in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-17-2011 3:45 PM by dingofarmer. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-27-2010 8:12 PM

SMMC4 and a broken heart

I was able to find a SMMC4 locally through Craigslist. Owners tT had internal issues, that the cart did not fix. Now I hooked it up and am getting some noticeable distortion in the right channel. I noticed that the lever was to natuaraly sit a little to the side, the suspension seems to be fine, possibly sat on its side for quite some time. is there a way to get the lever to sit centered, or is this cart jacked? you can put very slight reverse preasure that it will straighten out, but will eventually return to off center. What is the difference in the tracking force between a SMMC4 and a mmc4? The seller told me that I can get refunded, if it does not work, as it has been sitting in the original box for 4 years.

• 09-28-2010 1:50 AM In reply to

Re: SMMC4 and a broken heart

Get a refund - this one sounds broken.

• 10-01-2010 6:32 AM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

If the needle is not centred, it is very clearly a suspension failure.

If you did not pay a lot for it, you may not want to return it, but keep it, and send it to Axel in Germany for rebuilding to better than new condition.

In many cases it is the smart thing to do - buy a used cartridge for a little money, and send it for rebuilding.

Menahem

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 01-17-2011 3:45 PM In reply to

I was able to get a refund and am now waiting on a new one from SS. Thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)