in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-18-2011 7:47 AM by stefan. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2011 6:03 PM

Expand existing system

Hello,

For the moment I have a BeoVision 7-40 with Beolab 7 speaker in a study room (Room1)

I would like to expand my system as following:

- Room2 : BeoSound 9000 with 2 x BeoLab 6002

- Room3: BeoSound 5, BeoMaster 5 and 2 x BeoLab 5

- Room4: BeoVision 10-40" with 2 x BeoLab 4

- Room5: BeoLab 3500

- Room6: BeoVision 7-55 with BeoLab 7-6

My questions are:

- Will I be able to listen to the harddrive of the BeoSound 5 in all the rooms ? 

- Will it be possible to listen to a CD played from te BeoSound 9000 in all the rooms ?

- Do I need extra speakers in Room4 or can I play the BeoSound9000-radio/CD also with the Beovion's integrated speakers ?

- If I run ML-cable to all components, together with UTP for futher use, a BeoLink network can be made ?

Thanks for your help !

• 03-18-2011 7:25 PM In reply to

Re: Expand existing system

You can listen to hard drive and net radio off BeoSound 5 in all rooms and listen to 9000 CD/radio in all rooms. You don't "need" the 4's - BS5 or 9000 can send source through integrated speaker in BV10. You should run Cat 7 wire to all sources, and fit with ML/PL baluns so to "future proof" your network.
  • 03-19-2011 9:55 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

The problem in your configuration are the two audiomasters. If you connect Beolabs to your BS9000 and to BS5, you have to set them up both as audiomasters. I `d recommend a music room (Room 3) with BS9000 connected digitally and Powerlink to BL5 and BS5 masterlinked to BS9000.

- Room 1: BeoVision 7-40 with Beolab 7 video link room V.OPT 6 access to all video- and audio sources

- Room2 : Beolink active with 2 x BeoLab 6002/BL11 audio link room L.OPT 6 access to all video- and audio sources

- Room3: BS9000, BS 5, BM 5 and 2 x BL 5 audio main room A.OPT 2 (BS5 set to NO AUDIOMASTER) access to all video- and audio sources

- Room4: BeoVision 10-40" video link room V.OPT 6 access to all video- and audio sources (you can listen to audio sources via BV10 speakers)

- Room5: BeoLab 3500 audio link room L.OPT 6 access to all video- and audio sources

- Room6: BeoVision 7-55 with BeoLab 7-6 video main room V.OPT 2 access to all video- and audio sources

- Should work

- Nice set up

BTW In this setup with three new TVs I would consider a HDMI matrix for video distribution...

Stefan

• 03-19-2011 10:12 AM In reply to

Thanks for your answer.

In practice, how easy will the system be to operate. How can I control the cd-player or the beosound 5 in room4 for example with a Beo4 ?

To be honest, I prefer not to have videolinks. Is there any way to have control of both BeoSound 9000 and BeoSound 5 in each room without videolink ?

What happens if 2 audiomasters are on 1 system ?

Or can I solve it by using an B&O Active in Room3 for use with the BeoLab5 and just use the BeoSound5 as a slave and thus not using the volume control wheel ?

• 03-19-2011 10:51 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

"In practice, how easy will the system be to operate. How can I control the cd-player or the beosound 5 in room4 for example with a Beo4 ?"

Just press CD, BS9000 will be activated, BV10 will start up in audio mode (speakers on, screen off), additional Beolabs will start up.

"To be honest, I prefer not to have videolinks. Is there any way to have control of both BeoSound 9000 and BeoSound 5 in each room without videolink ?"

So don`t use it. You save an RF link amplifier, cable, or an HDMI matrix.... And yes, sure, you can control all your audio sources in all link rooms.

"What happens if 2 audiomasters are on 1 system ?"

Two audiomasters in one masterlink system will be controlled simultaneously. You can set Your BS9000 (or BS5) up to A.OPT5 or 6, which means, this device is a local source and can only be accessed directly in that link room, whre it is installed.

"Or can I solve it by using an B&O Active in Room3 for use with the BeoLab5 and just use the BeoSound5 as a slave and thus not using the volume control wheel ?"

Not quite sure, but might work. So you control BS5 via BL active with Beo4, and maybe it`s possible to select music via BS5 wheel...(?)

The sad thing is, you can`t use the digital inputs of your BL5s.

Stefan

• 03-19-2011 11:17 AM In reply to

stefan:

"In practice, how easy will the system be to operate. How can I control the cd-player or the beosound 5 in room4 for example with a Beo4 ?"

Just press CD, BS9000 will be activated, BV10 will start up in audio mode (speakers on, screen off), additional Beolabs will start up.

"To be honest, I prefer not to have videolinks. Is there any way to have control of both BeoSound 9000 and BeoSound 5 in each room without videolink ?"

