in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-19-2011 9:31 AM by Alsfeld. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-17-2008 12:31 PM

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

My old BS3000 (SW 1.2) will get a Softwareupdate. What's new after this?

Hi,

my old Beosound 3000 (SW 1.2, small clamper) goes to my dealer tomorrow for a softwareupdate. It's required because I want to use N.Music with a Beoport.

Can anyone tell me what "features" my BS3000 will have except the N.Music-functionality? Does it get PIN-Code etc.?

Thank you for your help

• 06-18-2008 3:20 AM In reply to

Re: My old BS3000 (SW 1.2) will get a Softwareupdate. What's new after this?

As far as I am aware, there are no additional features other than N-Music/N-Radio. I don't think you get pin code protection.

Certainly, I have had 3000's with N-Music and no pin code protection.

Please let us know if I am wrong!

Regards Graham

• 06-19-2008 3:46 AM In reply to

When your dealer updates your Beosound 3000 it is likely to be updated to at least version 3.1 which provided quite a lot of changes as follows:-

With the addition of Version 2.0 brought the new functions of N.MUSIC and N.RADIO to be used with BeoLink PC 2/Beoport.

The next major version update was to Version 2.12 which provided the following key fixes:-

• Timer play is executed periodically if a standby timer is activated
    • A chosen radio programme name does not appear when stepping to the programme ([P NO.] instead)
    • Storing or deleting a radio station will not result in [STORED] or [DELETE] appearing in display
    • Inserting Headphone provokes an RDS text display error
    • Asks for [P.NO 1?] when programming an N.MUSIC timer play
    • Displays [N.MUSIC] but no sound comes if another source is chosen on the Beoport
    • Enters standby when standby is pressed on a link room product if both products have N.MUSIC as source
    • No CD sound distribution to Beoport if N.MUSIC has been chosen
    • Blop in connected loudspeakers if TV has been selected from Beoport speakers and N.MUSIC is chosen on BS3000.

The final major release of software was Version 3.1 which provided the following major fixes:-

• Intermittently an A>>>B repeat is not executed
    • If << is used to go to the start of a CD and then GO the CD is paused
    • If STOP is pressed shortly after track step, the CD player may block until standby has been pressed.
    • User interaction Theft protection - BS3000/3200 locked and wrong indication on link room products.
    • Timer play and Theft protection - Avant is timer handler.
    • If the next CD random selected track is lower the unit plays a small piece of the next track was played.
    • BS3000 in theft protection mode sets BV1 to standby.
    • When RANDOM/EDIT is on you sometimes shortly hear the beginning of the next track - before track jump.
    • It's not possible to select previously stored radio station with digit after tuning is cancelled.
    • Missing a second in the first track of CD after editing.
    • Power down entered with timer running.
    • A second of the sound is missing when starting a CD track by keying in a digit.
    • Option 5 and 6 introduced

Regards Keith....

• 06-19-2008 8:29 AM In reply to

Is there a way to check the version my BS 3000 has?

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 06-19-2008 8:30 AM In reply to

How do I check the version my BS 3000 has?

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 06-19-2008 11:02 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

thank you for the detailed info! This is somehting I miss on B&O products, I think there would be so much "hacking" possible ;-)

What about the Pin-Code-Feature? How can I check IF I have this feature when my baby's back at home and how do I use it?

I'm so excited :-)

• 06-25-2008 2:01 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Good evening, so, my Beosound 3000 is back with version 2.x

There is NO Pin-Code-Feature but N.Music works now. I've just tested it with BMLink for Mac and the BS3000 shows artist or album name :)

I'm going to check features as soon as it is  connected to a PC  for the  music.

What scared me at first:

After plugging in the BS3000 the light just lit up for a second and then nothing happened ... after a few seconds the standby-indicator came up. Is  that normal?!

• 03-19-2011 9:31 AM In reply to

I have a Beosound 3000 with serial no. 1554xxxx, currently on sw 2.0.

Is it possible to upgrade it to Software 3,1 (I would like to move my Beosound 3000 to a link room therefore I need Option 6)?

Or is there a limit by 2,12?

Besides the Software Update do I have to change other parts of the Beosound 3000 (like CD interface)?

Thank you for your help.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)