in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-19-2007 8:07 AM by Peter. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-19-2007 6:45 AM

• andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • weston-super(!)-mare
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

beolink converter question

hello beopeeps

i have a Avant/overture/mx/lab2000 system in my house, so its all Master Link, i also have a passive set of speakers and an IR eye ( long story!), now if i bought a Beolink Passive i could run the system...nice and easy, except that passives are expensive for what i want to do and rare ( although there is onr on ebay at the moment)

now, i also have an MCL2P ( thx Peter), so, my question ( eventually) is that can i connect a Beolink converter to the ML system..followed in series by a MCL2P..followed by IR followed by a pair of cx `s.......or will it work but with no control via the IR ??

thanks

andym

• 06-19-2007 7:09 AM In reply to

Re: beolink converter question

What you need is actually a Beolink Active and run the Powerlink cable to the MCL2P and thence to the speakers. The MCL2P is simply an amplifier so you do need a control box - later ones do have connection for an IR eye but I don't think yours does!
  • 06-19-2007 7:21 AM In reply to

• andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • weston-super(!)-mare
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

Peter

thanks, so if i buy a beolink "active" that should do it ??, and i can plug my IR into the active ??

andy

• 06-19-2007 8:07 AM In reply to

The Beolink active is a control box and an IR eye. It is effectively a small pre-amplifier as it has the volume and tone controls built in so these can be operated independently of the main room. It will accept a ML connection and has a Powerlink out so that you can connect either active speakers or a MCL2P and passive speakers.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)