in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-11-2009 4:56 AM by TWG. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-05-2009 1:43 AM

Can't access copied CDs on BeoSound 5

Hello,

a few months ago I had my new BeoSound 5 installed and all worked well, also the connection with the Comupter (PC, with Windows Vista). For a while now I have the problem that I can copy new CDs on the BeoMaster (via BeoPlayer), but I cannot access them on BeoSound and in BeoPlayer they only show up under "Folders" and not under "Artists" or "Albums". After copying the CDs with BeoPlayer I can see the CD on BeoMaster (network drive), but somehow I cannot access them with the BeoPlayer or via the BeoSound 5 machine.

Anybody come across this problem?

Any advise would be highly appreciated.

Gerald

Filed under: ,
  • 08-05-2009 10:15 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Re: Can't access copied CDs on BeoSound 5

Hello Gerald,

perhaps a stupid question but did  you try to reboot the Beosound 5?

And do you see the recently copied CDs on the Beosound 5 (NOT the network drive, directly when using the wheels on the BS 5)?

Do you have another Computer with e.g. Windows XP or Mac OS X installed to test if it's the computer?

• 08-05-2009 1:31 PM In reply to

I did reboot (more than once), which did not change the issue and I also tried it from another computer (with XP). And I cannot see recently copied CDs on the BeoSound 5 - I can only see it on the network drive.

• 08-06-2009 11:12 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Did the files go into the wrong folder on the Beomaster? Could that possible? Do you see in which folder on the network drive your music is stored?

• 08-06-2009 11:43 AM In reply to

The new files are in the "Music" folder - just like the CDs I transferred a few weeks ago - no differences to be detected.

• 08-06-2009 3:22 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Do you have an USB mouse?

If yes: Plug it into the Beomaster USB Port. Enter service menu (on the Beosound 5 controller press: < < > > Go) and select service mode or service desktop (I'm in the office actually, I don't know the correct name ;-)).

After this you'll enter Windows Desktop (that's why you'll need the mouse). Please have a look inside your music folder on the drive named "Data" -> \Bmshare\music.

Is your recently copied music inside that folder? And is it realy(!) the music file or a ghost file from indexing the harddrive on your host computer which has another file extension!?

• 08-06-2009 6:56 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

TWG:

Do you have an USB mouse?

If yes: Plug it into the Beomaster USB Port. Enter service menu (on the Beosound 5 controller press: < < > > Go) and select service mode or service desktop (I'm in the office actually, I don't know the correct name ;-)).

After this you'll enter Windows Desktop (that's why you'll need the mouse). Please have a look inside your music folder on the drive named "Data" -> \Bmshare\music.

Is your recently copied music inside that folder? And is it realy(!) the music file or a ghost file from indexing the harddrive on your host computer which has another file extension!?

It's as simple and intuitive as that!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 08-11-2009 3:08 AM In reply to

Thanks for those hints, but this does not solve the problem. All the files and folders are in the right place on the Windows Desktop that I have accesed via the BeoSound 5. And there are not ghost files, they are all there with all their bits and bytes.

Any more ideas?

Gerald

• 08-11-2009 4:56 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Perhaps there's s.th. wrong with the file attributes? 

Right click on one of the unaccessible files: Are they marked with "System", "Locked" or s.th. like that?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)