in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-12-2008 4:07 PM by magnushj. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-02-2008 3:59 AM

Beocenter 7000 turntable won't start

I have an intermittent problem with the turntable on my Beocenter 7000

Most of the  time when I press the PH button the turntable starts normally. Sometimes there is a kind of 'pop' sound then notjhing happens and sometimes nothing at all happens.

Usually turning the unit onto standby for  a couple of minutes solves the problem.This morning it didn't!

I am guessing that this might be a capacitor issue (One thing I have learned from Beoworld is most problems on older B&O kit are capactor related!) , but I am not sure what to look at first. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Simon

• 05-02-2008 5:49 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beocenter 7000 turntable won't start

The Beocenter won't react to turntable commands if no record is sensed so maybe the record sensing is bad ?

Martin

• 05-02-2008 5:56 AM In reply to

Thanks Martin, I hadn't though of that one!

How would I go about checking it?

Simon

• 05-03-2008 5:53 AM In reply to

I don't think it is the record sensing. I have tried reseat the record etc.

I turned the power on at the plug this morning and the turntable started spinning and the record arm moved the stylus onto the record while the  unit was still on standby. I pressed PH and stylus lifted and the platter stopped turning. Further preses of PH just cause a loud 'pop' sound from inside the unit.

Anyone know what might be wrong?

Simon

• 05-06-2008 3:51 AM In reply to

Bump!

Anyone got any idea what this might be? I think I have eliminated record sensing as when I remove the record press the PH the display flashes and nothing happens, but when I replace the record the display doesn't flash and I get the audible 'pop' but the turntable/stylus doesn't move.

Simon

• 05-06-2008 5:16 AM In reply to

Hello

After the bump have you tried to do other operations? Does the unit accept other command like radio channel selection (from the buttons 1 to 6) or not?

Let us know

Bye

Eugenio

Eugenio Colazzo

• 05-06-2008 5:58 AM In reply to

Thanks Eugenio

The unit is still workling perfectly in every respect except for the fact that the turntable no longer starts. It has had this problem intermittently for a while, but now it happens all the time.

Simon

NoBit:

Hello

After the bump have you tried to do other operations? Does the unit accept other command like radio channel selection (from the buttons 1 to 6) or not?

Let us know

Bye

Eugenio

• 05-08-2008 4:35 AM In reply to

please wait, I'll check the electric diagram

Eugenio Colazzo

• 05-08-2008 3:19 PM In reply to

Hello

I have a one suggestion for You. It is possible that you have a electricity problem in DIN plug. For example check and clear the pins.

Tomasz 

• 05-12-2008 5:04 AM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 7000 turntable won't start - another question

Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions.

It's working again for now!

I turns out to be a mechanical problem.

I remember form years gone by that some turntables with belt drives need a helping hand to get started by pushing them gently round with a finger  on the label if the belt was on it's way out.

This turned out to need quite definite shove with the heel of my hand , but then it started and played OK. There is however a grinding noise from the turntable whenever it is turning that wasn't there before.

I am guessing that something needs lubricating (maybe some bearings needing some love and attention) but the only service documentation I can find is circuit  diagrams. Can anyone point me in the right direction towards what may need lubricating please?

Thanks

Simon

• 05-12-2008 4:07 PM In reply to

• magnushj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Trondheim, Norway
    • Posts 139
    • Silver Member

Re: Beocenter 7000 turntable won't start - another question

Do NOT grease anything near the big white wheel/gear inside the turntable. I did this myself and that just made things worse. Had to disassemble the whole thing and clean it with electronics cleaner (isopropanol alcohol). The wheel/gear is made from a low friction plastic and does not not need lubrication.

Cleaning it doesn't hurt though. :)

Beocenter 9500+Beolab Penta mk2+Avant+MX7000+Beosound Ouverture+1xBeolab 6000 :)
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)