in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-07-2010 8:47 AM by raybody. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-31-2007 9:01 AM

• magnushj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Trondheim, Norway
    • Posts 139
    • Silver Member

Beocenter glass panel replacement?

I just got a Beocenter 9300 with cracked upper panel. I understand it is difficult to get a replacement panel.

My question is: Would it be possible to make a new one? Have a glass plate cut to size and then stick black foil behind it and cut the necessary holes for  the displays? I reckon this would be both easier and cheaper than buying an original panel, if i could get my hands on one at all.

What do you say?

Beocenter 9500+Beolab Penta mk2+Avant+MX7000+Beosound Ouverture+1xBeolab 6000 :)
  • 12-31-2007 9:03 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Beocenter glass panel replacement?

As far as I'm aware the panel should still be available from your dealer for this model.

Welcome to BeoworldSmile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 12-31-2007 9:22 AM In reply to

• magnushj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Trondheim, Norway
    • Posts 139
    • Silver Member

OK, thanks!

Magnus

Beocenter 9500+Beolab Penta mk2+Avant+MX7000+Beosound Ouverture+1xBeolab 6000 :)
  • 12-31-2007 9:30 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

No prob's.

To add to your post, it would be very very difficult to reproduce the panels as they are silk screen printed (or possibly laser printed) to attain the very precise "clear" areas where the light shines through. If anyone can find a vialble way to do this then there would be a decent market for them as a lot of equipment from this era (systems 3500/4500 CDX etc...) use the same principle on the panels and are now unavailable.

As the 9300 was the last in this line this is why they are still availabe for this model.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 12-31-2007 9:42 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Do the panels also have something in the coating on the back that makes the touch sensitive part work?

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 12-31-2007 10:13 AM In reply to

Yes, the panel has a sensitive part (graphite) that extend the capcitive sensor acting area.

Eugenio Colazzo

• 12-31-2007 10:14 AM In reply to

magnushj:

I just got a Beocenter 9300 with cracked upper panel. I understand it is difficult to get a replacement panel.

My question is: Would it be possible to make a new one? Have a glass plate cut to size and then stick black foil behind it and cut the necessary holes for  the displays? I reckon this would be both easier and cheaper than buying an original panel, if i could get my hands on one at all.

What do you say?

Hello If you can't find let me know. Here in Italy I found both glass plate for my Beo 9k 

Eugenio Colazzo

• 12-31-2007 11:21 AM In reply to

The glasses are still available from B&O dealers. Cost is around £80 each.

I think you must be on some other planet if you think you can make one or indeed if you think it is worth the effort.

I do know of a cheap supply of these glasses but I will keep it to myself for the time being.Devil

Regards Graham

• 12-31-2007 12:02 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

joeyboygolf:

I think you must be on some other planet if you think you can make one or indeed if you think it is worth the effort.

Do I take it you do not think it would be an easy job to do then Graham.LaughingLaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 12-31-2007 1:09 PM In reply to

Craig:
    joeyboygolf:

Do I take it you do not think it would be an easy job to do then Graham.LaughingLaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

Impossible with sufficient level of quality to do the product justice. We are talking about the best range of audio products that B&O have ever produced and anyone messing with one should be locked in the tower!!!!

Regards Graham

• 12-31-2007 4:00 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

joeyboygolf:
    Craig:
    joeyboygolf:

CraigSmile

Impossible with sufficient level of quality to do the product justice. We are talking about the best range of audio products that B&O have ever produced and anyone messing with one should be locked in the tower!!!!

Surely its worth trying? Rather then just ending up with B&O's that are useless and end up in the trash. Obviuosly is has to be financially viable. I wonder if B&O would be willing to divulge any info on where they sourced the panels or how they are made?

I doubt it though Sad  sigh!

Durban South Africa

• 12-31-2007 5:04 PM In reply to

Why would B&O share anything with you, when they still sell the part themselves.

You all seem to be getting yourselves in a lather for a problem you don't yet have (with the 9300 anyway).

There are always spare parts available for the beocenter 9000 range. You just buy one that doesnt work, swap the panels and resell on.

New glass, minimal cost. 

Regards Brett
  • 02-28-2008 2:24 PM In reply to

• magnushj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Trondheim, Norway
    • Posts 139
    • Silver Member

beo4life:

Why would B&O share anything with you, when they still sell the part themselves.

You all seem to be getting yourselves in a lather for a problem you don't yet have (with the 9300 anyway).

There are always spare parts available for the beocenter 9000 range. You just buy one that doesnt work, swap the panels and resell on.

New glass, minimal cost. 

Hehe, this one sure got you fired up. Big Smile  I ended up buying the damn thing for about £80 at a service center near my parents place.

My nearest B&O dealer/service center is about 8 hours drive away. Sad

The reason i considered making a new one was that i have access to professional equipment for cutting patterns in plastic foil, and it had been a fun project to do. The hard part would have been making the CAD-drawing so that it looked somewhat orignial.

Magnus 

• 02-28-2008 2:33 PM In reply to

NoBit:
    Yes, the panel has a sensitive part (graphite) that extend the capcitive sensor acting area.

Can this be damaged in anyway when removing? and when regluing, do you need to avoid these sections?

• 02-28-2008 6:21 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

mobeyone:

NoBit:

Can this be damaged in anyway when removing?

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-29-2008 4:18 AM In reply to

These sections are "printed" on the glass panel, so can't be removed, if the glass is broken the parts are electrically disconnected.

On my Beo I tried to place a new hand made glass and reconstructed these parts, so I created a new material called "PRITTITE" Geeked

Take a pencil, make the graphite deeply crushed and then mix with a PRITT glue. Now you have a new material to recreate or fix your capacitive area...

But the engineers continue to study so they surprised me creating a Graphite Spray that works better than my PRITTITE.... The business is ended....

Sorry...

Geeked 

Eugenio Colazzo

• 02-29-2008 4:29 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

That was very good leftfield thinking making the PRITTITE, I'm impressed with your ingenuity (or bodging as we call it in the UK)Stick out tongue

Chris.

• 11-07-2010 8:47 AM In reply to

Quality Dream Audio have  just started making replacment glass panels for all of the beocenter range even the beogram cd 's and beocord tape decks.

they look good and have a great  black finish with all of the buttons working !

supplided with double sided tape ready to just stick on your clip (with instructions)

the only down side is that there are no markings on the panels and no lights shine through.

not the biggest problem in the world as most people use the remotes.

they do make your equipment look and work as it should though.

the prices are a LOT better than B&O used to be.

they make them to order so you will need to contact them through there web site.

http://quality-dream-audio.co.uk/contactus.aspx

keep your loved B&O going !

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)