in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-09-2009 6:27 AM by Burnix. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-08-2009 12:16 AM

• mediabobny
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Greenwich Village, NYC
    • Posts 336
    • Founder

Beocom 1 Cover Replacement?

I'm trying to change the cover colors on two Beocom 1 handsets I have.  I have no problem removing the battery cover and the two screws inside there.  But I can't seem to pry loose the main shell.  I'm inserting a butter knife in the groove on the side but no luck prying it off.  What's holding it on?  Thanks in advance.  

• 06-08-2009 6:41 AM In reply to

Re: Beocom 1 Cover Replacement?

The cover is held in 4 places as shown below.

The correct way of opening the unit is to slip the tool or very thin flexible blade either side of the top of the battery compartment allowing the back to lift 1-2 mm, with both sides lifted a couple of milli metres, then insert the tool near the ear piece and the phone will come appart

Regards Keith....

• 06-09-2009 6:27 AM In reply to

• Burnix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beocom 1 Cover Replacement?

Hi Keith,

Your picture also shows, that there are 2 clips in the top of the handset (one at the IR lens and one in the other side - not marked with a red description). My experience is that these are the must vulnerable and that they break easily. Therefore I also recommend that the backpart is moved upwards to avoid breaking the last two clips.

Other than that I think your images and the description is great.

Br,
    Burnix

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)