in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-01-2008 8:28 AM by vinnie21. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2008 3:49 PM

IR Table - Beosystem 3, Beocenter 6

Did anybody manage through his dealer to update the IR table inside the Beosystem 3 or the Beocenter 6?

• 01-13-2008 10:02 AM In reply to

Re: IR Table - Beosystem 3, Beocenter 6

Yes this can be done very easily by your dealer as long as they have the correct cables and software. It only takes a couple of minutes to update and then you can have lots of other boxes which are now available on the PUC list.

It will delete your current list, so make sure that you write down which boxes you currently use on the IR list and ask for them to be added.

Vinnie.

• 01-13-2008 10:06 AM In reply to

BTW, the updating is the same for the BeoSystem 3 and the BeoCenter 6.

Vinnie.

• 01-13-2008 4:45 PM In reply to

Does the latest IR table inlude the apple remote codes?

Thanks. 

• 01-13-2008 4:48 PM In reply to

Does the latest IR table include the apple remote IR codes?
  • 01-14-2008 5:35 AM In reply to

Yes, but it does not support fast scrolling or fast forward or fast rewind. Updating you IR list is not as simple as just uploading a new full list, you have to create your own desired list from the choice of available boxes. This is why I said that you are best to list all your current boxes that are used then add the other specific boxes you require. You can find out what is on the list by visiting your dealer, dont bother calling them as it is best to see for yourself if they allow. As I said, if they have the software and cables to perform the update, this will only take them half an hour or so, from creating your specific list to uploading it to the BeoSystem 3 and BeoCenter 6 26. The cost of updating your equipment will be down to the dealer, it is not, if i am correct a free service.

You may wish to update your BS3 software while your at it, I think it has now gone to 4.1. This will have fixes for issues that have been occuring recently. This all depends on which software you currently have on the BS3, to find out press MENU to get into the BS3 menu, then press 0 0 Go, then highlight Monitor and press Go, you will see the top line looks something like: 06 IC3     AP SW03.10a (this will be the software version you currently have on the BS3).

Vinnie.

• 01-29-2008 2:54 PM In reply to

Vinnie:

I went to my dealer and updated the IR table on my Beovision 6-22.

I could see "iPod Remote" and "Apple Appleremote".

Unfortunately, when I select the "iPod Remote" option not a single button on the Beo 4 is activating the IR mouse emitter I'm using.

When I select the "Apple Appleremote" option only the "Blue" button is making the IR emitter blink. My apple TV is not responding to this command.

Could you please help? (I'm using a blinking type IR emitter for the test)

• 02-01-2008 8:28 AM In reply to

Hard to tell what is wrong, may be a faulty IR blaster. I can confirm that you need to be using Apple Appleremote for the IR comands. On the apple tv I think there is a setting to pair the actual Apple remote control and use only that to control the apple tv. This needs to be set to be able to use other universal remotes etc, I think you should look at this as well. Check this link http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304991 . When you press the menu button on the Beo4 you will only see the colour tabs, nothing else appear on screen. just use up, down, left, right and go buttons.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)