in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-09-2009 8:40 AM by tournedos. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-09-2009 7:59 AM

Beomaster 900F Stereo Radio

I have nearly completed the restoration of my inherited 900F Radio. I have one problem wit it that I was hoping that someone in the forum might be able to answer. I have intalled two lamps at either end of the dial to light up the dial which work fine. Ther is also a lamp which is for the stereo operation. This lamp has burnt out twice now. What voltage does this lamp have to be?? The other two lamps are 6v but a 6v stereo lamp just blows. There is a very big resitor in series with the lamp. What does this have to be? Might this drop the voltage for this lamp and hence it has blown??? Any help, Pictures or diagrams would be most helpfull!!

Dave

• 11-09-2009 8:40 AM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 900F Stereo Radio

Hi Dave,

there should be no such thing as a 900F so I presume you mean either M or K - anyway, the chassis is the same.

The dial lamps are originally type 8024, which is 6.3V, but the stereo indicator lamp is supposed to be 19V / 100 mA. A 6 volt bulb will definitely burn out there! The 47 ohm / 1W series resistor belongs there. Don't use a bulb with a higher current rating since then the switching transistor of the stereo decoder (if you have one) will be in danger.

If you have trouble finding a 19V bulb, 24V/0.1A bulbs should be easily available and will work fine, just a little dimmer.

A service manual is on site for silver and gold members, but it may not be that useful - there were a lot of different variations of the 900 and the only schematic you can trust was put in an envelope inside your Beomaster at the factory. Some people have an annoying habit of removing them... Sad

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)