in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-21-2007 9:52 AM by Ivan. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-19-2007 10:20 AM

• Ivan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-30-2007
    • Boca Raton
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

DTV button in the new Beosystem 3

Hi all!,

I have a problem with the new Beosystem 3 that comes with the ATSC tuner. I can't find DTV in the connection menu.

I know that if you're not using the tuner and set it to NONE you can use TV button for the SAT box. My problem is that one of my customers wants to use the tuner for basic cable and a SAT box, so TV button will be for cable and DTV should be for Satellite.

The problem is that when I go into the menu of connections I can't find DTV, no matter what AV input I try none of them have DTV avaliable. I hope you know what I'm saying.

Any ideas? 

www.beoflorida.com
    Filed under:
  • 06-20-2007 5:39 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Southern CA
    • Posts 137
    • Bronze Member

Re: DTV button in the new Beosystem 3

The email that went out last week says that you can change it in the service menu.

But yea, it can be done.

-Alex
  • 06-21-2007 9:52 AM In reply to

• Ivan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-30-2007
    • Boca Raton
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

Re: DTV button in the new Beosystem 3

BEO CARE provided the instructions:

Applies to BeoSystem 3 with built-in ATSC tuner only.

Factory default instructs DTV BUTTON on Beo4/5 to select the ATSC tuner connection from an outdoor antenna or a direct cable connection via F Connector # __? on BeoSystem 3.

If neither an outdoor antenna or a direct cable connection is to be used you can set up BeoSystem 3 so the DTV button will access one of the AV Inputs.

Touch MENU (if this takes you to “TV Setup Menu” skip the next step)

Touch MENU > takes you to “TV Setup Menu”

Scroll to “Options”

Touch the RED (not the red dot/STANDBY button) ARROW BUTTON, then immediately touch GO > takes you to “Customer Service Menu”

Scroll to “Adjustments” and touch GO

Scroll to “DVF”

Touch > BUTTON to select “Off”

Touch GO

Disconnect BeoSystem 3 from power and leave it disconnected for at least 30 seconds, then reconnect it to power. Putting BeoSystem 3 in Standby is not sufficient. It must be disconnected from power.

You can now go into the “Connections” menu and you will see “DTV” is available as an source button for the AV inputs.

Hope it helps somebody in the future! 

www.beoflorida.com
    Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)