in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-09-2010 6:58 PM by Churchyardd. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-08-2010 3:01 PM

• Churchyardd
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-25-2010
    • Deventer, Netherlands
    • Posts 31
    • Bronze Member

Beo4 does not respond to keys

Hi all,

Maybe somebody can help me out with this: My beo4 responds very poor to the keys suddenly

The display is fine and I can switch to V-tape and A-tape and some more (althought the TV does not react). But then I cannot switch to TV back anymore; the display does not react and neither the TV.

Or, to put it in another way: the TV does not react to any key at all, but the remote's display reacts to some keys. I stripped the thing to PCB board level and removed the keypad, cleaned it and so on, but to no avail. It is clear that when I press the buttons directly with my fingernails, the reaction is the same; so either the keypad (i mean the soft see-through thing underneath the rubber keys) is broken or the connection to the microprocessor is malfunctioning.

Is anybody familiar with this?

Kind regards,

Bart

P.s it is not a battery issue.

• 09-09-2010 5:20 PM In reply to

Re: Beo4 does not respond to keys

The whole 'inside' is sold as 1 unit from B&O, so if it still looks good (housing and keypad) you could order the pcb with the keypad-foil.

What type is it ?? the dvd version seems to be more of a troublemaker (with the things you describe) than the old av version.

• 09-09-2010 6:58 PM In reply to

• Churchyardd
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-25-2010
    • Deventer, Netherlands
    • Posts 31
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beo4 does not respond to keys

Thanks,

I have the DVD version. I will contact my B&O dealer about a new PCB.

Regards, Bart

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)