So don`t use it. You save an RF link amplifier, cable, or an HDMI matrix.... And yes, sure, you can control all your audio sources in all link rooms.

Ok, that's what I want.

So I need a B&O Active for the BeoLab5. How do I cable my setup ? Just ML and UTP to the units and PL to the speakers ?

And you suggest to make 1 room with the BeoSound 9000 and Beosound 5 ? 

Thanks for your help !

• 03-19-2011 11:39 AM In reply to

and optical spdif together with PL from BS9000 to BL5

Only problem is I think it will not be easy to find spdif cable on reel.

• 03-19-2011 2:16 PM In reply to

I think i'm confused with SPDIF, thinking this is Toslink.

Am I right that the digital connection on both the beosound 9000 and a beolab 5 is an RCA-plug ? In that case normale digital cable can be used. I just run 1 cable from the BS9000 to one BL5 and then also from the left to the right BL5.

Things are getting more clear day by day Big Smile

• 03-21-2011 8:52 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

BelgianEnth:

stefan:

Ok, that's what I want.

So I need a B&O Active for the BeoLab5. How do I cable my setup ? Just ML and UTP to the units and PL to the speakers ?

And you suggest to make 1 room with the BeoSound 9000 and Beosound 5 ? 

Thanks for your help !

If you are using a BL active you connect your Beolabs to Powerlink of the active. You control all your sources via BL active.

If you are "creating" a musicroom with BS900, BS5 and BL5 you masterlink the 9000 and BS5 and connect BL5 to Powerlink and spdif to your BS9000. That`s what I would do...

Stefan

• 03-21-2011 8:56 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

BelgianEnth:

I think i'm confused with SPDIF, thinking this is Toslink.

Am I right that the digital connection on both the beosound 9000 and a beolab 5 is an RCA-plug ? In that case normale digital cable can be used. I just run 1 cable from the BS9000 to one BL5 and then also from the left to the right BL5.

Things are getting more clear day by day Big Smile

Yes, digital connection BS9000 > BL5 have rca plugs. You can daisy chain bothe BL5s.

Stefan

• 03-21-2011 9:12 AM In reply to

If you are using a BL active you connect your Beolabs to Powerlink of the active. You control all your sources via BL active.

If you are "creating" a musicroom with BS900, BS5 and BL5 you masterlink the 9000 and BS5 and connect BL5 to Powerlink and spdif to your BS9000. That`s what I would do...

Stefan

after reading this very interesting forum for a weekend that's also my conclusion.

BUT, I have the following problems:

- Beosound 5 control is to be placed next to a Beovsion 7, this is next to the room where I will place the Beolab 5.

- all the rooms are somewhat in 1 very large open space with little walls between. I think I will have problems with the control and will have to use the IR-range reducers as used in the B&O stores.

Therefore, I'm planning:

Room 1 : Beovision 7-40 with Beolab 7 and BeoMaster 5 - BeoSound 5

Room 2 : Beolink Active with 2 x BeoLab 6000

Room 3 : BeoSound 9000 digital and Powerlinked with BeoLab 5 (but I will not buy the BeoLab's this year, so firstly no speakers connected to the BS9000)

Room 4 : BeoVision 10-40"

Room 5 : BeoLab 35000

Room 6 : BeoVision 7 or 8 with left and right speakers

Will all rooms have access to all the sources and control them ?

Control-problem is : Rooms 1, 2, 3 and 4 are in 1 large room with little walls. For example, the Beovision 10-40" is also visible in room 2. To solve this I will place the IR-eye of the Beolink active in a corner, out of sight of the Beovision 10-40.

Or is there an other solution ?

Thanks for all your help

• 03-21-2011 9:54 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

"- Beosound 5 control is to be placed next to a Beovsion 7, this is next to the room where I will place the Beolab 5."

BS5 is connected via three cables to BM5: USB - DVI - Power. I have 12m to BM5 and everything is working fine.

"- all the rooms are somewhat in 1 very large open space with little walls between. I think I will have problems with the control and will have to use the IR-range reducers as used in the B&O stores."

I wouldn`t use  IR range reducers. You can "modify" the IR reception of your units. For example I painted the IR glass of my BL2000 (on the backside!) black, so now the IR reception is reduced. You can also reduce IR range of Beo5/6 and the newer Beo4 (1710). You can also set zones (BV10-40?) to V.OPT 4, which means, that BV won`t rect to TV, CD...commands, but to LINK-TV, LINK-CD commands. Just press LINK before selecting mode (TV, CD...)

