in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-25-2008 8:36 PM by Stephan. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-20-2008 12:29 PM

Help needed for Samsung templates...

Hi there,

currently I am a little lost with the template programming for a Samsung LCD panel.

I have a 1.34a Beo5, 1.30 config tool, the Lintronic Software and the Beo5 3rd Party XML generator ...

I dont know how much time I've spend on remotecentral.com to find codes for my Samsung LCD LE52M86, but I couldn't find any. The ultima ratio for me would be to buy a Lintronic or IRtrans box to capture the codes from the original remote but I am not sure if that would work as I think it should :-)

I tried the generic RC5 protocol but it didn't work, do you know what protocal Samsung uses? (Couldn't find anything on their website)

Any help is appreciated :-)

Best

ultra

• 12-20-2008 2:30 PM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Re: Help needed for Samsung templates...

There is a way to capture the IR codes from your original remote. If you have a Pocket PC with WM5 and IR port, you can download the trial version of Remote Control 2

This software has the ability to learn codes and it gives you the HEX codes. You can use the HEX codes with the software of Lintronic to create the txt files you need to make a xml file for your Samsung LCD.

Regards

Quim

• 12-25-2008 8:36 PM In reply to

Re: Help needed for Samsung templates...

Thanks for the help Quim, after lending a PDA, everything worked like it should, Mac Mini, Samsung LCD and all B&O Components including lights work now :-)

If anyone needs help in programming, send me a PM... I've spent the last 2 days configuring everything :-)

rgds

ultra

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)