in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-15-2009 3:55 PM by Dillen. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-15-2009 3:33 PM

Beomaster 8000 cannot start up properly

Hi Beoworld!

I recently I bought a defective beomaster 8000, which I thought I could get up and running. But I ran into some problems.

When plugged in, it would start in standby mode, and after 5-20 seconds slowly start to show random weak lights in the display (turning the tuning wheel would brighten up the display). After a cleaning of the connectors inside the master, the display now reads this when powered up:

0.0    0      00

The unit doesn't react to anything.

One of the reasons of this behavior is somewhere in the the 5V supply or the computerboard. All the voltages in the power supply seem to be correct if the microcomputerboard(9) is disconnected. But when the microcomputerboard is connected to the rest of the system, the 5V drops to 2,5 V.

After having spent quite some time trying to locate the fault, I would apreciate if anyone here on beoworld has an idea of where the problem could be.

Thank you

Søren

Filed under:
  • 12-15-2009 3:55 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beomaster 8000 cannot start up properly

Not a simple machine to work on if you are not an experienced tech guy, and even if that.
    Check all solder joints, especially at the board connectors.
    Check that the continuity of the interconnects between the display and processor boards
    are all fine. Essential signals pass through some of them (not only display signals).
    Replace electrolytic capacitors. A kit exists for this.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)