in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-27-2007 7:03 PM by bluckow. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-22-2007 4:43 PM

• bluckow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-18-2007
    • NY
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

HELP PLEASE!! How can I connect beosound/BEOSYSTEM 2300 to ipod?

I have a beosound 2300 unit which is masterlinked to 3 sets of add on B&O speakers thru house. I just got an ipod nano and want to play it thru the entire system,  I got the AUX connector from my dealer but I can only play it thru the main system (2300)--since I had to disconnect the master link cable behind main unit. Therefore I cannot not play on the slave speakers in the other rooms. I did program the remote to A.AUX. speakers show power---but will not play i pod.  Does anyone know if there is a way to play i pod thru entire system????

HELP ME PLEEEZE!!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!Party!!!

• 12-23-2007 3:31 AM In reply to

• tgodsk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-01-2007
    • Posts 9
    • Gold Member

Re: HELP PLEASE!! How can I connect beosound/BEOSYSTEM 2300 to ipod?

Hi,

Why do you have to disconnect your MasterLink cable? Maybe I don't get your point but it sounds a bit like trying to browse the Internet without a network cable (or wireless) Big Smile

Can you explain a bit more detailed what you're trying to do?

Merry X-mas,
    Thomas

• 12-27-2007 1:02 PM In reply to

• bluckow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-18-2007
    • NY
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

thanx 4 your response----here it is--

I have an a beosystem 2300( cd only no tape deck)---it is the older 2300 with speakers attached to the sides, bracketed

to wall.  There are 2 ports for this 7 pinned access cable I go from b&o---the only port left has a cable that goes to a outlet

installed to run to the area where the installer has all the other b&o speakers (with electronic eyes) that passively work off the main

system (beo 2300). I want to hook up my i pod with this access cable---but the only port available is the one that

links the passive speakers. If I take that cable out, plug in access. cable  for i pod I can run i pod on the main sys

ONLY--my goal is to get the rest of thi house to be connected to i pod. How can I do this with only 1 accessory port???

is there some time of splitter that I can use to plug i pod and master cable to???   Thanx--dealer not much help!!Sad regards Brenda L

Filed under:
  • 12-27-2007 2:41 PM In reply to

• Rubicon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2007
    • N. Island NZ
    • Posts 45
    • Founder

Hi there, not sure I can help personally but I'm sure I've heard of standard splitters and also splitters made specifically for B&O products with only one Aux connection. Have a look at this thread too as it may be of some help.....

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/36810.aspx

Cheers

• 12-27-2007 7:03 PM In reply to

• bluckow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-18-2007
    • NY
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

thanx for your help!!!! happy new yr!
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)