still going strong Big Smile

Beocenter 9300, Beogam CD50, Beocord 5500, Beomaster 3400, Beomaster 4400, 2 Beogram 4000, Beomaster 8000, 2 beogram 8002, Beovox S-75, Beovox MS150.2, Beovox RL6000, Beovox S-35, Beomaster 6000, 2 Beocord 9000, Beocord 8004, Beocord 5000, Form 1, 2x Beolink 1000, Beo4, MX3500, LS4500. Born 1993.

• 12-17-2010 10:37 AM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

I really, really like the Rolex Oyster Perpetual DateJust 36mm with the Oyster bracelet and black or blue dial. I can't really decide if I like the domed steel bezel or the fluted white gold one best. I think it looks just like a Rolex should.

Who knows what will happen. I'm turning 40 in a few days. Stick out tongue

• 12-17-2010 11:19 AM In reply to

fridsten:
    I really, really like the Rolex Oyster Perpetual DateJust 36mm

Wondeful watch! I had the same w/ Jubilee/black/fluted. Great for sport and/or dress. A real classic, though like you -I suppose I would prefer the Oyster bracelet. My brother still has it!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-17-2010 4:38 PM In reply to

Completely happy with my Baume & Mercier Riviera, but I confess to loving this !

• 12-17-2010 4:40 PM In reply to

• AT
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 187
    • Founder

Rolex 16233

When I was not able to choose between the black and the blue dial - I was choosed the two tone version Smile

(The picture was taken from Chrono24 - it's not mine)

• 12-19-2010 1:55 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Panerai 244, but only once i have my Beovision 7-40 with a pair of Beolab 5's looking at me. In the meantime i have MWC G10 with Tritium illumination. Simple, reliable and the Tritium gives amazing clarity at night.

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

Page 6 of 11 (265 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »