in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-29-2010 9:24 AM by s0235400. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-28-2010 1:11 PM

DVD2 and non B&O TV

Hi B&O fans,

Just a simple question:

Is it possible to use DVD2 with non B&O TV set?

Thanks a lot,
    Alexander

Filed under: ,
  • 04-29-2010 7:56 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Re: DVD2 and non B&O TV

Can only speak for the DVD1 and the answer is yes. Of course it depends on what you mean by the word 'use'.

The DVD1 will certainly operate connected via scart and using the front controls, the 'play button' capable of pausing the disc also, but it cannot be operated via a B&O remote as the signal goes via the B&O TV.

I don't know whether a universal remote can be programmed to operate both the non B&O TV and the DVD1 but if as I suspect the DVD1 has no in-built remote receiver sensor then that may be a problem.

I have no reason to believe that the above doesn't apply to the DVD2, BUT I don't really know!

• 04-29-2010 9:21 AM In reply to

Thank you Kokomo!

I've digged out in the earlier posts on this forum that DVD2 doesn't have inbuild IR receiver either.

Also there is no controls except of 'Load'.

Thus strictly speaking is is possible to connect it to TV and mains and insert a disk it DVD2 might start show a movie (if it's primary role is DVD, rather than HDR).

But, there is no way to stop movie or to switch DVD2 off except of disconnect from mains which is nasty!

There is very small theoretical chance to send a signal from stand along B&O IR eye directly to DVD2 SCART connector.

This is a chalenge to realy techy B&O fans! - What do you think about it?

Best regards,
    Alexander

• 04-29-2010 9:24 AM In reply to

Sorry, of cause there is a way to stop a movie - to press 'Load' again.

I meant there is no way to switch DVD2 of or to put it into stand by except of disconnecting from mains.

Regards,
    Alexander

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)