in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-16-2012 3:59 PM by Blackrix. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-15-2012 12:14 PM

BeoCenter 7000 - stopped working and smells funny. ):

I recently acquired a BeoCenter 7000.  The first thing I did was turn on the turntable.  It has a new MMC20E, and the turntable sounded great.  Then, I tried the tape deck.  I heard some whirring, but it seemed like maybe the belts were broken, as the tape didn't move at all. The heads engaged and then disengaged. After about 10 seconds, I smelled what I think was some component smoking.  Argh!! I unplugged it, waitied a minute, and then plugged it back in.  Now, the record player won't work, the tape deck still doesn't work, and the radio doesn't work!!

Yikes! Anyone have an idea of what could have happened? I feel like maybe I fryed some component in the tape deck and that screwed up the whole thing.  I'm trying to figure out if I should take it in for repair (I know a good local shop that repaired by BeoGram 8002), or just sell the basically unused MMC20E and cut my losses.

Thanks in advance.

• 02-16-2012 3:59 PM In reply to

Re: BeoCenter 7000 - stopped working and smells funny. ):

The motor of your tapedeck might have some issues which probably caused a fuse to blow. Check fuse F2 on PCB3. This fuse is for the powersupply of the motor of the tapedeck but also for the 15V supply for several other functions of your BeoCenter. This would explain a lot. 

If the fuse is blown, don't start the tapedeck after you replaced the fuse! Try to turn the motor by hand to see if it has too much friction.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)