in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-10-2012 9:34 AM by noisepixie. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-10-2012 9:34 AM

Doe I have a channel problem on my Beogram 3300

Hi

I have biogram 3300 which was connected to a Marantz 44SE (one phone channel now dead). I was connect by a cheap 5pin din to phone adaptor. When i test the channels I noticed that in the channel that worked one phone plug was give a much deeper and detailed sound than the other. Is this an indication of a channel problem or simply using a cheap adaptor? I was not using a pre-amp (I did not know I had to) just straight into the phone and turned the vol up about a 1/3 above that for the CD (an Onkyo), would that make a difference? What I am basically asking is do I need to take it to the repairers?

Anyone have any tips or recommendations on none-B&O amps that work well with the 3300? I found that the Marantz sounded much better than my old 3300 beomaster (probably not the best place to say such a thing!). And I recently ran a Pro-ject 7 amp through the system which sounded out of the world compared to the old system. Was the beomaster not up to much? I have seen a beocentre 9500 on iconic-AV and hesitate to buy it due to my previous experience of B&O sound, and the fact I would need a pre-amp for the 3300 to work, would'nt I?

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)