in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-27-2011 7:00 PM by Søren Mexico. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-25-2011 11:37 PM

Rewiring Audio Output PCB on Beogram TX (5653)

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

I don't know what all that crap is above my post but I can't get it to go away. Looks like CSS code. Anways, my post starts below:

I spent the last 12 hours disassembling and reassembling this table trying to fix a few tonearm issues and found it remarkable that not one of those times had I broken anything. Well this last time I reassembled it, there was no audio output. I could hear the output engaging and disengaging (a subtle pop noise through my speakers) as the arm drops and raises so I disassembled the table yet again and found that 3 wires had ripped from the solder joints on the omron audio output PCB. If it helps at all, the model is Omron G2V-2 12 VDC.
    I guess what I came here to find is either a wiring diagram, a picture of an already-wired PCB, or some other clue as to which wires go where.

Thank you to anyone to responds.

• 07-26-2011 3:55 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Re: Rewiring Audio Output PCB on Beogram TX (5653)

Welcome to Beoworld! you could trace the wires of course. The alternative is in becoming a gold member service manuals are available for download and and a very small cost considering you will have a fully functional and nice beogram, and be entered into monthly prize draws at the end of the process! ;-)

Olly.

• 07-26-2011 12:29 PM In reply to

Thanks.

I have a service manual already. As far as I can tell, there is no diagram of this output PCB in it. All I see is a scematic and a few diagrams of the main, large PCB.

Excuse my ignorance, but how would tracing the wires help me? None of them are labled and they cross each other on the way to the ribbon cable attached to the tonearm assembly.

Edit: The wires that got diconnected connect to a board under the tonearm which connects to a ribbon cable which connects to the tonearm assembly. The order of said wires on the ribbon cable baord does not appear to corrospond to the order on the output. Here's a picture:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7345145/image_uploads/beogram/2011-07-26_12-53-09_355.jpg

• 07-27-2011 2:13 AM In reply to

I decided to grab my balls and take a shot in the dark.. I went ahead and took my best guess at what went where and low and behold... it works! Sounds even better than before... although that might just be the sense of accomplishment Big Smile

For anyone wondering, the wires disconnected in the picture are two sets of two wires - one insulated (black) and one not insulated (white) on each. One of the sets still has it's black wire connected and the other set is completely disconnected. My best guess is that the insulated black wires are ground wires, and the white are signal wires. the two insulated wires go adjacent to each other on the one and only set of solder that are connected to each other, then the white goes off to the right on the remaining empty solder. Unfortunately, I don't have the necessary test records to see if my right and left are swapped but that's OK.

• 07-27-2011 4:49 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

I kind of see where you are coming from now, however there is enough information to complete the circuit correctly, by tracing from the flexible print, details of which are on page 5 of the service manual. The only issue is that the relay will have grounded both outputs and tied to each other so tracing with a meter would not be possible, however two ways round this would be to either slip some paper between the closed relay contacts OR if the output wires to the RCA's are colour coded that should be a good enough indication!

Anyway good to see you have sorted it. Might be worth checking you have things the right way round though!

Olly.

• 07-27-2011 11:04 AM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

treminaor:

Unfortunately, I don't have the necessary test records to see if my right and left are swapped but that's OK.

I don't have any test records either.  I just use a piece of music I'm very familiar with or have both on CD (or iPod) and LP.  For example, the initial cash register sounds on Pink Floyd's "Money" come from the right channel.

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 07-27-2011 7:00 PM In reply to

Symphony orchester music, strings are nearly always left channel.

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)