in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-03-2008 2:45 AM by Keith Saunders. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2008 7:05 AM

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

Lutron Grafik Eye IR

I've just noticed this wall light control by Lutron, which contains an IR reciever. http://www.onidserv.com/lutronshop/product/258/Lutron-Grafik-Eye-European-4-Scene-Selector-IR-Bang-&

I was wondering if you have to connect this to the main Grafik system, or can it work individually? It seems like it might as it has its own IR reciever. In other words, could I just install a single one in place of an existing light dimmer? Also, any ideas if it can be controlled by Beo5/A9 aswell? 

Thanks, Robert. 

• 08-27-2008 8:04 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

Re: Lutron Grafik Eye IR

If you down load the technical brochure you will see that this is for conection to the main graffic eye unit. That bit you are looking at is just the receiver for wallmount
  • 08-27-2008 8:21 AM In reply to

If you want a unit that will just work by replacing an existing switch then you need one of these.

http://www.onidserv.com/lutronshop/group/118/Rania-IR-Remote-Control-Dimmer

You can control it from a Beo5, but not the A9

• 08-27-2008 8:44 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

I dont think you can control that from beo 4/5
  • 08-27-2008 10:01 AM In reply to

355f:
    I dont think you can control that from beo 4/5

I use one in my lounge, it works fine with a Beo 5 assuming your dealer adds the lutron codes for you.

You are right about the Beo4 though, it doesn't work for the same reason I stated it won't work from the A9. 

In sumary, it doesn't work from the standard B&O light commands, but your dealer can add the Lutron codes to your Beo5 and it will work fine with scenes, on/off, and dimming.

The same codes also mean you can control any Lutron grafix eye setup without needing the B&O specific models

• 08-27-2008 1:43 PM In reply to

Didn't know that , Lutron do a ceiling mounted receiver but not one that accepts  B&o codes . I wanted to put it above my cinema screen because the wall Lutron is behind me and if I want to work the lights manually I have to turn around to point my Beo4 or 5 at it or it can't see it , not like B&o stuff , it can see commands no matter where the remote is pointing  .
    Richard
  • 09-03-2008 2:45 AM In reply to

I can confirm that the Beo5 can send NON B&O IR codes to products such as non B&O compatible Lutron products.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)