in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-02-2009 7:41 AM by OKA. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-27-2009 11:48 PM

• OKA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-03-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 15
    • Bronze Member

Integration between DVB-HD and HDR

In the DVB-HD guide, which is the program menu, there is a red icon for recording. When you press it, you are directed to a recorder menu, still on the DVB-HD, not on the HDR.

Here the start and stop time for the selected program is filled in, so you can just accept it, or modify it, if you want.

The program name will appear in the HDR content list automatically. It is possible to record a HD program, but as the SCART connecter is used, it will only be of standard quality.

The aerial connector is not used on the HDR.  

So it is a really nice set up, only let down by the limitation of the HDR, because of the SCART connection.

• 05-28-2009 7:41 AM In reply to

Re: Integration between DVB-HD and HDR

Hi,

I have the new 8-40 with the DVB-HD tuner. I noticed the possibility to "record" from the program guide. I do not have HDR1 or 2 and therefore I assume I can't benefit from my new 8-40 in this respect. Do you have HDR1 or 2? 

Isn't the problem at present that you can't watch and record different (digital) channels at the same time, since the tuner inside HDR1 and 2 is analog?

This is the reason I was planning to wait until B&O incorporates the same DVB-HD tuner inside the HDR2 as well.

• 05-28-2009 8:43 AM In reply to

• OKA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-03-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 15
    • Bronze Member

I have a HDR1 upgraded to 250 GB. I think it makes it the equivalent of a HDR2, except for the box.

You are right in that you can not record and watch different channels.

I have had the HDR1 for some time and has not used it much, so I was pleasantly surprised that it had such a good integration and  I could use it at all with HD signals, but of course only in standard quality.

Yes, it would be nice with a HD quality recorder, does it exist from any of the major brands and if it does, what about the card reader from the program provider. I would not like to have to buy two cards.

• 05-28-2009 11:38 AM In reply to

How about pausing the live TV? 

Do you need to "pair" the BV8 and HDR1 or do they just work together as you expained when connected to BV8-40?

Is the "Record" - button in Beo4 in use?

• 06-02-2009 7:41 AM In reply to

• OKA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-03-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 15
    • Bronze Member

>Isn't the problem at present that you can't watch and record different (digital) >channels at the same time, since the tuner inside HDR1 and 2 is analog?

Yes, that is true

>How about pausing the live TV? 

I do not think that it works

>Do you need to "pair" the BV8 and HDR1 or do they just work together as you >expained when connected to BV8-40?

No, you just connect them. It is a 7-40, not that it makes any difference.

>Is the "Record" - button in Beo4 in use?

Yes, that works. Just press "Record" twice and the recording starts.

So all in all it is a mixed bag of pro's and con's. The ideal would of course be a recorder with a HDMI interface, but I do not know if it exist.

I think I will keep my Samsung box from the program provider as it has a harddisk that records in HD quality and the ability to see one program and record another.

That means that I will not need the DVB-HD and the HDR.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)