in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-14-2011 10:13 PM by TripEnglish. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-03-2011 3:33 PM

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Connecting my Iphone to a Beosound 3

I'm looking at a way of listening to my Iphone with its radio app, but through a Beosound 3 with its SD card slot(it has no mic)!

Is there a cable, be it Apple or USB that can then directly connect into a SD card slot to play music to the player?

I have been looking high and low and cannot find a solution so any help appreciated. I don't want a full blown system just something i can personally listen to at home and away. Basically turning a Beosound 3 into an Iphone speaker. I don't listen to FM at all now so that buggers everything up!

Regards

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 01-03-2011 4:12 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Connecting my Iphone to a Beosound 3

Pretty sure that no one makes a cable like the one you mention. Think there has been a thread before that mentioned the same thing. Something that would has a jack plug at one end, and the other fits into the SD slot. It would then covert the music on the fly as it were. You could try one of those FM transmitters that plug into the headphone socket. They have several frequency settings. You choose the one you want, then tune the BS3 to the frequency.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-03-2011 4:33 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

I've used one of those FM transmitter things so my kids could play their ipods through a BS3.  In the US, it's called an iTrip, and it plugs into the wide slot on the iPod, and is powered by the iPod.  I recall there being some discussion about different laws around the world with respect to home FM transmitters.  This works OK as long as there's open frequencies... and the flat top of the BS3 makes a nice spot to lay down your iPod.

Stan

• 01-03-2011 4:45 PM In reply to

What about a wifi enabled SD Card? Gould this be an Option? Annone tried?

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 01-03-2011 6:28 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Some great ideas, thank you.

I think i'll try the FM tramsmitterYes -  thumbs up

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 01-03-2011 7:12 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

The one that I saw was made by Belkin. It was powered by one or two AA batteries.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-03-2011 9:03 PM In reply to

Putting a headphone jack instead of an Aux input on this thing is among the stupidest decisions ever. And I mean in the world, ever. Not just in B&O products. It will go down in history. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-03-2011 9:20 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

chris:

Basically turning a Beosound 3 into an Iphone speaker. I don't listen to FM at all ...

... you're not using any of the key features of your BSd 3 - simply sell it and buy either
    a BeoSound 8 or a pair of BeoLab 4-PC + an adapter cable to connect your iPod/Phone/Pad 

• 01-04-2011 4:05 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

An FM transmitter for £10, or a Beosound 8 for £800Hmm

• 01-04-2011 4:45 AM In reply to

Imagine if the BeoSound 3 had this connection panel. It's from the "comparable" Audio Pro Porto, which came out at the same time as the BS3, but which also came with an iPod dock and a remote control. Sometimes, B&O deselection could be served by some reselection:

I suspect the S-Video port is due to Audio Pro's designer having an old video camera he liked to hook up when showing home movies ... Big Smile

But two Line-In and a Sub out is not bad.

• 01-04-2011 5:32 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Its so frustrating, as this is hardly new technology. 

Thanks for postingYes -  thumbs up

• 01-14-2011 4:35 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

I have sorted this problem out very easily by buying an Iphone fm transmitter for £5 from Amazon. Tunein radio app, select station, attach transmitter, tune in Beosound 3 to transmitter frequency and hey presto a Beosound 3 with 5000 stations!

• 01-14-2011 5:48 PM In reply to

Funny how 40 years ago they figured out an AUX port in a portable was useful....

• 01-14-2011 10:13 PM In reply to

They also seem to have forgotten how attractive wood grain is when applied to sleek modern products.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)