"Therefore, I'm planning:

Room 1 : Beovision 7-40 with Beolab 7 and BeoMaster 5 - BeoSound 5

Room 2 : Beolink Active with 2 x BeoLab 6000

Room 3 : BeoSound 9000 digital and Powerlinked with BeoLab 5 (but I will not buy the BeoLab's this year, so firstly no speakers connected to the BS9000)

Room 4 : BeoVision 10-40"

Room 5 : BeoLab 35000

Room 6 : BeoVision 7 or 8 with left and right speakers

Will all rooms have access to all the sources and control them ?"

Great setup. Yes, should work. Problem is Room 3: You won`t hear anything....this year...:) ">

maybe A8 help...? And be aware, that BS9000 switches automatically to A.OPT 0, when no PL speakers are connected. So, you can`t control anything from this room (this year) unless you connect a "dummy" Powerlink plug. Now you can change the option to A.OPT 1 or 2

"Control-problem is : Rooms 1, 2, 3 and 4 are in 1 large room with little walls. For example, the Beovision 10-40" is also visible in room 2. To solve this I will place the IR-eye of the Beolink active in a corner, out of sight of the Beovision 10-40."

See my comment above...but to my experience, placing IR eyes in a corner or hidden walls helps.

"Or is there an other solution ?"

The problem with Beo is, that there are a lot of options, especially when you have all that stuff you want to buy.....

Should work. Maybe you want to post a drawing of your rooms, that shows your planned installation?

Stefan

• 10-16-2011 4:40 AM In reply to

ok, I've finally decided what equipment I will use. The Beovision 7-40 and a Beovision 10-40 will be in a separate room, not linked because of no use and not possible for wiring.

Other linked rooms:

room1 : Beovision 10-32

room2 : Beosound 9000 with Beolab 9

room3 : BeoActive with Beolab 6002

room4 : Beolab 3500

Could you help me for setting up the ideal options ?

Tnx

• 10-16-2011 5:45 AM In reply to

I've made a drawing of the rooms

• 10-16-2011 3:30 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

BV7-40 V.OPT1

BV10-40 V.OPT 1

BV10-32 V.OPT 6 (2)

BS9000 A.OPT 1 (2)

BL active L.OPT 5 (6)

BL3500 L.OPT 5 (6)

I recommend to integrate BV7-40 as a videomaster in V.OPT 2. This will make it possible to access audio sources in TV lounge and in your BV10-40 room, if masterlinked and set to V.OPT 6.

In your setup it is important, that All IR receivers cannot see each other.

Hope this helps.

Stefan

• 10-17-2011 4:12 PM In reply to

Thanks for your help.

I've made the drawing more accurate. The Beosound 9000 is in sight of the BV7-40 remote control, therefore i'm thinking of using a B&O Active for the BL9-speakers. Is there another solution ?

For the 6002 speakers, what would you recommend for easy operating ? Is it possible to control this room by pointing the remote to the BV10-32 or is the active IR-eye necessary ?

I think because of the place of the BS9000 it is adviseable not to use the speaker outputs of the BS9000 and disable his IR, or am I wrong ?

regards,

• 10-18-2011 7:47 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

BelgianEnth:

Thanks for your help.

You`r welcome.

BelgianEnth:

I've made the drawing more accurate. The Beosound 9000 is in sight of the BV7-40 remote control, therefore i'm thinking of using a B&O Active for the BL9-speakers. Is there another solution ?

Yes. I thought about that solution too. But if your BS9000 is A.OPT 1 )audio only - for RADIO, CD, N.MUSIC...) and your BV7 V.OPT 1 (video only - for TV, DTV, DVD, V.MEM...) it should work. That`s why I suggested these options. Option 1 only respond to its "own" commands: Beovisions respond to video commands and not to audio sources, Beosounds vice versa. 

BS9000 with A.OPT 0 adding a BL active with IR eye and L.OPT 5 would be an alternative solution.

BelgianEnth:

For the 6002 speakers, what would you recommend for easy operating ? Is it possible to control this room by pointing the remote to the BV10-32 or is the active IR-eye necessary ?

Yes it is possible to control the dining area via BV10-32 with V.OPT 2 or 6, but I recommend an additional BL active for this 6002 area, because I see it as an extra zone, and it is possible to listen to BS9000 in the dining area and watch TV in the kitchen. I think it is easier to place the IR eye for reliable operation too. BTW if you are using the new Beo4 navi (1710) or Beo5/6 it is possible to reduce the IR range in the remote control.

It is also possible to reduce IR reception in your BS and BVs. I did that with my BL2000 in the kitchen. My BL2000 responded to IR commands from the living room, So I reduced the reception by gluing a small tape to the IR eye in the BL2000. It can`t be seen from outside.

It is also possible to use L.OPT 4 for the dining room. You have to add LINK to your Beo4. Press LIST - now LINK will be displayed - and then CD, RADIO...Now you can control the selected source as usual and no other zones will be affected.

Hope this helps.

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)