in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-11-2010 3:59 PM by Luke Spadavecchia. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-09-2010 1:47 PM

MCL2 connection options with a beomaster 5500: Sensor connector?

Dear all,

Sorry for what must be a very basic question. I have a beomaster 5500 that I would like to connect up to my two extra speaker kits. It seems from the MCL2 manual that I have two options:

1. Use one of the four 7 pin Din connections (most sensibly Aux) to connect to the MCL2

2. Wire up two proprietary (non-DIN standard) connectors from the speaker 2 connections to the MCL2

Unforutnately I am using all four 7 pin connectors for components, and I can't find the 3 pin connectors anywhere.

I was thinking I might be able to make use of the 6 pin DIN sensor connector somehow, but unfortunately I can't find pin out information for this connector anywhere. Does anyone know what the pin outs are for this, and if they meet the requirements of the MCL2 (signal left, ground left, signal right, ground right, DC supply, datalink, shield)? The sensor connector has 12V 10ma printed next to it - is this compatible with the MCL2 power requirements?

Many thanks for your advice, with best wishes

Luke

• 12-09-2010 3:00 PM In reply to

Re: MCL2 connection options with a beomaster 5500: Sensor connector?

To use the Xtra speaker kits, you need to attach to Speaker 2. Your dealer should be able to get the correct cable for you. Suprisingly, B&O cable is not unreasonably priced! Big Smile

• 12-11-2010 3:59 PM In reply to

Re: MCL2 connection options with a beomaster 5500: Sensor connector?

Many thanks for the prompt reply; I'm not too worried about the cable - I have access to suitable speaker wire, shielded data cable and 8v power cable; it's the connection to the amplifier that ir posing the problem. Do B&O still produce their 3 pin legacy speaker connectors for the speaker 2 socket (labelled 7220288 in the MCL handbook, page 4)?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)