in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-17-2010 11:44 AM by Vienna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-16-2010 7:25 AM

BeoCenter 2 line out : anyone managed to make it work??

Hi, I gave up trying to get any sound output on these "line out" phono outputs on the socket unit of BeoCenter 2, and am now using the "aux out" phono socket, however can anyone tell me how the line out is supposed to work/be activated? Is it because I have a Powerlink plug inserted? Or is it only working when activating "DVD" on Beo4?

Sometimes I wonder why B&O work so hard when they think about the user interface, because eventually you would like it to be on at all times..Angry

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 07-16-2010 3:31 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoCenter 2 line out : anyone managed to make it work??

Chrisreunion:

Sometimes I wonder why B&O work so hard when they think about the user interface,
    because eventually you would like it to be on at all times..Angry

*g* ... reading the user guide somtimes helps ...

BeoCenter 2 Guide – Socket Unit - page 7

Audio/Video connection without a 21-pin AV cable …

If your television is not equipped with an 21-pin AV socket,
    you can still connect it to the music system.

This applies only if your BeoCenter 2 is equipped with DVD!

> Connect the CTRL socket on the Socket unit to the CTRL socket on your television.

> Connect the S-VIDEO socket on the Socket unit to the S-VIDEO socket on your television.

> Connect the VIDEO socket on the Socket unit to the VIDEO socket on your television.

> Connect the DIG.OUT socket on the socket unit to the digital input on your television.

> Connect the LINE OUT R and L socket for right and left channel audio output on the
       socket unit to the R and L sockets on your television.

PS: checked the line-outs on a BS2/DVD, they work - no volume control and regardless 
           PL beeing plugged in or not

• 07-17-2010 5:13 AM In reply to

Well, I could read the same lines in the user guide, that doesn't say if it is only activated for DVD playback or not.. What is the purpose of a line output if it only works on some sources and in some setups? The rest of the world manufacturers just make the line output as it should be, why limiting it to a connection to a TV?!Sad

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 07-17-2010 11:44 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

The purpose af all these RCA/Cinch sockets at the DVD version is offering an alternative way
    to connect to a TV/Surround Sound Amp - for those markets (e.g. US) where SCART is not used.

There exist(ed) two versions of BC2 :

a "full" DVD/CD + Radio version and an "Audio Only" CD + Radio version (BC2 AU)
    ("Audio Only" is beeing/will be discontinued during this summer)

The difference has always been the Socket Unit - the master panel is identical - 
    a DVD transport is being used for both versions - as far as I know.

My "test" was extremly simple - loading a CD to a BC2-DVD version, connecting a pair of active
    (computer) speakers with built in volume control to the "Line Outs" and pressing "Disc" on the
    master unit of the BC2 ...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)