in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-03-2010 6:38 AM by folkdeejay. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-22-2010 8:05 AM

Beovision Avant 28" Sky HD? 5.1 Surround Sound ?

Hi,

As a newbie on here, firstly let me thank you for taking the time to read and advise.

I am now on my second Beovision Avant 28" and am delighted that I managed to hunt down a low hour example. I am extremely pleased with the picture and sound that the tv gives and was having thoughts about trying to harness these qualities.

I had read somewehre that the Avant would accept the early models of the Thomson Sky HD box , is this true ? and if so will it enhnce the already stunning picture or is the imporvement negligable?

On a second note. I was looking at the purchase of a 5.1 system to compliment the great sound I get from the Avants active system.

Am I right in assuming that I would not require the "sub woofer" part of the 5.1 system and would only require the smaller speakers ? If this is the case can anyone suggest a manufacturer or indeed a system that would suit the sound of the avant.

I have purchased the 5.1 Dolby card for my avant and am aware that I dont want to cheapen the sound with a lower grade speaker system.

If the above is not possible, is it possible to purchase a B&O speaker that can be teamed with the Avant to keep the great sound going.

Thank you in advance   Big Smile

• 07-22-2010 8:40 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision Avant 28" Sky HD? 5.1 Surround Sound ?

Hi,

I have a couple of these - superb image - helped by being smallish, in fact.

One one I have Blab 6000 at the fron, blab 4000 at the rear, and it is a stunning sound/picture combination. 

I have a SKY HD box - obviously no HD connection - but on the basis that a higher level of picture quality arrives, it is still worth doing, imo. Bigger hard drive too.

Rather like the Hi-fi idea of the best source you can find, then use the best amp, then speakers - in that order of priority.

Enjoy it.

DJ

• 07-28-2010 6:16 AM In reply to

Dj

Thanks for the info.

Can I just connect the speakers with normal cable or do I need connectors?

I will take a look and see what I can find on the good old ebay.

Many Thanks

• 08-03-2010 6:38 AM In reply to

Just use a decent, fully wired scart, into an RGB supporting scart input on the avant.

DJ

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)