in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-09-2008 4:26 PM by 355f. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-09-2008 12:03 PM

B&O News on Hi-def video

The following is taken from http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=493014#post493014

"

Bang & Olufsen drops HD DVD plans after Warner decision

Danish tech company Bang & Olufsen had a small press reception yesterday evening at CES. I attended with a couple dozen others. In the question-answer session I asked about Blu-ray support since no HD DVD or BD players had been announced (although players from both sides had been used in their demos of their new displays).

Peter Petersen, B&O's Chief Technology Officer, said they had been planning on making a combo player but after Friday's Warner's announcement they have dropped plans to include HD DVD and now will develop only a BD player. He said it would be available in 2009.

Edit: Update to include name of B&O spokesperson.
  • 01-09-2008 2:55 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: B&O News on Hi-def video

KENMAC:

Good news that they are doing something with Blu-ray, not so good news it's 2009 (that could be end of 2009!).

Seen some of the posts about B&O on that Blu-ray forum? Seen the posts that state that B&O spend all the time and money producing well designed objects, but lack audio quality. Amazing.

• 01-09-2008 3:33 PM In reply to

I am really delighted that B&O will come out with a Blu-ray player.  I hope they will have a Blu-ray player in the Beovision 7.

I also read the remarks in the Blu-ray forum.  I think some of those people don't get out of the house too much. 

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 01-09-2008 4:07 PM In reply to

I hope it will be an add-on module to BV9 toYes -  thumbs up
  • 01-09-2008 4:26 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

KENMAC:

ollowing is taken from http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=493014#post493014

"

Bang & Olufsen drops HD DVD plans after Warner decision

Danish tech company Bang & Olufsen had a small press reception yesterday evening at CES. I attended with a couple dozen others. In the question-answer session I asked about Blu-ray support since no HD DVD or BD players had been announced (although players from both sides had been used in their demos of their new displays).

Peter Petersen, B&O's Chief Technology Officer, said they had been planning on making a combo player but after Friday's Warner's announcement they have dropped plans to include HD DVD and now will develop only a BD player. He said it would be available in 2009.

Edit: Update to include name of B&O spokesperson.

Well the good news there is that we wont be subjected to a modded version of the awful samsung dual format player.

Lets hope they jump into bed with panasonic on the BR deal

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)