in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-31-2009 6:05 AM by JC. 28 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2007 5:31 PM

Underrated B&O-features you really like...

I was wondering whether there are any "unimpressive" features of your B&O products that you really like?

We all know the products have great design, terrific link capabilities, are very user-friendly and so on, but are there some "small" features you don't want to miss anymore?

For example I really like the auto-standby function of my BeoSystem. This allows me to leave the house without having to think that I might have forgotten to turn off my stereo. And - that's the real great thing - I can listen to music to fall asleep Smile (even LPs) and I know that the whole system will shut down automaticly!

• 04-25-2007 5:52 PM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Re: Underrated B&O-features you really like...

Well it's probably a major feature and sometimes shooting B&O in the foot but I like the fact that their gear, even the modern stuff is meant to be repaired. A feature lost in the if it's broke chuck it out and go to Dixons society we live in.
  • 04-25-2007 7:34 PM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Personally, i very much like the compatibility of "older" and new(er) products

and the option of integrating separate components to the system.

• 04-26-2007 1:26 AM In reply to

I like and regularly use the Picture Mute function on my Avant. This really only makes sense wiith a TV that also has fantastic sound. Still, I would use this feature useful even in my Samsung LCD. I don't know of any other brand with this feature. Do you?
  • 04-26-2007 6:22 AM In reply to

peria:
    I like and regularly use the Picture Mute function on my Avant. This really only makes sense wiith a TV that also has fantastic sound. Still, I would use this feature useful even in my Samsung LCD. I don't know of any other brand with this feature. Do you?

I agree this feature on my BV3 32" is great as I use a Panasonic DVD recorder and as I haven't managed to purchase my B&O 9000 CD payer yet, I listen to CD's through eh DVD player using my B&O TV with the picture turned off!  Also useful for listening to DAB radio through my Freeview box!

I also like the feature that if I go away for the weekend, but still want to record things whilst away I can turn the TV off and know that of someone comes in to steal it , the PIN code facility is on!

History - it's just one thing after another!

• 04-26-2007 6:39 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

well, it is not a feature, but i love the sound my BL8000 produce when they switch on/of (that click). sounds like music to my ears

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-26-2007 6:39 AM In reply to

• djjkroon
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Uddel, the Netherlands
    • Posts 113
    • Founder

One of the most underrated options is the two way communication of the older models. Why not (again) two way remote controls and displays in the linked hardware such as(active) speakers.

Musical regards,

Hans Kroon

Muzies, Hans Kroon
  • 04-26-2007 7:02 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

The little rubber feet on the base of the Beolink 1000. Very simple and elegant idea which protects your remote and whatever you are placing it on and has been lost on the Beo4.

It's these tiny attentions to detail that I really like.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-26-2007 7:48 AM In reply to

I love the fact that holding down the standby button turns everything off....
  • 04-26-2007 9:29 AM In reply to

• seheiste
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Stockholm
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

maybe a stupid question, how do you mute the picture on BV3 32? I could do it on my LX5500 but have not figured out how to do it with BV3.

Best regards,

Heinz

By the way, my most unwanted feature is my Set top box controller switching off my cable box after watching normal TV for a while.  Angry 

• 04-26-2007 9:50 AM In reply to

I like the damped action on the volume wheel on the Beomaster 8000, compared with the undamped frequency wheel. Very necessary and very well thought through!

I also like the way you can get the time by pressing 'Status' on an MCP5000 without turning on the Beosystem. Very useful if you want to use the MCP as a bedside clock :)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 04-26-2007 9:51 AM In reply to

• catalinex
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Bucharest
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

If you are using a beo4 remote, press between the up and down volume button.

Best regards,

C

... from Spark to Icon
  • 04-26-2007 11:22 AM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

I really like it on the BS9000, when the car moves from one position to another, it will do it slower if the glass door is open. And if you approach your hand as if you want to change a CD, the car will stop moving to avoid hitting you! Pure magic.

More on BS9000. Invite your friends. Put 6 cd's of your favorite music in it. Enable random function, dim lights and look at the eyes of your friends. Guaranteed in less than 20 seconds they will make an exclamation comment. It's just so accurate and fast when it works in random. Make sure you clean the way in which the car moves regularly, otherwise gets slower. 

Gustavo

• 04-26-2007 11:32 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

seheiste:

maybe a stupid question, how do you mute the picture on BV3 32? I could do it on my LX5500 but have not figured out how to do it with BV3....

i don't know if it p-mute is available on a BV3, but on the BV7, you have to add "p-mute" to the fonctions of your Beo4, and then just chose it with the list button...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-26-2007 2:09 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

catalinex:

Hi,

If you are using a beo4 remote, press between the up and down volume button.

