in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-16-2008 8:16 AM by jk1002. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (24 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2008 12:08 PM

Can't connect Beo4 to AppleTV

Hi,

My dealer has tried to connect my BV7 Mk3 to my AppleTV, but all in vain. Everything is fine when I operate the AppleTV with the Apple remote, but does not work with the Beo4.

In the BV7 Mk3 the "AppleRemote" has been added and flashed to my BV7. IC led connected to the front of my AppleTV - nothing works on the Beo4. Tried the "iPod remote" option and even "iPodDock" option in the stb list of the BV7 but still nothing - no reaction from the Beo4.

The AppleTV has now been connected component on picure, audio via a digital/analog converter and that works (doing this connection as I want to use the AppleTV in a link system so HDMI will not work) 

Has anyone an idea what is wrong here with the Beo4 connection? 

Very pleased to hear from any out there having done the same. Apparently it is possible but my dealer can't make it work for me

BeoDane 

• 01-11-2008 1:37 PM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

Re: Can't connect Beo4 to AppleTV

You need to connect an ir sensor from the i.r socket on the back of BV7 to Apple TV.

1.) There should be 4 i.r sockets on the BV7 (looks like a 3.5 headphone jack). If Apple TV is connected to, e.g) AV4, then use i.r 4, this then runs to the i.r sensor of Apple TV and stuck on the front. In essence the i.r of BV7 then becomes the i.r of Apple T.V.

2.) Go to connections on BV7, Go to AV4 (or what ever AV you have Apple TV connected with) and select socket, then input what ever socket it corresponds to with the socket you have used on the back. 

I have a MkII, assuming it should be the same.  

• 01-11-2008 4:07 PM In reply to

Thanks a lot for your reply Jez, but apparently the menu is different in the Bv7 Mk3

I've connected my AppleTV to AV2 under connections - then as PC - selecting the input (HMDI or Component) and that's about all I can chose in that respect. I do (apparently) not have any option to go into a menu and select the socket of the ir.

Am I or my dealer doing something wrong here?

• 01-12-2008 6:10 AM In reply to

Because you have a MKIII it has the BeoSystem 3 chassis, in which case each AV input has a dedicated IR control socket.  Firstly make sure that the correct IR socket is being used and then ensure that it is correctly positioned on your Apple TV, it should just work.
  • 01-12-2008 9:40 AM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Same problem here ... it simply does not work :(

/M 

• 01-12-2008 12:40 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

OK BeoDane,

2 things:

The AppleTV can be 'paired' to it's remote, rather like a Bluetooth device to a Cell phone.  check Apple.com/support to see how to 'unpair' the box from its remote.  Then on the first page of the 'Connections' sub-menu for the AV input you will use you need to change the 'Autoselection' to 'yes', but I don't know why.

Cool

Russ

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 01-12-2008 12:40 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

OK BeoDane,

2 things:

The AppleTV can be 'paired' to it's remote, rather like a Bluetooth device to a Cell phone.  check Apple.com/support to see how to 'unpair' the box from its remote.  Then on the first page of the 'Connections' sub-menu for the AV input you will use you need to change the 'Autoselection' to 'yes', but I don't know why.

Cool

Russ

We kid because we love.

McLean, VA USA

• 01-12-2008 2:01 PM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Hi Russ

I guess you've got this to work. Could you please list all the settings. Which PUC, PC (or V-MEM) etc ... please give us all the details ... there is something really strange going on here. Also - what is the name of the "controller-file"? iPod Remote or Apple Remote?

/M 

• 01-12-2008 2:48 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

I wasn't directly involved in the installation involving the AppleTV, so I don't know which label/tag was used, nor which AV-input.  But the TV was a new BV-7/US, so BeoSystem 3 PUC.  The file is labeled 'Apple Remote'. 

Russ

We kid because we love.

McLean, VA USA

• 01-17-2008 10:14 AM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

OK ... so lets take up this discussion again. The AppleTV got a gret boost at MacWorld - especially if you live in the states - and I guess that there should be quite a few Beoworlders interesting in controlling it with a B&O remote. For quite some time this has been claimed possible (if you have the Beosystem3 - separate or built into your TV). I got hte Apple Remote software update but it does not work. I'd be very happy if anyone could provide som info on this. Afterall - if beo produces a "STB-controller" named Apple Remote ... they must have tested it at some stage ;-)

Please share your knowhow!

/M 

• 01-17-2008 10:31 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Hi M,

please re-read the entire thread.

Including my (accidental) double-post.  Embarrassed

Russ

We kid because we love.

McLean, VA USA

• 01-17-2008 10:44 AM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Well - I have read the entire thread

These are my settings:

AV5 (and the IR Remote Controll Cable is plugged into the corresponding PUC) 

Source PC

Automatic selection Yes

HDMI A

And the  "Stb controller software" or whatever the name is for it is called "Apple Appleremote"

Is there anything else that I should be aware of?

/M 

• 01-17-2008 11:16 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

I've had the same problem with an Apple TV for months ... fortunately the customer also purchased a BeoMedia so it wasn't all that important at the time.  Now Post-Macworld-Keynote it's certainly an issue that I need to resolve.

The weird thing about my installation is that I have a BV7MKIII originally connected to and controlling the Apple TV.  That unit was replaced with a BeoSystem 3 and BV4 65" shortly afterwards and thats when the controls in the PUC controller just stopped working!

I'm going to do a little bit of experimenting and I'll post my results!

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 01-17-2008 11:23 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Have you made certain to 'unpair' the Apple TV and it's included remote?

Russ

We kid because we love.

McLean, VA USA

• 01-17-2008 11:38 AM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Yes it is unpaired

/M 

• 01-17-2008 3:54 PM In reply to

Hi Alex,

How is (was) your BV7-40 Mk3 connected to the AppleTV? My dealer and myself are still having problems and it's unsolved. Apparently many users are struggling with this problem, despite the stb list of "Apple Remote", "iPod Dock" and "iPod Remote" in the stb list.

Could you please give a detailed list to "Connecting AppleTV to BeoVision 7-40 Mk3 for Dummies" so we can use our Beo4 and Beo5 to control the ATV

Input very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance Alex

BeoDane 

• 01-17-2008 4:12 PM In reply to

With my Avant and Apple TV, I found that I could not use the "V.Aux" command (if connected to the V.Aux input) on the Beo4 but rather had to use the "TV" button on the Beo4 to toggle to the Apple TV connection. Granted, this is a Beosystem 1 based system rather than a Beosystem 3 based system -- still I thought it might be of some help.
  • 01-18-2008 5:29 AM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

I fully agree 

"Connecting AppleTV to BeoVision 7-40 Mk3 for Dummies" is precisely what I am after right now.

After all ... connecting the TV to a Humax HDTV STB was no problem ... but the AppleTV - no way.

How hard can it be??? 

• 01-28-2008 12:03 PM In reply to

I have:

AV2: VMEM

PUC: AV2 

STB: Apple Remote

HDMI: A

Autoselection: YES

I unpaired the Remote of the apple tv.

Still doesn't work???

What am I doing wrong....

&

Smile

I have:

AV2: VMEM

PUC: AV2 

STB: Apple Remote

HDMI: A

Autoselection: YES

I unpaired the Remote of the apple tv.

Still doesn't work???

What am I doing wrong....

ps. dreambox 500 no problem... ( i even switched IR cables to check if this one was broke)

• 01-29-2008 8:30 AM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Beo serviceman was here again - this time also the iPod Remote software was installed, but still it is not possible to control the AppleTV with Beo4. Those of you that succeded must have done something very special. Could there be differences in BV7-40 Mark III in US versus Europe that could explain these problems?

/M 

• 03-16-2008 7:36 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

More food for thought on this topic....

Last night I brought home a new AppleTV and connected it to an Avant/US which has the 4.7 software installed, and the 4.7j CCDB.  Attached to the STB input, everything works, everything.  I did not have to 'unpair' the remote. I just had to struggle for a few minutes getting the correct resolution output from the AppleTV.

If it's this easy on an Avant, there ought to be no problems on BS-3 based systems.

Russ 

We kid because we love.

McLean, VA USA

• 03-16-2008 8:16 AM In reply to

It works on my BV8 including fast scroll and forward/backward. Some of the sources are not linked to an IR control port.

I have mine under TV, HDMI Yes, STB Ipod Remote. It worked under DTV as well. I believe it can even work with a paired remote as long as you pair it with the IR plug that is attached to the cable. I think most ATVs ship with an unpaired remote ayway.

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (24 items)