in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-08-2008 10:31 AM by yachadm. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2008 10:51 AM

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Beocord 2200 Problem

Hi all,

I've finally got around to repairing my 1976 Beocord 2200 - type 4601, which I've had since new. 

The 2 problems are very specific:

When pressing PLAY >, with no cassette inserted, both the tape cogs rotate as expected.

With a cassette inserted, the forward cog (pull) does not rotate, but the rear cog (push) does - resulting in the tape unravelling inside the drive mechanism.

It's as if there isn't enough torque to pull the tape. 

When pressing Fast Rewind <<, nothing moves, and then after a couple of seconds, the AutoStop function kicks in, releasing the Rewind button.

All necessary capacitors and resistors have already been changed, new belts from Dillen, and the magnetic reed switch replaced.

Peter - you said that this is a very tweakable unit - would you care to share your expertise here?

Also, as I see it, it has Ferrite heads, not glass - or am I missing something?

All help will be much appreciated.

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 01-06-2008 1:12 PM In reply to

Re: Beocord 2200 Problem

I have no BC2200 repaired yet, but some BC5500/6500/7000 and some had the same problem.

Have you cleaned the axles of the deck? Test it with fast forward and rewind. If it is really slow and without power, then the old grease has become very sticky.

The newer decks have a small washer on the top of the axles, remove them, pull off the cassette wheels/spring and clean them.

Martin

• 01-08-2008 10:31 AM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beocord 2200 Problem

Hi Martin

Thanks for your reply.

I have cleaned and regreased all necessary axles - it didn't help.

Here is the problem - transmission arm, part # 2851086.

The white plastic rotating wheels are cracked with a tiny hairline crack - not surprising, being that this is the part which receives the most wear in the machine.

So they rotate slightly crooked, creating extra friction, and delivering reduced torque to the tape cogs.

I don't need the brass metal arm part, just new plastic wheel assemblies.

If anyone can help me with parts, I would very much appreciate it.

Regards

M Yachad

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)