Best regards,

C

Hi Catalin. That just mutes the sound, he wants to mute the picture.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-26-2007 2:19 PM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Is the p-mute function in the list only available on later Beo4's mine doesn't seem to have that?
  • 04-26-2007 2:21 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

gk31ax:

That is what I was going to put. Also the way the light stays on. Very clever.

CraigBig Smile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-26-2007 2:34 PM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Craig:

gk31ax:

That is what I was going to put. Also the way the light stays on. Very clever.

CraigBig Smile

Yes makes you wonder if that was theory or practical experience  " who turned that light off!...... crash there goes next months wages!"

• 04-26-2007 2:44 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Serene shares 'phonebook with Beocom 6000. Very handy for Andy.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-26-2007 3:30 PM In reply to

• Mike
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 20
    • Founder

I like the sound slowly fading out when I switch off my BV6.

• 04-26-2007 4:12 PM In reply to

I love the leather pouch for my A8s and the filters on the 4 lights of my BS3200 are just perfect.
  • 04-27-2007 4:06 AM In reply to

seheiste:

Hi,

maybe a stupid question, how do you mute the picture on BV3 32? I could do it on my LX5500 but have not figured out how to do it with BV3.

Best regards,

Heinz

By the way, my most unwanted feature is my Set top box controller switching off my cable box after watching normal TV for a while.  Angry 

Hi!

To mute the picture on the BV3 32" (or turning the screen off so all you hear is the sound!) On the BEO4 remote, press "List" until "AV" appears and then pus the source button you are listening to so for example if like me you use "DTV" to listen tot he radio through Freeview, press "LIST", "AV" then "DTV" and the picture will turn off, the sound mute for a second,m then the sound comes back on again.

You can still change the volume as normal and even mute the volume, but the stand wont operate.  To turn the picture back on, press one of the source buttons again.  Such a simple idea, but I did have to ask my dealer a few weeks later, after he showed me when it was installed as I couldn't remember it!

I also love the fact you can sort your favorite list functions on the remote so if you use a particular function regularly you can have that appear first when you press LIST instead of scrolling all through them, as we ll as removing options you wont use (Not something I have done, as i didn't want to get rid of them!)

One thing I have found is if you have a good dealer (Like we do in Bath!) they are more than happy to talk you through things over the phone, mine called me back when he wasn't sure if the P-MUTE option was installed on the BV3!

I hope that helps!

Cheers

Richard

History - it's just one thing after another!

• 04-27-2007 5:19 AM In reply to

• seheiste
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Stockholm
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

RicardoBathUK:
    seheiste:

Hi,

Best regards,

Heinz

Hi!

To mute the picture on the BV3 32" (or turning the screen off so all you hear is the sound!) On the BEO4 remote, press "List" until "AV" appears and then pus the source button you are listening to so for example if like me you use "DTV" to listen tot he radio through Freeview, press "LIST", "AV" then "DTV" and the picture will turn off, the sound mute for a second,m then the sound comes back on again.

You can still change the volume as normal and even mute the volume, but the stand wont operate.  To turn the picture back on, press one of the source buttons again.  Such a simple idea, but I did have to ask my dealer a few weeks later, after he showed me when it was installed as I couldn't remember it!

I also love the fact you can sort your favorite list functions on the remote so if you use a particular function regularly you can have that appear first when you press LIST instead of scrolling all through them, as we ll as removing options you wont use (Not something I have done, as i didn't want to get rid of them!)

One thing I have found is if you have a good dealer (Like we do in Bath!) they are more than happy to talk you through things over the phone, mine called me back when he wasn't sure if the P-MUTE option was installed on the BV3!

I hope that helps!

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard!

Thank you very much for the information!

I'll try it out but it may not work in DVD mode. I want to view the DVD, (I use DVD 1),  with a projector on the wall behind/above my TV. Therefore I want to keep the surround sound but not the picture. It's possible to reduce the brightens and contras to zero which kind of mutes the picture but I don't think it's very user friendly.

• 04-27-2007 5:20 PM In reply to

true - that is if you dont mind spending a forture to get anything fixed.
  • 04-28-2007 2:53 AM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

Mike:

I like the sound slowly fading out when I switch off my BV6.

This goes for the light also. Dimming up/down not switching on/off, much more plesant for the eye.

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >