in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-31-2009 9:30 AM by Dillen. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-08-2007 2:34 PM

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Beogram 1000 speed problems

Today I decided to get my BG1000 up and running. My idea was to make one working one form the 2 non working ones I have. First fault was with the Micro Switch. Fixed that and all it is working perfectly. Fitted a working cartridge and fired it up. Now I know BG1000's tend to run slow due to the motor grease drying up. This one runs fast, checked that it is selecting the correct speed which it is. For some reason it just runs fast. Set on 33RPM it takes around 52 Seconds to do 33 revolutions. Checked the value of the white Ceramic resistor and that is also O.K.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 11-08-2007 2:46 PM In reply to

Re: Beogram 1000 speed problems

Have you played with the fine speed control?
  • 11-08-2007 3:00 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Yes Peter I have but it does not seem to much difference.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 11-08-2007 3:07 PM In reply to

It often gets stuck!! I would try some vigorous twizzling!! Big Smile
  • 11-09-2007 8:54 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Peter your assumption is correct. Now in the process of swapping the one from the other Beogram.

CraigSmile

• 02-08-2008 2:32 PM In reply to

Craig, I did pretty much the same with two Beogram 4004s. The working one is running a few percent faster. I'm guessing 10 to 15% faster.

Did you ever figure out what was wrong???

Likewise frustrated with speed

Steen 

• 02-12-2008 5:50 AM In reply to

Hi there,

I have also just combined two 1000's into one, and all is working fine except that the turntable takes a while to get up to running speed. Once it's warmed up it works flawlessly but after an hour or so it requires a warm up again.

Is this the motor grease problem you mentioned? And if so can anything be done about it?

All the best,

Andrew 

• 08-31-2009 9:00 AM In reply to

Hi Craig and anyone else following this problem

I have just inherited the Beomaster 1200 with the Beogram1000 type 5202 in it. Unfortunately the turntable runs too fast in all table speeds. I have checked voltages, the input voltage is 255V (house voltage) and the output to the motor is 16V rather than the required 14V. That is why it is running too fast, the problem is why. I have checked several resistors, the 1k ones all seem ok but a couple of the 22k (namely 16&17 on the pcb circuit diagram) only show 8.8k. I am thinking that this could be the reason. Any thoughts out there???

Could I place a potentiometer (varisistor) to take the voltage down from 16V to 14V - everything else seems to work ok?

The above might seem a little technical but I am a complete techno weeb really so easy english please.

thanks for your support

Keith

• 08-31-2009 9:30 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Keith,

Welcome to Beoworld !   Yes -  thumbs up

Your Beogram 1000 has a one-phase AC motor, running directly from mains.
    Its speed depends on the mains frequency rather than voltage.
    Check that your Beogram's mains frequency matches the actual in your area (50 or 60Hz).
    The electronic board you are measuring on, are the preamplifier section.
    The motor acts as a transformer for the electronics power supply so a too high voltage on the board
    could be caused by the motor running too fast.
    So the motor supplies voltage to the board - not the other way around !
    I wouldn't worry about 14 or 16V however, it's a very "friendly" amplifier.
    If the mains frequency matches, check the speed fine adjustment = the little black fingerwheel inside the
    speed changing knob. See if rotating it changes anything at all.
    Maybe the speed setting mech. has seized, this is very common especially if unused for longer periods.

The resistors measuring too low, I suppose, are still in circuit. This means that you are measuring not only that one
    resistor but several other things on the board that the resistor connects to - and some of the things that they in turn
    connect to aso.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)