in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-14-2011 7:42 AM by ajames. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-13-2011 3:09 PM

Avant not working correctly with Sky HD

I have an Avant and various Beovision 6's throughout the house. We have a Sky HD box and Sky + box. The entire system has been working perfectly for years. However, the Avant has recently stopped controlling the Sky HD box. The IR cable is plugged in (to the Avant) and the Sky + box is controlling through the avant however, the Sky HD box is not responding to the remote on the Avant.

The Sky HD is controllable from the Beovision 6's.

It does appear that the IR cable on the avant is failing or the Avant has lost the settings that work the Sky HD box, it currently set to '40 Pace Sky +'. However, the Sky + is being controlled from the Avant therefore, the IR cable must be doing something!

Very confused and have no idea what I should now try. I have a feeling that calling B&O out will just result in a bill and not necessarily solve the problem!

Filed under:
  • 02-13-2011 5:32 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Re: Avant not working correctly with Sky HD

Try powering off thye whole system, Sky boxes included. Give it a couple of minutes then power up again. It sounds a bit cliched but you would be amazed how often this cures a multitude of problems.

It costs nothing to try and just might work.

I would suggest that the STB emitter is causing the problem but if that was the case, the BeoVision6's would have the same problem.

Opman

• 02-14-2011 7:42 AM In reply to

Re: Avant not working correctly with Sky HD

I agree with the powering off - also the other I noticed is that sometimes going into setup, sources and assigning the  boxes again can get everything going.

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)