in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-23-2011 12:03 PM by Peter. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-18-2011 12:23 PM

beomaster 3000 and passive speakers ... more power needed?

Hi Forum,

I have a setup around a Beomaster 3000 receiver and want to connect 2 speakers with around 20w each to output set B and 2 speakers with around 40w each to output set A. I feel that this might drain to much power from the amp (though I hardly every pump up the volume to party level).  So I thought about leading the output from the Beomaster to a power stage before routing to the speakers.

Does anyone have recommendations on this? Will any power stage do? Should I place the power stage close to the Beomaster and go with the speaker wires from there (which I would prefer) ?

Or are my worries without reason?

Yours,

Ray 

• 05-18-2011 1:13 PM In reply to

Re: beomaster 3000 and passive speakers ... more power needed?

The Beomaster 3000 should be able to power two sets of speakers with little problem. Most music will actually use about 2 W with bonly the odd burst to higher levels.

• 05-18-2011 4:59 PM In reply to

You can connect some 100w speakers if you want. It's not a matter of the output of the speakers - it's a matter of the sensitivity of the speakers. Some speakers are easy to drive -some needs a more powerful amplifier.

• 05-19-2011 2:34 PM In reply to

Hi Steffen,

Sounds good! My main speakers are stored away right now so I cannot supply all data immediately. I will post it later...maybe you or somebody else will be able to judge from that data.

Thanks a lot so far,

Ray
  • 05-23-2011 7:31 AM In reply to

Okay everybody,

Here's an update on my speakers. I had them stored for a Year because of a larger Room renovation project, and it turns out I didn't remember their technical Data too well... ;-)

The speakers are IQ junior 300, nominal 100watts, max 160watts with a frequency range from 30-25000 Hz

Nothing really totally highend HiFi at all, but they did a decent job in my rooms.

Do you think, the BEOMASTER 3000 can handle those (and some cheapos from kenwood in the kitchen) without an additional power stage?

Yours

Ray

• 05-23-2011 12:03 PM In reply to

It should be no problem.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)