in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-26-2008 4:12 PM by Tom. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-26-2008 2:58 AM

My lucky day - who is needed ?

Your post was deleted by Keith_Saunders.

Subject: Re: Question for Beosystem 2 / BV4 users

Reason: Deleted as not needed

Thanks,

BeoWorld Bang & Olufsen Forum team

• 05-26-2008 4:24 AM In reply to

Re: My lucky day - who is needed ?

Big Smile I am sure that is not was was meant! Your post was to bump the thread up as no-one had answered. Keith answered it and I imagine removed the bump - we are trying to remove as many simple posts like bumps once the thread is answered to keep our space used down. The reason the forum has been down recently is due to us coming very close to our limit. We are doing things about this but in the meantime a little housekeeping is helping! Your contributions are always valued! The computer does send the message rather than the moderators!
  • 05-26-2008 4:55 AM In reply to

I am very dissapointed that my input to the BEOWORLD FORUM was delete Sad

My question on the forum was of highly technical nature - and one could imagine that answers would not appear immidiately.

I guess we are only allowed to ask questions, which the moderators can answer immidiately.

As the answer to my question is of great importance to me - I have to say that I am very dissaponted by the BEOWORLD censorship.

• 05-26-2008 5:37 AM In reply to

I CANNOT accept and reject TOTALLY your comments, particularly after I researched an answer for you which was nothing whatsoever to do with censorship and everything to do with providing quality answers in a well presented manner.

THE FACTS

Your posted the following which as you said was of a "Highly technical nature"

Please help !

If you turn <ON> the full system with the remote (Beosystem 2 an BV4)
    Then disconnect the RS232 cable between the Beosystem 2 and the BV 4, and then turn <OFF> the Beosystem 2 with the remote (BV4 screen stays <ON>).
    If you then again turn on the Beosystem 2 - what happens ?
    My screen remains black/muted (with the RS232 cable disconnected) even the screen is <ON>.
    Is this correct operation ???

You did not get any replies and so you posted one word which said "anybody ?" still no reply, so you posted again "anybody ?"

Subsequent to your second "anybody ?" posting I had reviewed the circuit and concluded my constructive response which was:-

Having reviewed the Service manual it is clear that only the transmit and receive signals are wired on the RS232 and other signals such as dataset ready are not wired which means that any polling or data update will NOT occur by justing plugging the cable back in. Actual data must be sent to the Beovision 4 to change its mode, as the cable was unpluged at switch on of the Beosystem, the signal would have been sent, but clearly not received.

So, in answer to your question I would say this is working as per the design.

I then just removed the two "anybody ?" postings to keep the thread clean and easy to read, how exactly is that censorship ?

Regards Keith....

• 05-26-2008 5:39 AM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

I see your post here:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/117401.aspx

No reason to be disapointed. I'm sure there is not intention to apply censorship to your post. Keith is one of the most valuable assets at Beoworld, I really appreciate his advises.

Gustavo

• 05-26-2008 5:43 AM In reply to

(The funnybone was working overtime this morning - I've deleted my comment. But don't think there's been any censorship ...) 

• 05-26-2008 5:44 AM In reply to

why is deleting (or cleaning up) a post directly associated with censorship? If there’s no answer to a post… can happen!

my 0.02€

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 05-26-2008 6:03 AM In reply to

I agree too. It was only a cleaning task. Nothing more than that.Smile

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 05-26-2008 4:12 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Karel Uyttendaele:

my 0.02€

LaughingLaughing 

To add something: I think the mod's job is to keep the placed tidied and clean, and this is what Keith has done, so Yes -  thumbs up to Keith!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)