in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-23-2009 5:30 PM by vikinger. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-23-2009 5:19 AM

FM aerial for Beomaster 1200/ 1001

I am looking for the FM aerial that plugs into the rear of the 1200/ 1001 (two pronged telescopic).  (Two aerials really needed, one for each!)

Alternatively, has anyone successfully converted the base of a similar modern aerial to fit the plug-in mount on the back of these receivers?

I rely on an external coax aerial, but these receivers look so much better (to me) with that twin telescopic set-up!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 07-23-2009 5:35 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: FM aerial for Beomaster 1200/ 1001

I agree!
    I had difficulty getting one with that plug until I visited Craig in Birmingham, who kindly gave me one for nowt. Left HugCraig
    The Rabitt Ear aerial is still available from Dealers, at about £20-£25, but has a coax type connector. I know it's not an ideal situation, but you can cut off the plug, and push the bare wires into the socket, holding them in place by a small piece of a match or cocktail stick.
    The mounting device is the same on both models.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-23-2009 6:15 AM In reply to

Some B&O aerials are still sold by B&O dealers. Have you tried ringing one?

Alternatively keep using the external coax and add a nice looking dual-telescopic aerial for cosmetic effect only!

Simon

• 07-23-2009 6:18 AM In reply to

Andy  just rendered my last post entirely redundant while I was still typing it!

Simon

• 07-23-2009 6:38 AM In reply to

wirralsimon:

Andy  just rendered my last post entirely redundant while I was still typing it!

Simon

Thanks Simon. I think Andy has had too much speed typing practice on Wednesday nights!

Modern (non B&O) telescopics are cheap and abundant, but usually have a largish freestanding base. If I can't get the genuine article i will probably take a chance on trying a conversion.

Graham

• 07-23-2009 6:42 AM In reply to

Jandyt:

I agree!
    I had difficulty getting one with that plug until I visited Craig in Birmingham, who kindly gave me one for nowt. Left HugCraig
    The Rabitt Ear aerial is still available from Dealers, at about £20-£25, but has a coax type connector. I know it's not an ideal situation, but you can cut off the plug, and push the bare wires into the socket, holding them in place by a small piece of a match or cocktail stick.
    The mounting device is the same on both models.

Andy T.

Andy,

If all else fails do you have a photograph of the base of the genuine B&O aerial (so that any conversion I make doesn't look too dissimilar to the real thing?)

Graham

• 07-23-2009 11:21 AM In reply to

Funny how tastes differ - I need one of these aerials on any of my Beomasters like I need a pair of antlers on my head! Laughing

(unfortunately I don't have any of these antennae, otherwise I'd send them to you, Graham Wink )

-mika

• 07-23-2009 11:46 AM In reply to

Pretty sure you can still get the correct plugs - just been given one by Frede and I bought an ribbon aerial with the correct two pin plug from a radio shop not that long ago. I probably have a telescopic aerial somewhere if you cannot find a plug though. I would not use a rabbit ear aerial personally.

• 07-23-2009 5:30 PM In reply to

tournedos:

Funny how tastes differ - I need one of these aerials on any of my Beomasters like I need a pair of antlers on my head! Laughing

(unfortunately I don't have any of these antennae, otherwise I'd send them to you, Graham Wink )

Peter :

Pretty sure you can still get the correct plugs - just been given one by Frede and I bought an ribbon aerial with the correct two pin plug from a radio shop not that long ago. I probably have a telescopic aerial somewhere if you cannot find a plug though. I would not use a rabbit ear aerial personally.

Thanks Mika. These receivers look good (in my opinion) when tilted forward with those very 70's looking antlers aerials.

Peter, thanks for your offer. I only intend to use the rabbit aerial to complete the look (and to fill the vacant socket): in reality I will continue with reception from an external aerial and coax cable. Can I come back to you in a week or two if nothing else materialises?
    Graham

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)